Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Teacher gifts?
sahm1225 05:48 AM 12-06-2014
For those that have your own kids in school - what do you typically give the teachers for Christmas? My dd is kindergarten & ds is 1st grade and I was getting their teacher a set of gloves, some candy and a $10 gift card. Then there's an aide adores my dd (she is the preschool aide but also helps during recess and she is just a doll) and I got her the gloves, candy and a $5 gift card.

Someone mentioned on another post about giving teachers $50 gift card. Does everyone give that much?
ccare_erin 05:51 AM 12-06-2014
I was planning to give my children's teachers $50 each but then I asked a dcm who has been a teacher for 10 years. She said $5-$10 is typical. $20 is rare. Target or Visa is good because they are generic. She said the teachers trade gift cards amongst each other when they don't want what they have. lol
Erin
hope 03:38 AM 12-07-2014
I give a nice bottle of wine. DD has a teacher, special ed teacher, speech teacher, OT teacher, social skills teacher, aide, PT teacher and a home tutor. Oh and i give to her CCD teacher. It becomes quite costly. So i buy a case of wine and each get one decorated nicely. It may not be the most appropriate gift but i know that after working with children all day long i would like to have a glass of wine.
DaveA 06:00 AM 12-07-2014
Usually cards with scratch off tickets in them. If I know someone won't want the lottery cards, I go with card for the local coffee shop.
Reply Up