Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Website
seashell 08:16 AM 06-19-2009
I've just updated my website and I was looking for some critiques to make imporvements. Typos would be great! Thanks!

www.gigglepatchdaycare.com
mac60 09:10 AM 06-19-2009
Looks good. One thing I didn't see was a rate page. I know if I was a parent I would want to know.
Former Teacher 10:07 AM 06-19-2009
It is a very cheerful website! I love the fact that you have put your forms on it and your handbook. However I have to agree and disagree with Mac. Yes as a parent I would want to know what your rates are since that is the very first question that is always asked. However I don't agree because you do want to make rates competitive. If someone wants to know your rates bad enough, they can call

So in my opinion you did a great job!
seashell 12:31 PM 06-19-2009
The rates are listed under tuition in the registration area. Since you both had trouble finding it, I will figure out how to make it more prominant. Thanks for the help!
mac60 12:54 PM 06-19-2009
I know, sometimes it is good to put rates, and sometimes there are reasons we wouldn't want to. You have done a very nice job with it. I wish I knew how to do one.
tymaboy 01:30 PM 06-19-2009
I did not have a problem finding your rates. I have all my info on my site too. Then people who are serious about care will call.
Chickenhauler 02:46 AM 06-20-2009
FYI, CYA....

I see you have pics of kids on there- (if these aren't your own children) did you get permission from the parents to publish them on the web?

Some people get really touchy about their kids pics being published for all the world to see and then the address of where those children can be found.

Although you may not have your physical location listed on your website, with a few clicks, it's not hard to pinpoint it.
seashell 08:44 AM 06-22-2009
Originally Posted by Chickenhauler:
FYI, CYA....

I see you have pics of kids on there- (if these aren't your own children) did you get permission from the parents to publish them on the web?

Some people get really touchy about their kids pics being published for all the world to see and then the address of where those children can be found.

Although you may not have your physical location listed on your website, with a few clicks, it's not hard to pinpoint it.
My parents sign a permission agreement which allows for their photos on the site.

How were you able to figure out our location? I don't want that published for secuity reasons. Thanks!
netfiltering 02:39 PM 07-02-2009
I think it's great that you keep the site as being very visual, like a flier for each page. The colors are lively, but I would suggest having little less contrast, with the bright green for example, because it makes it harder to read. Also, if you can get the colored boxes to be large enough so that the text does not spill out of them, that would also make it easier to read. But maybe I'm only seeing that on my computer, which formats webpages differently. Does anyone else notice that on their computers?
mac60 02:59 AM 07-03-2009
Maybe there was some way he found what town thru your ip addy, I don't know for sure.
mac60 04:54 AM 07-03-2009
Overall you have a very nice site.
Chickenhauler 12:19 PM 07-05-2009
Originally Posted by mac60:
Maybe there was some way he found what town thru your ip addy, I don't know for sure.
I showed Seashell via PM how I did it.

IP's are not constant like a house number, but "floating", assigned by the service provider when you log onto the 'net. You can log off, then log back in, and your IP is different. An IP will give you a general idea of location, as long as there isn't masking or trickery involved....but that's another story for another day.

That, and I believe that only admins can see IP addresses on this (and most every other) forum.
Michael 01:21 PM 07-05-2009
Although we should always be aware of protecting our children, the internet is no more a factor then in real life. IP locators are very general and only give area locations like Boston or Miami. gigglepatchdaycare.com, like all domain names, has an IP attributed to it but that only relates to where the site is hosted and not the actual daycare address. There is nothing to worry about in relation to an IP. An IP helps us to block unwanted spam from a country or specific computer.
Unregistered 04:46 PM 08-15-2009
add info about your staff and specific age groups. describe the infant program, toddler, etc. maybe add a field for employment opps. curriculum, goals, more about environment, special programs and developmentally appropriate practice.
Tags:website review
Reply Up