Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advertising On Halloween Night In Trick Or Treat Candy
daycare 08:20 PM 10-03-2011
Hi guys,
Several of you have suggest handing out my advertisement with trick or treat candy. I have a few ideas of how to add my little mini flier I made to the candy that will be handed out.

Can you share with me how you did it?
Thanks so much.
DaycareMama 08:29 PM 10-03-2011
I printed up labels and filled little zip lock baggies with a small chocolate and something healthy. Attached the label to the bag and done. I figured (A) moms would check the bags before kids ate it or (B) Moms would pick bag up off the floor after kids ate it.

If you want to do a mini flier what if you rolled it up like a little treasure map and tied it with black ribbon and put it in a little bag with gold coins?
daycare 08:31 PM 10-03-2011
Oh that's a great idea. Did you print the labels yourself?
DaycareMama 08:37 PM 10-03-2011
I did. Very quick and easy. I did a small pumpkin, my daycare name, address, phone number and a little blurb like " from our family to yours Happy Halloween"

Got the white labels from walmart and the ink I kept minimal choosing a little graphic.
mom2many 09:01 PM 10-03-2011
My spots are filled, but this is such an awesome idea! I must remember this!
Abigail 09:55 PM 10-03-2011
What is on your mini flyer? I'm just opening and I think come November I'll be available to quit my daycare job and do full time from home. I plan on making business cards on my own printer and handing them out in a bag with a piece of candy and either stickers or erasers or pencils, etc to avoid the high candy costs.

I was thinking of keeping it basic and having my daycare name on it with my daycare phone number and daycare email for contact. I don't want my address on it and when they call they can always ask for it. What else should I put on my business card?

I'll offer part time and full time for all ages opening early. I'm not sure how much I can place on a business card without it looking too small. Please share your ideas.
daycare 10:10 PM 10-03-2011
It's late here now. I'll send you the flier I created. Pm me your email address
You can tell me what's wrong with it... Lol
Gigi 12:17 AM 10-04-2011
The small map included is a great idea for trick or treating. Pretty sure the parents will open it when they sort through their goodies.

You may also want to include a "discount" or a free day, when they present the map for registering their kids too...
Kaddidle Care 04:49 AM 10-04-2011
That's a WONDERFUL idea! Thank you!
godiva83 05:11 AM 10-04-2011
Awesome idea!!
I am full- but it is still a great way to get your name out!!
You gals are just so clever
SilverSabre25 06:15 AM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
What is on your mini flyer? I'm just opening and I think come November I'll be available to quit my daycare job and do full time from home. I plan on making business cards on my own printer and handing them out in a bag with a piece of candy and either stickers or erasers or pencils, etc to avoid the high candy costs.

I was thinking of keeping it basic and having my daycare name on it with my daycare phone number and daycare email for contact. I don't want my address on it and when they call they can always ask for it. What else should I put on my business card?

I'll offer part time and full time for all ages opening early. I'm not sure how much I can place on a business card without it looking too small. Please share your ideas.
If you're not putting your address, how about your major landmarks (nearest major intersection, etc). On my CL ads I always put "Zip code, off of [major road 1] between [major highway 2] and [major road 3]" GRANTED, some yahoos STILL can't figure out where I am ("Are your north or south of [highway]?" "I'm between [highway and road], so south of [hwy] and north of [road]." "Okay. But are you north or south of [hwy]? What about [road]?")

Also--why don't you order cards from vistaprint? They're really cheap.
Springdaze 06:43 AM 10-04-2011
i would love to do that, but no one comes to our house! Maybe I could have a client or a friend put them in with their stuff if I buy the candy? HMMMMMMM>>>>>
Ariana 07:45 AM 10-04-2011
This is such a cool idea!! Does it actually work.
DaycareMama 08:57 AM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by Ariana:
This is such a cool idea!! Does it actually work.
I handed out 102 bags last year and enrolled 3 kids just from those
Tags:advertising, advertising on halloween, halloween
Reply Up