Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Things Are Starting To Look Up!
beachgrl 10:50 AM 11-03-2011
So despite being sick this week and feeling like dooty the last few days, I was only out one day due to a bad head cold/sinus thing and that was only because I called to let my dcm know before she brought her child and she decided to let dcb stay with someone else for the day which means I owe her back a day's pay but after how I felt yesterday...I am so glad because I wasn't worth much of nothin....that being said....

I got a call from a prospective parent who is moving back to the area to take a job back where she was before and who once we got to talking, realized I worked with a very good and close friend of hers so she is super excited and wanted to know about paying to hold a spot for her child since it will be after xmas before the child starts. I told her a little less than half the normal weekly rate to hold the spot which was great for her and she is looking to see when her and dad can both come by for a visit and to get everything set up! and....

I had a parent a few weeks ago come by for a visit (an acquaintance through my hubby and a friend of his actually) and take a packet who I then didn't hear anything back from and had kind of figured she decided not to move her child from the person who had been keeping the dcg so oh well...well turns out she had given that person a months notice and called me to let me know she wants dcg to start in two weeks with me full time!!!

These two, in addition to the ft I already have and my pt/drop-in (who will have to go to ft or pt certain specific set days or loose his spot) makes me almost at full enrollment which would be great! I am happy to have three for now though for sure and if I hear back from the MANY others who are wanting care for DEC/JAN I will be full to the brim with a waiting list!!! I am so excited to have this dcg start, and not only that, I will have toddlers-preschoolers with no infants so far! Whooot! Fingers crossed all goes well and I can get the remaining spots taken care of by DEC!
laundrymom 11:06 AM 11-03-2011
Yippee!!!!! So happy for you!
beachgrl 12:52 PM 11-03-2011
Thanks, me too...the other mom just called to confirm when the child would be starting and to setup a day to meet next week and go ahead and pay for the spot for nov to be held and will pay for dec in dec, her and hubby think my holding rate is very reasonable and are super excited to get involved since I worked with someone mom is very good friends with!

I am just so glad things are working out, now school in Spring is going to be a challenge because I just found out I will have to take two courses that are pretty intensive and one that has an additional 8 hours a week internship in an early childhood setting (can't be my own daycare of course...go figure) which I will have to squeeze in in the evenings but I already got a jump start on where I can do it at the local community college in their program from having my student intern last year...the head of the dept is more than willing to help me out with my hours so yay! I will just have to figure out how to balance my hours with work and my school work too...add in that my hubby is going to have a psychotic school and work schedule and we will be super crazy psycho busy but I guess that is a good thing! lol
Tags:positive
Reply Up