Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM said to consider it a bonus
Josiegirl 03:08 AM 12-02-2014
This is the situation-dcg was adopted and now can receive subsidy benefits. Dcf paid me for a week that ended up getting paid by the state and when I said something about owing her that one week she spoke up and said no no no, consider it a bonus. I told her I don't feel right about it and that she will be getting reimbursement. She still said no.
I dearly appreciate this gesture and this family, they are wonderful in all respects but how hard would you push this?
Play Care 03:13 AM 12-02-2014
The only issue I might have is if the state finds out you were paid by mom *and* them. They might not see it as a "bonus" KWIM?

That said, maybe call it a "donation" instead so it's not as if you are double dipping?
Josiegirl 03:20 AM 12-02-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
The only issue I might have is if the state finds out you were paid by mom *and* them. They might not see it as a "bonus" KWIM?

That said, maybe call it a "donation" instead so it's not as if you are double dipping?
Ah yes, hadn't even thought about that! Thank you, I'll use that against her.
nothingwithoutjoy 05:08 AM 12-02-2014
I wouldn't push it. She's grateful and wants to thank you. You deserve it.
wonderfullisa 06:36 AM 12-02-2014
Agreed. You offered to return it, she declined. Accept and say thank you.
TheGoodLife 06:54 AM 12-02-2014
It's a Christmas donation If you offered to refund it twice and she refused both times, I would keep it and use it for what you feel like! She might be offended if you refuse her gift, and it is the time for giving! You deserve it
NoMoreJuice! 07:08 AM 12-02-2014
Referencing another post awhile back in which a provider got an unexpected amount of money from a dc parent... I loved the suggestion that someone had to use the money towards toys or equipment for your daycare. Art supplies, books, anything you think will enrich your daycare kid's lives! If you can reconcile it with your conscience, you can write dcm a thank you note for all the great stuff that her kid will benefit from!
Reply Up