Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Have Parents Provide?
CityGarden 08:33 AM 05-31-2017
I stumbled on an old thread that discussed cost savings which lead me to wonder what do you have parents provide for their child at daycare/preschool?
hwichlaz 08:36 AM 05-31-2017
A change of clothes, diapers, wipes, bottles.

Everyone contributes a bottle of spray no-wipe sunscreen every Spring, and a face stick for their own child.

If they are on a special formula or milk they provide that as well.
Leigh 08:41 AM 05-31-2017
I have them provide nothing other than extra clothing. I provide diapers, wipes, food/formula, diaper creams, sunscreen, swimsuits-everything. I got tired of begging parents to bring supplies and having them forget. I figured that it costs me about $7 a week extra to provide these things, and I raised my rates by $17.50 to cover the expenses. I come out ahead, I never run out of supplies, the parents are happy that they don't have to remember to bring supplies and I'm happy that I no longer have to beg them for diapers!
Blackcat31 08:43 AM 05-31-2017
This is the list of supplies from my handbook

INFANTS:

PRESCHOOLERS:

CityGarden 08:46 AM 05-31-2017
Right now I have parents provide:

Klean Kanteen water bottle - kid size with sport top (for the park only)

Crib Sheet, Blanket & Crib size pillow - if staying full day

Pull Up / Diapers

Wipes

Sunblock and Sunblock Face stick for warm months
Jupadia 09:47 AM 05-31-2017
All kids bring
Sunscreen
Wipes
Diapers
Change of clothes
Appropriate outdoor clothing for the season

Infants bring in addition to the above

Bottles (kept here)
Formula or breast milk
All baby food
Pasifers X2 (if used) (keept herel
Also if parents choose not to have my food ie a diffrent milk they provide that as well. (No change in price of care)
finsup 10:56 AM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I have them provide nothing other than extra clothing. I provide diapers, wipes, food/formula, diaper creams, sunscreen, swimsuits-everything. I got tired of begging parents to bring supplies and having them forget. I figured that it costs me about $7 a week extra to provide these things, and I raised my rates by $17.50 to cover the expenses. I come out ahead, I never run out of supplies, the parents are happy that they don't have to remember to bring supplies and I'm happy that I no longer have to beg them for diapers!
Same here. I don't even ask for extra clothes anymore because between 3 kids, my ever growing lawn sale collection to put on consignment, and in laws who buy anything on sale regardless of size, I have nearly all sizes of clothes lol. So much less stress for me this way!
Leigh 11:32 AM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by finsup:
Same here. I don't even ask for extra clothes anymore because between 3 kids, my ever growing lawn sale collection to put on consignment, and in laws who buy anything on sale regardless of size, I have nearly all sizes of clothes lol. So much less stress for me this way!
I have a few kids who I send home in my son's old clothes, too! I had FIFTEEN totes of clothing stored in newborn-3T, and realized that I needed about 3 (I save some clothes for foster care placements so that I don't have to go out and buy a new wardrobe the day the arrive). I tried to pare it down to 2 weeks' worth of clothing in each size, and gave the rest to the mom of my special needs twins. It felt good to free up that space, and to give them to those boys, too.
jenboo 11:33 AM 05-31-2017
Two complete changes of clothes, daily prepared bottles, special milks (if needed) and seasonal items (water play clothes, sunscreen, snow suits, gloves).
AmyKidsCo 01:08 PM 05-31-2017
Extra clothes, diapers or pull ups, wipes, bottles, sippy cups, formula if they don't like my brand, baby food if they don't like my brand, bibs/burp cloths if they want to use theirs instead of mine. I also post a Wish List in my monthly newsletter and have gotten a bunch of donations from that: Kleenex, hand soap, markers, paint, squirt bottles, etc. One parent made me an outside easel from plans I posted in the Wish List!
Pestle 01:16 PM 05-31-2017
Supply list

No diaper bags or car seats. Please send only the following supplies.
I will notify you when supplies are running low.
I will return soiled clothing to you at pick up.

Infants:
2 spare changes of clothing
Pack of disposable diapers, or cloth diapers with wet bag
Pack of diaper wipes
Diaper ointment
Insect repellant
Sun hat/cap
Burp cloths

Toddlers & preschoolers:
1 spare change of clothing
Pack of pull-ups or a week's supply of training pants
Swim diapers
Sunscreen
Insect repellant
Sun hat/cap

Food:
Formula/breast milk only. Do not send other foods.

Medication:
Prescribed medication, with the prescription and release form
Over-the-counter medication, with release form

trix23 03:13 PM 05-31-2017
Parents supply:

-diapers/ pull ups
-sippy cup
-bottles & formula/breast milk
-3 changes of clothes (w/socks) for all kids
-tennis shoes (For girls too) with socks to be worn daily

I provide all plates bowls silverware nap mats Pack & plays Linens blankets for toddlers, etc
LK5kids 08:14 PM 05-31-2017
Diapers, wipes, bottles & Formula

Change of clothes

Winter-mittens, hat, boots-I don't do snow pants!

2 yrs and up in August they bring school supplies-washable markers, crayons, bottle of school glue..I provide the rest.

Once child is out of pack n play they must provide a sleeping bag (and pillow if desired).

I charge each family a small amount for sunscreen so I don't have 8-10 different bottle of sunscreen. When it's gone I charge the fee again.
Pepperth 06:40 AM 06-01-2017
All times of year: 2 changes of clothing, blanket to be kept here, diapers, (3) bottles to be kept here if needed

Seasonally:. Winter attire, swimsuit to be packed daily in summer, sunscreen to be kept here, hat for shade.

I provide wipes. It's just easier.
renodeb 02:38 PM 06-02-2017
Leigh, I so hear you. When I first started everyone told me to have the parents provide as much as possible so I wouldn't have to. So for the first year of business I did. What a pain that turned out to be. Parents forgetting things, complaining that I use to many wipes or not enough, wondering why there diaper supply went down so fast.
I changed to just having them provide two changes of clothes, and two bottles (if applicable) and it has been so much better. Believe it or not most of my dc parents actually return the spare clothes if they leave in something that belongs to me. I don't feel like it costs me much to provide stuff and it's so much easier.
bklsmum 02:56 PM 06-02-2017
Seasonally appropriate change of clothes, 2 for infants, a sweatshirt that must be kept here and a swimsuit, hat, and sandals that must be kept here during the summer and snow gear that must be kept here during the winter. I give them the option to have me provide these things for a fee but they can bring them. I provide everything else including Luvs diapers and Parent's Choice formula. If they want a diff brand of diapers and/or formula then they must provide it.
Cat Herder 02:57 PM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I do the same. Scary at first. Life altering after the initial investment.

It was part of my "Simplify" process after a pretty rough bout with burnout.
flying_babyb 08:51 PM 06-02-2017
Infants;
diapers
wipes
clothes
Pjs for EACH night
bottles
nuk

Older kids:
diapers
wipes
2 changes of clothes
Pjs

What they really provide:
a kid whos diapers wet at pickup, enough diapers for ONE day, and No wipes. Extra clothes never seen to be provided. Taken to putting "stolen from xxxx daycare" on the back of all daycare clothes
Blackcat31 06:59 AM 06-03-2017
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
Taken to putting "stolen from xxxx daycare" on the back of all daycare clothes
BTDT but most won't return them anyways or they forget.
Charge a "lease" or "rental" fee instead.

If items are no returned freshly laundered within 5 business days the parent is automatically charged $20.

That's an expensive pair of used sweatpants if the forget to return them
Unregistered 08:57 AM 06-03-2017
We ask our parents to supply the following for our infants:
1. Diapers
2. Wipes
3. Gloves
4. Extra clothes
flying_babyb 03:24 PM 06-03-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
BTDT but most won't return them anyways or they forget.
Charge a "lease" or "rental" fee instead.

If items are no returned freshly laundered within 5 business days the parent is automatically charged $20.

That's an expensive pair of used sweatpants if the forget to return them
im showing my boss this!! maybe it will help!
Reply Up