Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This Job Would Be Great If It Wasn't For The Parents!!!
nannyde 05:40 AM 08-31-2014
http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...care+Whisperer

My sister and I have launched the first in a series I am writing called "Daycare Whisperer Doing Daycare"

The first installment is "This job would be great if it wasn't for the parents!!"

Please check it out and PLEASE share with friends and co-workers.

I mention Daycare.com many times in the book because it has had such a profound impact on my career. Thanks to Michael for all of his advice and mentoring to get this book on the virtual shelf.

Thanks also to the only two cats I like: Blackcat and Cathearder for EVERYTHING you have done to make this possible.
Josiegirl 07:13 AM 08-31-2014
Hey, how cool is that!! Is it going to book format at anytime? I don't do ebooks.
I love the cover photo!
nannyde 08:49 AM 08-31-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Hey, how cool is that!! Is it going to book format at anytime? I don't do ebooks.
I love the cover photo!
As soon as we work out all the kinks we will do a hardback!
mountainside13 09:34 AM 08-31-2014
Awesome, already reading it! You must be so excited!
BumbleBee 09:49 AM 08-31-2014
Originally Posted by nannyde:
As soon as we work out all the kinks we will do a hardback!
Awesome! I recently got rid of my smart phone so no e-books for me. Can't wait for the hardcover!
Josiegirl 10:00 AM 08-31-2014
Hmmm Christmas gifts for our daycare parents everyone??
You mentioned doing a series, how many books will there be? Or would you rather keep everything hush-hush(which I completely understand).
Do you ever travel and do workshops?
Wishing you the BEST of luck!!
nannyde 10:13 AM 08-31-2014
Hmmm Christmas gifts for our daycare parents everyone??
You mentioned doing a series, how many books will there be? Or would you rather keep everything hush-hush(which I completely understand).
Do you ever travel and do workshops?
Wishing you the BEST of luck!!
We have five on the table now. Two are about half done and one is done.

I don't do workshops but I do expert witness traveling
hope 01:09 PM 08-31-2014
Congratulations and best of luck! I just bought it.....now I have to figure out how to retrieve it. Hahaha. Can't wait to read it!
nannyde 02:22 PM 08-31-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
Congratulations and best of luck! I just bought it.....now I have to figure out how to retrieve it. Hahaha. Can't wait to read it!
THANK you so much.

It's selling really fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you like it.
Patches 02:49 PM 08-31-2014
Already bought it and can't wait to start reading it tonight. And by "start reading it" I mean probably reading the whole thing because I know I will be hooked.
nannyde 03:21 PM 08-31-2014
Originally Posted by Patches:
Already bought it and can't wait to start reading it tonight. And by "start reading it" I mean probably reading the whole thing because I know I will be hooked.
I just did a final edit on it. It helped to have a tablet to read it on. I think we found the paragraph errors we missed and a few repetitive words. It was about 65k words so it was a chore to micro correct it.

Thank you for purchasing it. We will have another one online in about a month.
KiddieCahoots 10:08 AM 09-01-2014
OMG!!! I cannot wait for the hardcover!

This is definitely going to be a MUST HAVE in providers personal library's.

Congratulations NannyDe!
daycarediva 11:05 AM 09-01-2014
Just bought it! Perfect PAID DAY OFF read!

Congrats NannyDe!
nannyde 11:15 AM 09-01-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Just bought it! Perfect PAID DAY OFF read!

Congrats NannyDe!
Bon apetit!
nannyde 11:17 AM 09-01-2014
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
OMG!!! I cannot wait for the hardcover!

This is definitely going to be a MUST HAVE in providers personal library's.

Congratulations NannyDe!
That takes a while but I will let you know. It is selling really fast. We are number 17 in Amazon's small business books and number 70 in parenting.

mls620 01:42 PM 09-01-2014
Congrats !!!
nannyde 02:20 PM 09-01-2014
Originally Posted by mls620:
Congrats !!!
Thanks! My sister and I are excited. If Michael agrees we will put excerpts in the blog.
preschoolteacher 05:25 AM 09-02-2014
I bought it! Can't wait to read more. The MyChild chapter was right on! Every new provider should read this...
nannyde 05:48 AM 09-02-2014
Originally Posted by preschoolteacher:
I bought it! Can't wait to read more. The MyChild chapter was right on! Every new provider should read this...
That's what I'm saying!

So far the MyChild and PASS sections are getting the most play.
melilley 06:13 AM 09-02-2014
That takes a while but I will let you know. It is selling really fast. We are number 17 in Amazon's small business books and number 70 in parenting.

Congratulations to you and your sister, what a big accomplishment to accompany all the other wonderful things that you do!
Maggie 06:52 AM 09-02-2014
Just bought it and can't wait until nap to start reading!
Josiegirl 09:47 AM 09-02-2014
Being completely ignorant of the publishing and book writing profession, how long does it take to get hardcovers out on the market? Umm, not that I'm in a hurry or anything like that....
nannyde 10:14 AM 09-02-2014
Being completely ignorant of the publishing and book writing profession, how long does it take to get hardcovers out on the market? Umm, not that I'm in a hurry or anything like that....
It takes a bit of time because you have to format it for the book. We only have the option of a paperback trade copy though Amazon. My editor is doing that now. We hope to have it submitted by Friday and then they send us a copy of it to approve. Once we approve then it can be offered. If the copy is good we will approve it within a week.
nannyde 10:14 AM 09-02-2014
Originally Posted by Maggie:
Just bought it and can't wait until nap to start reading!
Thank you so much.

If you could write a review when you are done we would really appreciate it.
DaveA 01:02 PM 09-02-2014
Just got it.
nannyde 01:22 PM 09-02-2014
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
Just got it.
Thank you SO much. If you have time, would you write a review? I'm BEGGING for reviews. True reviews of course.... any opinion is valuable to us.
Cat Herder 08:31 AM 09-03-2014

I bought it on the (free) kindle for pc app and am loving it. Tears, I tell you....

Will write a review when I complete it.
nannyde 08:54 AM 09-03-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

I bought it on the (free) kindle for pc app and am loving it. Tears, I tell you....

Will write a review when I complete it.
WHOOOT Thanks Cat

It should be on Barnes and Noble today. They had to verify my account at Podunk North Jesus bank. They aren't exactly speedy around here.

We are working on the print version too... and book two comes out in a month.
Cat Herder 09:21 AM 09-03-2014
WHOOOT Thanks Cat

It should be on Barnes and Noble today. They had to verify my account at Podunk North Jesus bank. They aren't exactly speedy around here.

We are working on the print version too... and book two comes out in a month.
Looking forward to it

btw.. this is one of my favorite Cats... I want this image on a welcome mat for the daycare.
Attached: grumpy-cat-2.jpeg (79.6 KB) 
nannyde 01:12 PM 09-04-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Looking forward to it

btw.. this is one of my favorite Cats... I want this image on a welcome mat for the daycare.
Thanks Cat

The book is now on Barnes and Noble (which was a NIGHTMARE!!!! to get up) The print version should be sent to the printer this week.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dayc...=2940150427556
hsdcmama 08:58 AM 09-05-2014
I just bought this, can't wait to read it. Right now dealing with parents is what is frustrating me the most, I am wondering how long I can keep this up without having health problems from all the stress.
nannyde 10:00 AM 09-05-2014
Originally Posted by hsdcmama:
I just bought this, can't wait to read it. Right now dealing with parents is what is frustrating me the most, I am wondering how long I can keep this up without having health problems from all the stress.
Thank you SO much. I know it will help. I would love ANY feedback you can give... whether good or bad... I want to hear it.

One of the unexpected things that have happened over the last five days since we published is hearing from providers who were daycare parents before starting daycare. They are able to see themselves as a parent and two have told me they are writing a letter to their former provider to tell them they are sorry and thank them.

That does an ole fat girls heart good...
KidGrind 07:02 AM 09-06-2014
I brought it with my husband’s help on my son’s iPad. I play digital dumb.

It is finished. It was an easy, humorous and really great read. I fell asleep on the Pig Pen Parent.

Bathe your child.
He/she is dirty, no clean = no stay.
nannyde 09:01 AM 09-06-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
I brought it with my husband’s help on my son’s iPad. I play digital dumb.

It is finished. It was an easy, humorous and really great read. I fell asleep on the Pig Pen Parent.

Bathe your child.
He/she is dirty, no clean = no stay.
Are you saying Pig Pen Parents was BORING???????????? Girl you are in some trouble.

Blackcat31 07:55 AM 09-08-2014
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Awesome! I recently got rid of my smart phone so no e-books for me. Can't wait for the hardcover!
You can read any e-book with out a Kindle or Nook.

Here is the app you can download onto your PC or smart phone so you can read the book without having an e-reader (such as Nook or Kindle)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000493771

Here is the link on "how to"

http://www.suzannebrockmann.com/book...orts/e-letter/

Hope that helps everyone who does not have an e-reader but wanting to read the book!
nannyde 08:33 AM 09-12-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You can read any e-book with out a Kindle or Nook.

Here is the app you can download onto your PC or smart phone so you can read the book without having an e-reader (such as Nook or Kindle)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000493771

Here is the link on "how to"

http://www.suzannebrockmann.com/book...orts/e-letter/

Hope that helps everyone who does not have an e-reader but wanting to read the book!
We are number TWO on Barnes and noble for Daycare books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can think of is Abby Miller saying "second place is the first looser"
littlepraises 01:59 PM 09-22-2014
Hi,
Congrats on your book. I don't have a Kindle. Once I buy it will I be able to print?
nannyde 03:02 PM 09-22-2014
Originally Posted by littlepraises:
Hi,
Congrats on your book. I don't have a Kindle. Once I buy it will I be able to print?
Hi there, it is coming out in print soon. I will let you guys know when we get it.
Unregistered 07:38 PM 11-06-2014
You would think an "author" would know correct grammar.

This job would be great if it WEREN'T for the parents.
Wednesday! 10:15 PM 11-06-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:

WRONG. Resident grammar Nazi right here. The word "wasn't" is singular (was not) and refers back to the word "job", also singular. You'd think someone who was going to call someone out on their grammar would be sure that they knew what they were talking about first.
nannyde 04:32 AM 11-07-2014

We struggled with that because I thought it was "weren't" also. Can you explain why you think it is "weren't"?
SquirrellyMama 05:20 AM 11-07-2014
We struggled with that because I thought it was "weren't" also. Can you explain why you think it is "weren't"?
I would think "weren't" would be the correct form to use. I was taught to use 'were' when using the word if, if the sentence expresses something that doesn't exist.

Ex. If I were a princess, ...

So, I think the title of the book is expressing a wish that doesn't exist. Unfortunately, the parents still exist

I don't always use it that way anymore since most people don't. Using were after an if sounds odd. I think your title is fine.

Kelly
Wednesday! 05:32 AM 11-07-2014
I started questioning myself after I posted, so I looked it up. Both are correct actually. But "wasn't" is the more commonly preferred word.
Wednesday! 05:35 AM 11-07-2014
Duplicate
Cradle2crayons 06:04 AM 11-07-2014
Actually.... This sentence has two subjects and two verbs...

Job... Would

And

It wasn't (was not)

My opinion is that if acts as a connector word like and and but thus making the sentence have two separate subject and verbs.

You wouldn't say it were not... It has to be it was not... Making it WASNT

Blackcat31 06:26 AM 11-07-2014

Seriously?

I get that you have a personal issue with the author but do you really need to log out every time you want to make a personal dig at her.

It's getting really old.
Wednesday! 06:54 AM 11-07-2014
Ahhhh the truth is revealed. A registered member just being hateful. And doing it wrong at the same time. I wish BC could just tell us who it is so we would know who's acting like a child.
Unregistered 09:04 AM 11-07-2014
Seriously?

I get that you have a personal issue with the author but do you really need to log out every time you want to make a personal dig at her.

It's getting really old.
First Unregistered post ever. (This one here being my 2nd). I think there must be someone else doing it?? (I haven't seen it, if there is) But it's not me.

That being cleared up, here is where I'm coming from on the grammar:

"Today's topic is the past subjunctive, or in terms you might recognize, when to use "I was" and when to use "I were."
Was Versus Were

Carrie from New Orleans asked me to help her understand whether she should say "I wish I were more perceptive" or "I wish I was more perceptive." It's a great question because it's something that a lot of people don't know.

Believe it or not, verbs have moods just like you do. Yes, before the Internet and before emoticons, somebody already thought it was important to communicate moods. So, like many other languages, English has verbs with moods ranging from commanding to questioning and beyond. The mood of the verb "to be" when you use the phrase "I were" is called the subjunctive mood, and you use it for times when you're talking about something that isn't true or you're being wishful.
When to Use Were

Carrie's example is an easy one to start with because her sentence starts with words "I wish"--I wish I were more perceptive--and that's about the biggest clue you can get that her sentence is wishful. Wishful sentences call for the subjunctive mood of the verb "to be," so the right choice is "I were": I wish I were more perceptive.

Here's another example to help you remember. Think of the song “If I Were a Rich Man,” from Fiddler on the Roof. When Tevye sings “If I were a rich man,” he is fantasizing about all the things he would do if he were rich. He's not rich, he's just imagining, so "If I were" is the correct statement. This time you've got a different clue at the beginning of the line: the word "if." Although it's not always the case, sentences that start with "if" are often also wishful or contrary to fact. Here are some examples:

If I were in charge, I would declare every Friday a holiday.

If he were nicer, I wouldn't hate him so much.

If the ladder were taller, we could reach the cat.

All those sentences use the verb "were" because they aren't true. I was just talking about things I wish would happen or talking about what would happen if things were different from what they actually are. I can't declare every Friday a holiday, he will never be nicer, and the ladder will never be taller. Also notice how in each of those sentences, the part that follows the subjunctive verb contains a word such as "would" or "could." I would declare a holiday. We could reach the cat. Those wishful words are also a clue that you might need the subjunctive mood."

From Grammar Girl

Thank you. And sorry for any ruffled feathers. This was blown up more than it needed to be.
Wednesday! 09:12 AM 11-07-2014
Because you WERE rude. And that is NOT an untrue statement. So the use of were is not always confined to untrue statements. The title of her book makes a statement. A TRUE statement. Making the use of the word was (wasn't actually) proper.
Blackcat31 09:32 AM 11-07-2014
First Unregistered post ever. (This one here being my 2nd). I think there must be someone else doing it?? (I haven't seen it, if there is) But it's not me.
I am crazy busy at the moment but will reply to your PM this afternoon.
KidGrind 12:09 PM 11-07-2014
I am crazy busy at the moment but will reply to your PM this afternoon.
You can PM if you’re unregistered?
nannyde 12:37 PM 11-07-2014

That being cleared up, here is where I'm coming from on the grammar:

"Today's topic is the past subjunctive, or in terms you might recognize, when to use "I was" and when to use "I were."
Was Versus Were

Carrie from New Orleans asked me to help her understand whether she should say "I wish I were more perceptive" or "I wish I was more perceptive." It's a great question because it's something that a lot of people don't know.

Believe it or not, verbs have moods just like you do. Yes, before the Internet and before emoticons, somebody already thought it was important to communicate moods. So, like many other languages, English has verbs with moods ranging from commanding to questioning and beyond. The mood of the verb "to be" when you use the phrase "I were" is called the subjunctive mood, and you use it for times when you're talking about something that isn't true or you're being wishful.
When to Use Were

Carrie's example is an easy one to start with because her sentence starts with words "I wish"--I wish I were more perceptive--and that's about the biggest clue you can get that her sentence is wishful. Wishful sentences call for the subjunctive mood of the verb "to be," so the right choice is "I were": I wish I were more perceptive.

Here's another example to help you remember. Think of the song “If I Were a Rich Man,” from Fiddler on the Roof. When Tevye sings “If I were a rich man,” he is fantasizing about all the things he would do if he were rich. He's not rich, he's just imagining, so "If I were" is the correct statement. This time you've got a different clue at the beginning of the line: the word "if." Although it's not always the case, sentences that start with "if" are often also wishful or contrary to fact. Here are some examples:

If I were in charge, I would declare every Friday a holiday.

If he were nicer, I wouldn't hate him so much.

If the ladder were taller, we could reach the cat.

All those sentences use the verb "were" because they aren't true. I was just talking about things I wish would happen or talking about what would happen if things were different from what they actually are. I can't declare every Friday a holiday, he will never be nicer, and the ladder will never be taller. Also notice how in each of those sentences, the part that follows the subjunctive verb contains a word such as "would" or "could." I would declare a holiday. We could reach the cat. Those wishful words are also a clue that you might need the subjunctive mood."

From Grammar Girl

Thank you. And sorry for any ruffled feathers. This was blown up more than it needed to be.
It wasn't blown out of proportion and this isn't your first unregistered post.

The example you gave doesn't make sense.

I'm making a true declaration that the job would be great if not for the dealings with the parents. That is not wishful.

I don't get how what you copied and pasted has anything to do with my true declaration.
Unregistered 01:09 PM 11-07-2014
It wasn't blown out of proportion and this isn't your first unregistered post.

The example you gave doesn't make sense.

I'm making a true declaration that the job would be great if not for the dealings with the parents. That is not wishful.

I don't get how what you copied and pasted has anything to do with my true declaration.
Never posted Unregistered. This post is only my 3rd ever. I'm actually hurt by the accusations. I'm fine if nobody agrees with the grammar correction. This is so sour and hurtful for me. I'm done being accused of terrible actions that I had no part in.
Wednesday! 01:52 PM 11-07-2014
Dramatic much?
Blackcat31 02:19 PM 11-07-2014
Seriously?

It's getting really old.
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
You can PM if you’re unregistered?
No, you cannot PM if you are an unregistered user
Country Kids 11:38 AM 11-10-2014
Recommended your book to a child psycologist I met over the weekend. Her specialty is giving classes to child care providers.

The two classes I took:Surviving Difficult Parents

To Time Out or Not

Awesome classes and I learned so, so, so, so, much!
nannyde 12:40 PM 11-11-2014
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Recommended your book to a child psycologist I met over the weekend. Her specialty is giving classes to child care providers.

The two classes I took:Surviving Difficult Parents

To Time Out or Not

Awesome classes and I learned so, so, so, so, much!
Why THANK you!
lblanke 06:56 PM 11-12-2014
In the interest of full disclosure, my undergraduate degree was in math, not English, but I would have selected WEREN'T because I seem to recall from 9th grade English class that WEREN'T is used in situations that are hypothetical or unknown. That being said, I saw that phrase multiple times in the post, and until all of the drama going back and forth about it, it certainly did not cause me any concern. I would hope that would not keep anyone who is interested from buying the book. The author is a content expert and is not trying to be a high school English teacher.
nannyde 08:50 PM 11-12-2014
Originally Posted by lblanke:
In the interest of full disclosure, my undergraduate degree was in math, not English, but I would have selected WEREN'T because I seem to recall from 9th grade English class that WEREN'T is used in situations that are hypothetical or unknown. That being said, I saw that phrase multiple times in the post, and until all of the drama going back and forth about it, it certainly did not cause me any concern. I would hope that would not keep anyone who is interested from buying the book. The author is a content expert and is not trying to be a high school English teacher.
Thank you for the respose.

I believe you are incorrect because the statement isn't hypothetical or wishful. It is the truth. This job would be great if it wasn't for the parents.

It is my opinion of the truth but I believe if you polled ten thousand providers who had five years of experience, they would cite parents as the impediment to their enjoyment of their job.
lblanke 09:40 PM 11-12-2014
The hypothetical or unknown refers to the subordinate clause...no parents...not the main clause your job would be great. The hypothetical is that you care for children with no parents. The fact that it is your truth that your job would be great is not the hypothetical part. Again, this is from a math major, not an English major, but this is the way I remember things from high school. However, language has become much more informal now, so maybe it is ok.
Annalee 09:43 AM 11-13-2014
Originally Posted by lblanke:
The hypothetical or unknown refers to the subordinate clause...no parents...not the main clause your job would be great. The hypothetical is that you care for children with no parents. The fact that it is your truth that your job would be great is not the hypothetical part. Again, this is from a math major, not an English major, but this is the way I remember things from high school. However, language has become much more informal now, so maybe it is ok.
I have not been on this forum very long, nor do I know nannyde that well, but Nannyde has written a book that providers may relate to, use for guidance, or simply enjoy reading...Either way, what is the big deal about the grammar she chose to use????? just let it go!
NoMoreJuice! 11:49 AM 11-19-2014
Sorry, didn't read through, just want to rant under this subject heading. My lingering dcm that I've been gritching about has finally made me hit my limit.

Yesterday, Grandma dropped off and half of my kiddos were in preschool, the other half were downstairs playing. Dcg was bawling, so Grandma was going to take her in the classroom and disrupt preschool so dcg could play with her friend. UM, NO. She held her for a good long time until I finally forced her to go, and she seemed rather miffed. I texted dcm ten minutes later while dcg was happily playing with her friends and all was well.

This morning, she sent me a four page text about how I broke my promise to her little girl because we didn't go on our normal Tuesday outing to our local children's museum, and the only reason dcg(3) would get in the car to come to daycare that day is because she(mom) promised she could go there. Apparently dcg cried all night because she didn't get to go to the museum. (We do try to go every Tuesday, but preschool ran late and we had a lot going on, so sometimes we just don't make it. No other children have an issue with this).

Today when I got that horrid message from her, I was ready to term, but I asked her to please come in Thursday morning for a meeting. I intended to address the museum issue, as well as the lingering/crying issue. She basically told me no, and that if I had any issues I needed to call her because she was too busy to come all the way here. (She is unemployed).
I told her I would rather discuss things in person, and invited her to a wide range of hours that I could sit and discuss things with her. She responded by accusing another dck of bullying her daughter, and said dcg's father (divorced) wants to be in on the meeting, so she asked to set it after my normal hours, Friday evening at 6.

I haven't written her back. What would you do/say? She only comes on Tuesdays & Thursdays, so tomorrow morning is going to be super awkward if we set a meeting for Friday and she wants to confront me anyway in the morning. I'm leaning towards just handing her the term letter and telling her we have no need for a meeting at this point. Grr.
Blackcat31 12:28 PM 11-19-2014
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
Sorry, didn't read through, just want to rant under this subject heading. My lingering dcm that I've been gritching about has finally made me hit my limit.

Yesterday, Grandma dropped off and half of my kiddos were in preschool, the other half were downstairs playing. Dcg was bawling, so Grandma was going to take her in the classroom and disrupt preschool so dcg could play with her friend. UM, NO. She held her for a good long time until I finally forced her to go, and she seemed rather miffed. I texted dcm ten minutes later while dcg was happily playing with her friends and all was well.

This morning, she sent me a four page text about how I broke my promise to her little girl because we didn't go on our normal Tuesday outing to our local children's museum, and the only reason dcg(3) would get in the car to come to daycare that day is because she(mom) promised she could go there. Apparently dcg cried all night because she didn't get to go to the museum. (We do try to go every Tuesday, but preschool ran late and we had a lot going on, so sometimes we just don't make it. No other children have an issue with this).

Today when I got that horrid message from her, I was ready to term, but I asked her to please come in Thursday morning for a meeting. I intended to address the museum issue, as well as the lingering/crying issue. She basically told me no, and that if I had any issues I needed to call her because she was too busy to come all the way here. (She is unemployed).
I told her I would rather discuss things in person, and invited her to a wide range of hours that I could sit and discuss things with her. She responded by accusing another dck of bullying her daughter, and said dcg's father (divorced) wants to be in on the meeting, so she asked to set it after my normal hours, Friday evening at 6.

I haven't written her back. What would you do/say? She only comes on Tuesdays & Thursdays, so tomorrow morning is going to be super awkward if we set a meeting for Friday and she wants to confront me anyway in the morning. I'm leaning towards just handing her the term letter and telling her we have no need for a meeting at this point. Grr.

Sounds to me like someone thinks they run your business.

NO flipping way would I be okay with being spoken to or treated that way! Unless DCG pays your salary SHE does NOT get to dictate your day and what activities you participate in.

Honestly, if you can afford to, I'd term. This mom needs a good old dose of "NO!"
NoMoreJuice! 01:30 PM 11-19-2014

This mom needs a good old dose of "NO!"
Yep! That's what she's getting in the morning. Already have the letter printed. A huge weight has already been lifted off my shoulders, can't wait to feel what it's like to never see this crazy woman again! I've been annoyed by her for over a year, but she's just started to get super bossy and rude. Time to stop it before it gets worse.

Happy dance!
Josiegirl 02:51 AM 11-21-2014
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I have not been on this forum very long, nor do I know nannyde that well, but Nannyde has written a book that providers may relate to, use for guidance, or simply enjoy reading...Either way, what is the big deal about the grammar she chose to use????? just let it go!
Here here! Or is it hear hear! Who cares.
I agree with this post.
If I had read this book before finding this board, I would've thought Nannyde to be overly dramatic with her descriptions of dcparents. But after seeing posts on this forum talking about what crazies there are out there her book is spot on and advises you how to cope with them too.
I, for one, cannot wait for #2 book to be released!

I just want to add that the way she talks shows how much the children in her care are adored and well cared for. It's the parents, who are adults and should 'know better' that we all have to deal with. This book is realistic and informative and I might add extremely helpful, if you are blessed(cursed) with any of these kinds of parents.
Unregistered 11:27 AM 02-09-2015
can't wait to read it! I just bought this book it should arrive tomorrow I am so excited to read this.
Laura5287 08:51 AM 03-20-2015
Bought the e book a couple days ago and have been reading it whenever I get down time. Love it.
Tags:e-books, kindle for pc, unreasonable parental expectations
Reply Up