Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Layout
GotKids 05:48 PM 05-29-2011
I am trying to arrange my childcare so the areas make sense and flow nicely. I am worried though it looks a little cramped. Can you guys take a look and offer some suggestions/opinions?
Thank You!
https://picasaweb.google.com/Roni.K.Wright/DaycareRoom#
Kaddidle Care 07:00 PM 05-29-2011
I have no idea what would work best but I love it! Can I come over and play?
broncomom1973 07:13 PM 05-29-2011
I think it looks great!! I love the monkey napmats, so cute. My oldest dd is sitting here with me and she just said "I wish your daycare looked like that" to me. Good job.
sharlan 07:35 PM 05-29-2011
I like your layout, too.
sahm1225 07:38 PM 05-29-2011
your set it is beautiful!

What is the age group that you have? Is this a picture of your day to day? It depends on your age group and the kids that you have.

I'm a big fan of open spaces, so I would put away alot of the toys that you have on the floor. If you could, I would move your little piano by your big piano or by your reading/book station. I would also move your little tables and put them against the wall with your wall organizer (the one that looks like a giant bookshelf with toys- I LOVE the way you have that set up by the way!)

Good luck! I get bored of my set up and keep rearranging it every few months too, so go for it and move things around

Oh, and by the way you have a beautiful home!
WImom 07:56 PM 05-29-2011
Looks great. Where did you get that adorable reading nook tent?
cheerfuldom 08:17 PM 05-29-2011
I really like it too! I think I might put away some of those toys though and rotate them in and out just so the kids don't have toy overload (and a mess to clean up) and also, the toys stay new and exciting because they don't see them all, all the time. Just a thought. Really great set up though!
littlemissmuffet 12:10 PM 05-30-2011
Gorgeous! I love it, it looks great and personally I wouldn't change a thing (we have almost ALL of the same toys and a similar set up)! Super great job!!
GotKids 02:57 PM 05-30-2011
I will defiantly take your suggestions to heart. And to the person asking about the reading nook, it is circo brand (target) but I got it used for $5 off craigslist, all most everything I use in for my crew is from there. It has saved me a ton getting started.
Abigail 03:27 PM 05-30-2011
Do you have mostly infants? I would remove a lot of the toys that are on the floor. You should move one of the brown square tables over to the kitchen area and put a "table cloth" and a center piece like fake flowers on it so the preschoolers can do dramatic play more. I would add a few small pillows into your reading area for inside the tent. I would hang up pictures, like medium sized posters of children's faces, especially in the infant area. Black/white or high contrast simple pictures are best. You should also have a bulletin board or somewhere to hang up art projects. Do you have a separate space for your daycare or just a lot of dedicated space? Your home is amazing!
nannyde 03:53 PM 05-30-2011
Originally Posted by GotKids:
I am trying to arrange my childcare so the areas make sense and flow nicely. I am worried though it looks a little cramped. Can you guys take a look and offer some suggestions/opinions?
Thank You!
https://picasaweb.google.com/Roni.K.Wright/DaycareRoom#
That tall yellow car thingy with all the doors is way cool. I've never seen that before. What is the name of that.
Abigail 05:08 PM 05-30-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
That tall yellow car thingy with all the doors is way cool. I've never seen that before. What is the name of that.
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?...t=littlepeople
GotKids 06:28 PM 05-30-2011
thank you guys. This is the main level of my house the infant and preschool side were the formal dinning and living rooms. The area with the adult piano and little tables is the regular living room.

I am on the hunt for some posters and such to add to the infant area. Right now I have toddlers who are just starting to venture into the preschool side of the room. There are a few more things I want for that side.

The car toy is from fisher price and it was on clearance for 15 at our walmart. recently
Tags:layout
Reply Up