Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Table or High Chair
mamamanda 09:18 AM 07-05-2015
I'm starting a new 18mo. Should I start her out eating at the small kids table or in a high chair? What age do you switch kids to the table at?
Thriftylady 09:44 AM 07-05-2015
Boy that is tough. I would try her at the table but is she doesn't sit and eat move her to the high chair. I love having everyone together at meals as much as possible.
childcaremom 10:20 AM 07-05-2015
I switch mine to a booster seat at around that age.
Silly Songs 10:23 AM 07-05-2015
Definitely try the child sized table. Let her see the other kids eating there. Even if you have to put her in the high chair for meals, let her have snacks at the table. The more time she gets at the table the better she will be about sitting and eating .
Leigh 11:00 AM 07-05-2015
I would put them at the kids' table as soon as they are able to sit on the chair without tipping off. They enjoy it, they learn table manners from the other kids, they learn to eat what the other kids do. I just prefer them at the table.
jenboo 01:22 PM 07-05-2015
Definitely the table. I start them at a tiny infant table around 10-11 months.
Once they are tall enough, they move up to the bigger child size table.

It will take some training but definitely do able and worth it.
Unregistered 04:20 PM 07-05-2015
They do the small table here at that age too.
mamamanda 04:19 AM 07-06-2015
We just did the small table for breakfast and she did great! Thanks for the advice!
MommyMuffin 10:25 AM 07-06-2015
I move the child to a table seat when they are 2.

This is because they get distracted easily and will leave the table with food on their hands and will not eat as well as they do when in a high chair or booster with a tray. If I am busy cleaning up the meal prep and/or caring for an infant I cannot have the little one running about. I want to be able to clean them up thoroughly before they are finished.

I can tell them to stay at the table but it doesn't always work that way.
Play Care 10:42 AM 07-06-2015
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
I move the child to a table seat when they are 2.

This is because they get distracted easily and will leave the table with food on their hands and will not eat as well as they do when in a high chair or booster with a tray. If I am busy cleaning up the meal prep and/or caring for an infant I cannot have the little one running about. I want to be able to clean them up thoroughly before they are finished.

I can tell them to stay at the table but it doesn't always work that way.
This is my set up also. Heck, I've had some 3's in boosters still because they would not stay put
Tags:high chair, table, transitioning - high chair to chair
Reply Up