Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vaccines
CalCare 07:48 AM 10-06-2018
Hi all! What does Prevnar cover from our list of requirements? I know everyone has different required, I'm in CA. But any person, in any state may be familiar with this vax. I can't seem to match up any of our required vaccines (ex: mmr, etc) to what Prevnar is defined as online. Obviously I would clear whatever I need to clear with licensing, but until then, for the sake of humouring and chatting with a potential client, does anyone know what it covers? It seems like PCV? But that's like one out of a million needed and this child has had Prevnar and little else.
Thanks!
jenboo 09:45 AM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by CalCare:
Hi all! What does Prevnar cover from our list of requirements? I know everyone has different required, I'm in CA. But any person, in any state may be familiar with this vax. I can't seem to match up any of our required vaccines (ex: mmr, etc) to what Prevnar is defined as online. Obviously I would clear whatever I need to clear with licensing, but until then, for the sake of humouring and chatting with a potential client, does anyone know what it covers? It seems like PCV? But that's like one out of a million needed and this child has had Prevnar and little else.
Thanks!
I believe it's pneumococcal and diphtheria
Unregistered 09:59 AM 10-06-2018
It is a pneumonia vaccine (I think)
Ariana 05:49 PM 10-06-2018
Yes it is the pneumonia vaccine I am pretty sure. You can Google it too. I am trying to get my husband to get it because he has asthma but it is only recommended for patients over 50 here so unless this kid has some sort of immune issue they shouldn’t technically need it
CalCare 06:00 PM 10-06-2018
Thanks guys! Yeah, I definitely googled it a lot already lol and saw what it said, but none of it matches up with the vaccines on my list so I thought maybe there was some sort of initials that I didn't see online. Cause we need HepB and HIB or all these different letters haha so I have always just matched them up and have never seen Prevnar. I guess it's nothing that satisfies any requirements whatsoever. So they don't have any vaccines they need basically.
hwichlaz 01:35 PM 10-07-2018
zip, nadda. It's an extra like flu. Recommended but not required. It's marketed as prevention for ear infections because the pneomonacoccal (sp) strains it covers actually cause ear infections, not meninigits.
Tags:vaccinations
Reply Up