Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Holy Moly...This screams nightmare!

Quote:
Childcare for 2 needed in My HOME, maybe Yours

I AM SPECIFICALLY LOOKING FOR CARE IN MY HOME, IF YOU CAN PROVIDE CARE IN MY HOME YOU WILL BE PUT AT THE TOP OF THE INTERVIEW LIST, HOWEVER, IF I CANNOT FIND SOMEONE TO PROVIDE CARE IN MY HOME I WILL BEGIN INTERVIEWING THOSE CLOSEST TO MY LOCATION.

- I WOULD LOVE FOR A MOTHER WHO DOES NOT HAVE THE FUNDS TO PAY FOR DAYCARE TO PROVIDE CHILDCARE FOR MY CHILDREN WHICH WILL ALLOW MY 4 YEAR OLD BOY, MARIO, TO HAVE AT LEAST 1 PLAYMATE! THIS WOULD ALLOW FOR MY CHILDREN TO BE CARED FOR IN THEIR HOME WHICH IS A BIG DEAL TO ME ESPECIALLY SINCE I HAVE A 7 MONTH OLD BOY, LEONARDO, AS WELL AS YOU BEING ABLE TO MAKE A LITTLE EXTRA MONEY!

- I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE IMMEDIATELY, PROVIDING CARE 2 DAYS A WEEK UNTIL AUGUST 27TH AND THEN I WILL REQUIRE FULL-TIME CARE, MONDAY THRU FRIDAY 7AM- 6PM

- I am going to be honest, I cannot afford a lot due to being on 1 INCOME for a FAMILY OF 4, YOU CAN MAKE ME AN OFFER JUST TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION AN ESTABLISHED CHILDCARE WOULD CHARGE $900 A MONTH FOR FULLTIME CARE AND I CANNOT AFFORD THIS AT ALL

- YOU MUST HAVE REFERENCES

- I will REQUIRE at least 3 HOURS OF LEARNING ACTIVITIES FOR MY 4 YR OLD

- I would REQUIRE PICK UP AFTER MY CHILDREN, BUT WOULD LIKE EXTRA HELP AROUND THE HOUSE IN LIGHT CLEANING DUTIES SUCH AS DUSTING, VACUUMING, DISHES, & LAUNDRY (THIS WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN A PRICE IS AGREED UPON)

- You must be able to prepare EASY MEALS

PLEASE CALL ME AT ***-**** INSTEAD OF EMAIL, BUT I WILL RESPOND MORE QUICKLY THIS WAY. PLUS IF I DON?T ANSWER PLEASE LEAVE A DETAILED VOICEMAIL!!!! Also I have people tell me they will respond to me by phone and then do not, this to me is a sign of UNRELIABLENESS, so if you are not RELIABLE DO NOT RESPOND!!!

THANKS FOR LOOKING AND YOU WILL LOVE MY VERY LOVING BOYS

Babysitter/ Child care/ Nanny needed

I am half tempted to respond but...I feel that even if she does choose me, she will be HARD to work with! I'd charge her 700$ for the two boys but I have a feeling she is looking for low ball prices. OUCH!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pootmcgoot View Post
I am half tempted to respond but...I feel that even if she does choose me, she will be HARD to work with! I'd charge her 700$ for the two boys but I have a feeling she is looking for low ball prices. OUCH!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Daycare.com Member

I hope you're laughing at her and not me! :P
Old 07-16-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pootmcgoot View Post
I hope you're laughing at her and not me! :P
Def. HER l
Old 07-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Daycare.com Member

I guess a lot would depend on the going rate in your area but this ad wouldn't even begin to tempt me. If I've done my math correctly, she wants you to work 11 hour days for under $2 per hour per kid. For less than $2 per hour per kid, she not only wants you to take care of them and keep them safe, she wants you to teach them, clean up after them, clean up after her, do the laundry and cook meals. In addition to that, she wants the child care done in her home which limits your income to only what she's willing to pay you. At least if her kids came to you, you would have other families paying you as well which would boost your income. Hmm...no thanks!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:38 PM

The overuse of caps alone is a huge turn off for me. She could be offering $20 a hour and I still wouldn't do it.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Daycare.com Member

Next!! This is ridiculous.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Teacher View Post
The overuse of caps alone is a huge turn off for me. She could be offering $20 a hour and I still wouldn't do it.
I was thinking the same thing. I read that like this:

ME ME ME, ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME...$10. ME
Old 07-16-2012, 01:19 PM

My concern with this ad is she has TWO children and one income for a family of FOUR. Ok, is there another child or another adult floating around?
Old 07-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post

Good one!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:48 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Wow! That is outrageous! Where I live, that would run her $1200 MINIMUM. Personally, I would charge $800/mo, PER CHILD, and I close at 5:00

Like PP, I wouldn't care if she was offering $20/hour. I don't let people "require" anything from me. I am self-employed for a reason, and for $2 an hour? No freaking way I would let somone tell me what to do for that!

Where do people get the idea that they can pay someone so little AND tell them what to do? I thought slavery was illegal!
Old 07-16-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
My concern with this ad is she has TWO children and one income for a family of FOUR. Ok, is there another child or another adult floating around?
I was wondering the same thing.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Trix are for kids

I was also wondering about the family of 4 and 2 children .

One of the big red flags for me was 3 hours devoted to teaching the 4 year old. I suppose if some of that time was used to do free play where they were also learning (like blocks, manipulatives, sensory play, etc.), but I have the feeling she meant she wants you to do 3 hours of worksheet-type of "teaching."
Old 07-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
99% chance that her husband is deployed and she's looking for work.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Not really crazy

If the husband is working and she is also wouldn't that be 2 incomes?
Old 07-16-2012, 04:21 PM

"light" housework and meals is almost always meaning that it is everything possibly that she can get out of you.....the 3 hours of educational activities are outrageous. Anybody able to come up with that much focused learning, day after day, would be an experienced and/or educated individual that would be expecting a lot more money than what she can offer. the "we are on one income, I dont have much money" is always a red flag to me. JMO
Old 07-16-2012, 04:34 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom View Post
"light" housework and meals is almost always meaning that it is everything possibly that she can get out of you.....the 3 hours of educational activities are outrageous. Anybody able to come up with that much focused learning, day after day, would be an experienced and/or educated individual that would be expecting a lot more money than what she can offer. the "we are on one income, I dont have much money" is always a red flag to me. JMO
Me too! It SCREAMS "I deserve things I didn't earn," doesn't it?
Old 07-16-2012, 08:35 PM
False Sense Of Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post

Tags
advertising, craigs list, pita ads