Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Intro
Danielle 07:33 PM 01-07-2011
I've been lurking just about all week and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a home childcare provider and mom in Virginia. I have 2 children; 3 year old son and 21 month old daughter. I care for a 7 month old (part time), 21 month old (part time), a 4 year old (full time) and will be having another 4 year old starting this month (also full time). It's a pretty exciting time for me right now. I've been in business for 2 years and I finally have all my spots filled. I don't run a typical daycare. If you walked into my house, you wouldn't know that's what I did. My daycare kids are like family and my home is their home away from home. The only part of my house that is "different" is my kitchen and that's b/c of all the preschool stuff. But I homeschool so even that's a normal part of our home. We go on playdates and story times often. I only care for one infant at a time b/c of the level of care I believe they deserve. It's a very common sight for me to be carrying a child in either my ring sling or one of the other wraps I own.
Michael 12:21 AM 01-08-2011
Originally Posted by Danielle:
I've been lurking just about all week and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a home childcare provider and mom in Virginia. I have 2 children; 3 year old son and 21 month old daughter. I care for a 7 month old (part time), 21 month old (part time), a 4 year old (full time) and will be having another 4 year old starting this month (also full time). It's a pretty exciting time for me right now. I've been in business for 2 years and I finally have all my spots filled. I don't run a typical daycare. If you walked into my house, you wouldn't know that's what I did. My daycare kids are like family and my home is their home away from home. The only part of my house that is "different" is my kitchen and that's b/c of all the preschool stuff. But I homeschool so even that's a normal part of our home. We go on playdates and story times often. I only care for one infant at a time b/c of the level of care I believe they deserve. It's a very common sight for me to be carrying a child in either my ring sling or one of the other wraps I own.
Welcome to the Forum Danielle!
DCMomOf3 04:17 AM 01-08-2011
hello! Nice to 'meet' you.
AnythingsPossible 07:16 AM 01-08-2011
Hello!! I too run my home as a home away from home for the kids I watch. I have at numerous times told parents at pickup-when joe got home from school today....they all appreciate that their children are a part of our family.
Tags:new member, virginia
Reply Up