Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Messed Up?

I have a SA dcboy. This year will be his last with me. My numbers are tight this year, so on half days from school and days when his school is closed (staff development days, vacations, etc) I won't have a spot for him. The only days I have are strictly after school as one family is picking up before school lets out. So I had emailed this to the parents:

Quote:
I do have a slight change. While I do have space for J after school, I will unfortunately not have a space on days off from school or half days. As you don't normally use most of this time I am hoping this is not too great of an inconvenience.
But what I had meant was all the staff development half days and days off that the district takes, not holidays. So today when they dropped off, they shorted the check for yesterday. My thought is that had yesterday not been a holiday, but a school day, he would have come after school and thus holiday pay is due.
But looking back at the email it doesn't seem really clear. I did email them back with a "hey, I need to clarify what I meant" and went to list the specific days on the calendar where no money would be due.
Ugh, I hate messing up!
And this is my nickle and dime family, too
Old 09-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I have a family w 2 dcb, one bus drops 11a the other 3p. I charge $250 wk. My normal ft rate is $160. Parents understand they take up 2 slots in my count. I'm waiting for them to want lower rate next year when both bus drop 3p.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:51 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletots View Post
I have a family w 2 dcb, one bus drops 11a the other 3p. I charge $250 wk. My normal ft rate is $160. Parents understand they take up 2 slots in my count. I'm waiting for them to want lower rate next year when both bus drop 3p.
Thankfully my state has a couple designated school aged spots, so the SA kids don't take our FT spots. But I'm wondering if I really messed up, or are they being deliberate obtuse.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:56 AM
Daycare.com Member

I read it like you meant it, but I don't know if being another provider jaded my reading.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:00 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriftylady View Post
I read it like you meant it, but I don't know if being another provider jaded my reading.
That's just it. They are both teachers - so they don't usually pay for vacations. But they've always paid for holidays when I am closed (ie: Labor Day, Columbus Day, etc) When I emailed them initially I was looking at all the early dismissal days and the couple of all day teacher development days - the days where in the past I *did* have space for him. This had nothing to do with paid holidays.
That said, I see where it could be confusing so I did email back to explain (and list the exact days that are unpaid ). We'll see how that goes.

Tags
days off, half rate, holidays - off, paid vacations