Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Annual Fire Extinguisher Inspection
StarMama01 06:11 AM 06-05-2017
Hopefully someone from MN (Minneapolis) knows the answer to this: where do I get my annual fire extinguisher inspection? I already asked Google, my licensor, my local fire department (he mentioned a company in New Ulm - not local at all), and even my firefighter SIL. Nobody knows! I spent less than $50 for a new one a year ago. It's been such a hassle already - do I just buy a new one every year?
Blackcat31 06:18 AM 06-05-2017
Originally Posted by StarMama01:
Hopefully someone from MN (Minneapolis) knows the answer to this: where do I get my annual fire extinguisher inspection? I already asked Google, my licensor, my local fire department (he mentioned a company in New Ulm - not local at all), and even my firefighter SIL. Nobody knows! I spent less than $50 for a new one a year ago. It's been such a hassle already - do I just buy a new one every year?
What county are you in?
StarMama01 06:24 AM 06-05-2017
Hennepin
Blackcat31 06:37 AM 06-05-2017
Many of these companies will come to your site and inspect/approve your fire extinguisher and provide a certificate of compliance.

I do not know the costs of any of these services as I am about 4 hours north of you but the companies I listed below are what was shared by other providers on the MN Provider FB group page. No one seemed to complain about the costs though so my guess is it's affordable. Plus it's tax deductible. Hope these help!

StarMama01 07:18 AM 06-05-2017
Yes, thank you so much!

Out of this list, I was able to talk to a human at LVC. For interested novices like me, it's $5 per unit if you bring it in. If you need an on-site inspection, there's an extra $50 truck fee. It sounds like licensed providers usually do this as a group or through an association.
Snowmom 08:06 AM 06-05-2017
I'm metro area. I use Central Fire. Jim Becker: (952) 758-7261
He charges $25-$30 depending on your area. He comes to you and schedules visits about a week or two out.
hwichlaz 08:11 AM 06-05-2017
Our local oxegyn supply company does it. They fill dive tanks, medical oxygen tanks, and check fire ext. It's not just inspected. They empty, inspect, and refill...all in their truck. They automatically come every year the month it's due for aobut $25. I'm on a route that they have.
Mom2Two 03:13 PM 06-05-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Our local oxegyn supply company does it. They fill dive tanks, medical oxygen tanks, and check fire ext. It's not just inspected. They empty, inspect, and refill...all in their truck. They automatically come every year the month it's due for aobut $25. I'm on a route that they have.
That's awesome! Wish I could find a good way to refill here. I just end up buying a new one every two years. :-(
Rainbow 12:18 PM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Wow. Whenever I have mine inspected, they just give it a visual look over, check the date, take off the hose, blow through it, slap a new label on it and charge me $5 bucks. I could do all that
Tags:fire extinguisher, fire inspection
Reply Up