Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-25-2018, 02:49 PM
BrynleeJean BrynleeJean is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 226
Default Drop-in Contract

I have read the other drop in contract post it wasn't exact what i was looking for.
I have a policy handbook for parents to sign which I had the drop in parents sign of course
I also have a payment contract between provider and parent. real straight forward like and its fill in the blank and off the state site really. it says like my kid will attend the following days and for that Ill the daycare X on this day every week and if i don't pay by this time on this day theres a late fee of this amount.
so what do you do for drop ins?
i have to have all the other info and I'm pretty sure i have to have a payment agreement on file as well but don't exactly know how to word this.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-25-2018, 05:02 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is online now
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moorpark CA, Ocean Ridge, FL
Posts: 6,874
Default

Lots of Drop In Contracts threads here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...op+in+contract
__________________
Michael Castello
http://www.ccin.com/about.html
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-26-2018, 07:16 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrynleeJean View Post
I have read the other drop in contract post it wasn't exact what i was looking for.
I have a policy handbook for parents to sign which I had the drop in parents sign of course
I also have a payment contract between provider and parent. real straight forward like and its fill in the blank and off the state site really. it says like my kid will attend the following days and for that Ill the daycare X on this day every week and if i don't pay by this time on this day theres a late fee of this amount.
so what do you do for drop ins?
i have to have all the other info and I'm pretty sure i have to have a payment agreement on file as well but don't exactly know how to word this.
What kind of info are you needing to have included on a drop in contract?

For me, drop in's simply need to pay in advance (AT drop off) and I need some basic child info (state required for any child in care) and the parents contact info.

I don't need any other type of "contract" or agreement for them. If their child is an easy child to have as a drop in, I'd entertain the idea of having them again. If the child was horrid, then I wouldn't have space available when they called the next time.

If you are referring to families that use less than 3 days a week (I require 3 days/week min.) on a regular basis, I just give them the same contract and policy handbook as the others. Their rate is much higher but availability is not always an option so that part is the only part different than regular contracted families.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-26-2018, 09:01 AM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,829
Default

My drop-ins fill out the same information forms, follow the same handbook and sign the same contract as every other parent. The only difference is the rate and drop off time. My policies stay the same.

That makes it easy for times when they are attending a full week, like over Christmas break, when many other families keep their kids home.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-26-2018, 11:35 AM
Ariana's Avatar
Ariana Ariana is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,719
Default

My drop ins do not sign a contract and pay the day before care is to take place for the full week (whatever days they need care for that week). So if someone needs care Wednesday and Thursday they must pay Tuesday evening for both days.

There is no contract, we can both cancel at any time. They do fill out a registration form though.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-26-2018, 12:04 PM
e.j.'s Avatar
e.j. e.j. is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
My drop-ins fill out the same information forms, follow the same handbook and sign the same contract as every other parent. The only difference is the rate and drop off time. My policies stay the same.
Same here. Everything is the same - contract, handbook, policies, etc. I have a spot in my contract where I write the weekly tuition amount. For a drop in client, I just write "Varies" in that spot. Their payment amount depends on the number of days/hours they need. They pay upfront based on that information.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-26-2018, 02:52 PM
BrynleeJean BrynleeJean is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
What kind of info are you needing to have included on a drop in contract?

For me, drop in's simply need to pay in advance (AT drop off) and I need some basic child info (state required for any child in care) and the parents contact info.

I don't need any other type of "contract" or agreement for them. If their child is an easy child to have as a drop in, I'd entertain the idea of having them again. If the child was horrid, then I wouldn't have space available when they called the next time.

If you are referring to families that use less than 3 days a week (I require 3 days/week min.) on a regular basis, I just give them the same contract and policy handbook as the others. Their rate is much higher but availability is not always an option so that part is the only part different than regular contracted families.

I guess this seems right. I guess Iíd just never thought about it? This family uses me often for drop in and I donít have a payment contract for this type of abnormal schedule.
They sign and fill out all other paperwork the same but the payment contract doesnít fit right becauses itís a one and done.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-26-2018, 03:03 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrynleeJean View Post
I guess this seems right. I guess Iíd just never thought about it? This family uses me often for drop in and I donít have a payment contract for this type of abnormal schedule.
They sign and fill out all other paperwork the same but the payment contract doesnít fit right becauses itís a one and done.
Thanks
My contract has different options so it works for part time, full time and drop ins. I'll PM you a copy just so you can see what I mean.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-27-2018, 10:38 AM
MarinaVanessa's Avatar
MarinaVanessa MarinaVanessa is offline
Family Childcare Home
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 7,178
Default

I have a different contract for drop in clients than full/part time clients. Mine talks about reserving, changing and canceling a reservation etc and certain things are different than FT/PT (like the cancellation terms).

Mine is on my website here if you want to take a look.
https://myhelpinghandschildcare.webs...ollment-packet
__________________
Daycare Ninja, CA
Helping Hands Childcare
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-28-2018, 01:57 PM
BrynleeJean BrynleeJean is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
My contract has different options so it works for part time, full time and drop ins. I'll PM you a copy just so you can see what I mean.

thanks very much
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drop in contract

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is She Entitled to a Refund?? Unregistered Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 31 05-12-2016 08:35 PM
Drop in Contract? Nurse Jackie Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 04-21-2016 03:14 PM
I Need Drop In Or Before And After School Contract Help! LaLa1923 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 5 01-16-2014 10:39 PM
Do You Have A Separate Contract For Drop In Families? melilley Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 2 02-14-2013 01:16 PM
Contract Expert Needed! Question Please legomom922 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 13 01-04-2011 09:51 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:49 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming