Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vent/parents don't get it!
mrs.meg 07:13 AM 05-28-2009
I am a little frustrated with the mother of the 2 boys that I watch. I am 37 weeks pregnant. I told her that beginning in June, I will be able to watch them only on the days that she works because usually I keep them all week and she pays me, but she works very sporadic schedules. She told me that she had put in to work 2 days a week the first 2 weeks of June. I said, "as long as I feel okay, I will keep the boys, but only 2 days. She comes in this week and tells me that she has put in to work 2 more days the 2nd week in June. I told her that I will be 39 weeks pregnant that week and will not be able to watch them 4 days. I have been planning and preparing for this time off since I was 6 weeks pregnant. She is grasping at straws and even keeps asking me if I am sure I only want to keep them on the days that she works. They are a handful, but that is not my fault, I don't know what I have to do to make her understand that I am getting ready to give birth and her boys are not exactly easy to watch. It seems that she doesn't ever think of what I am going through. She expects me to potty train her 2 year old and tells me that she doesn't have time to work with him for some reason or another every weekend. Who does that? I am 9 months pregnant and can't seem to get a break.

I am finding that in this business you about have to be a royal WITCH to get anything across to parents. Why can't people just get it?
thanks for letting me vent!
mac60 08:47 AM 05-28-2009
You will probably have to just get very firm with her. I dont know what else to tell you, as I worked up to the day....yes---24 hours, before I had my son with no problems. I guess I was just able to handle my pregnancies well, plus financially we needed me to work as I got no paid time off for maternity leave.

You may have to write her a letter telling her you are down to 2 days per week starting _____, and that ***xx will be your last day. Good luck.
Unregistered 01:02 PM 05-28-2009
I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I agree with the previous post...put it in writing. Are you taking her boys back after the baby is born? If so, you might want to remind her what your maternity leave plan is. If she's already trying to stick the kids on you more than agreed upon, it wouldn't surprise me if she tries to come back early.

Best of luck with labor and delivery! Hope it goes quickly DD is 8 months old, so I remember what those last few weeks were like. I was so uncomfortable. Hang in there!
sweetcinna 01:50 PM 05-28-2009
I too suggest that you give her a notice, letter of some sort. That way there is no miss communication and you can always refer to the letter if an issue comes up. I put ALL of my communication in writing and it has saved some me from pretty wicked issues in the past. Also by putting things in writing you really get the just of who is reading (caring) about what you have to say. For example: I had a parent who would ask me about every month if i plan to take a paid vacation...........If she would have read my contract she would have known this. So put everything in writing, it could save your A** later.
Reply Up