Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quick WWYD
SquirrellyMama 04:35 PM 12-18-2014
I have an awful cold, very low fever. I have 2 kids with colds and a third that woke up with a temp of 104 this afternoon. These are my own kids.

My dh wants me to call dc families and cancel for tomorrow. I think one family will be fine. The other family has a sick dcm, possibly strep throat. I think she'll want to drop off so she can rest which is what she has done this week. It has been fine, but now we are sick. Not because of her.

Would you do what your dh has said or ignore him?

Kelly
daycare 04:43 PM 12-18-2014
Originally Posted by SquirrellyMama:
I have an awful cold, very low fever. I have 2 kids with colds and a third that woke up with a temp of 104 this afternoon. These are my own kids.

My dh wants me to call dc families and cancel for tomorrow. I think one family will be fine. The other family has a sick dcm, possibly strep throat. I think she'll want to drop off so she can rest which is what she has done this week. It has been fine, but now we are sick. Not because of her.

Kelly
only you know what you can handle...if you think you cant work, then don't.

I work all the time when I probably shouldn't...

honestly, if it were me and its just a cold, I would work throught it. especially since the holidays are next week.
Lorna 04:44 PM 12-18-2014
I would book the day off. if you are sick and 3 of your kids are sick you are better off closing. Take the friday off and relax for the weekend. No sense pushing it or you will end up sicker. Too close to christmas for that.
jenboo 04:46 PM 12-18-2014
Originally Posted by SquirrellyMama:

Kelly
How are you feeling?
SquirrellyMama 04:54 PM 12-18-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
How are you feeling?
Miserable, but I could handle tomorrow. My husband doesn't want to get sick. One dcb was not feeling 100% today, but nothing to exclude for.

I think he wants a 3 day weekend for us to recover. I have kids Monday and Tuesday next week. We head to a hotel Christmas Eve for a couple days, if we can be healthy.

I might talk with families at least.

Kelly
CraftyMom 05:38 PM 12-18-2014
If you're on the fence about it, tell the parents the situation and leave it up to them. Perhaps you'll end up with one or two less kids instead of a full house. Let them know that you and your kids are sick, tell them "it's up to you if you want to have your kids around the germs". Kind of puts them on a bit of a guilt trip Some will still send the kids anyway of course
jenboo 08:38 PM 12-18-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
If you're on the fence about it, tell the parents the situation and leave it up to them. Perhaps you'll end up with one or two less kids instead of a full house. Let them know that you and your kids are sick, tell them "it's up to you if you want to have your kids around the germs". Kind of puts them on a bit of a guilt trip Some will still send the kids anyway of course
Totally forgot to reply but I would do this
Reply Up