Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Leaves Changing Yet?
Baby Beluga 09:24 AM 09-19-2018
Does anyone live in an area where the leaves are changing colors yet? If so, would you be willing to mail me some leaves? Pretty please? I live in an area where we don't really get seasons but I would like to use leaves in our fall curriculum. I'll happily send you money for postage and your time.
Josiegirl 09:31 AM 09-19-2018
Won't they get all crispy and crumbly?
happymom 09:36 AM 09-19-2018
I sent you a DM
Blackcat31 09:43 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Does anyone live in an area where the leaves are changing colors yet? If so, would you be willing to mail me some leaves? Pretty please? I live in an area where we don't really get seasons but I would like to use leaves in our fall curriculum. I'll happily send you money for postage and your time.
What type and color do you want?
EVERYTHING here is changing colors.....
Attached: thumbnail_IMG_1582.jpg (124.8 KB) 
Baby Beluga 09:47 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Won't they get all crispy and crumbly?
Usually if you keep them in a ziplock bag they will be okay for a couple of weeks
Baby Beluga 09:48 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
What type and color do you want?
EVERYTHING here is changing colors.....
Beautiful! Our cacti here is green...and brown

I think happymom is going to send me some, but if she would prefer not to then yes, please!
Blackcat31 09:56 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Beautiful! Our cacti here is green...and brown

I think happymom is going to send me some, but if she would prefer not to then yes, please!
I don't know what state she is in, but I'll send you some too if you want some variation in types/colors.

We have maple trees, oak trees, poplar/aspen, birch etc...
daycarediva 10:00 AM 09-19-2018
Ours are jusssttt starting. I'm so excited I can't contain it! Every day I have the kids 'spying leaves'.
happymom 10:26 AM 09-19-2018
I don't know what state she is in, but I'll send you some too if you want some variation in types/colors.

We have maple trees, oak trees, poplar/aspen, birch etc...
I am in Utah and I have maple trees turning (for sure) in my yard and some aspen (but they are still mostly green).
jenboo 12:06 PM 09-19-2018
Im in idaho. I have no idea what type of tree we have but we have some leaves on our grass!
Baby Beluga 01:59 PM 09-19-2018
Happymom is going to mail some

The type of leaves doesn't matter, the colors are more what I am interested in. Here fall is still in the high 90's/low 100's so when we do our fall unit of learning it tends to be a hard concept to grasp for the kids. But they will love having real fall leaves to learn about and explore.
happymom 03:35 PM 09-19-2018
I will try to get some good colored ones and if for some reason I can't, I'll let you know! I lot of the trees are still green, but I can see in our mountains leaves are turning already. I think my maple tree is turning!
happymom 12:21 PM 09-20-2018
BlackCat and Baby Beluga,
I got home and checked my leaves and all the leaves around my work and they are not changing yet. It seems to only be up in the mountains and I won't have time to get up there in the forseeable future.

I can send the leaves when they change, if you can wait! I thought my maple tree was changing, but it most definitely is not LOL
Ariana 12:39 PM 09-20-2018
Can you get them at michaels? Or another art store? Nothing is changing here yet!
Blackcat31 01:05 PM 09-20-2018
Baby Beluga...

PM me your address.... I'll send you a bunch of leaves in an array of colors.

EVERYTHING is changing here....

Here is a picture from this mornings news/weather report:
Attached: fall-colors.jpg (83.2 KB) 
happymom 02:48 PM 09-20-2018
Wow, that's beautiful!
Baby Beluga 04:09 PM 09-20-2018
Baby Beluga...

PM me your address.... I'll send you a bunch of leaves in an array of colors.

EVERYTHING is changing here....

Here is a picture from this mornings news/weather report:
It's beautiful!! Sending you a PM.

Originally Posted by happymom:
BlackCat and Baby Beluga,
I got home and checked my leaves and all the leaves around my work and they are not changing yet. It seems to only be up in the mountains and I won't have time to get up there in the forseeable future.

I can send the leaves when they change, if you can wait! I thought my maple tree was changing, but it most definitely is not LOL
No worries, thank you so much for offering to
Tags:autumn, change of seasons, fall season
Reply Up