Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Your Funniest Stories From The Week
SilverSabre25 04:43 AM 02-11-2011
It's Friday, it's been a long week for most of us I'm sure, lets get some giggles from sharing some of the things that made us laugh this week!

I'll start:

Yesterday, DD (3 yo) sat down to "read" Pinkalicious to herself. DCB (2.5 yo) sat down beside her and was looking at the pictures while DD recited the book with her usual accuracy (which is very impressive). DCB spotted the page where Pinkalicious throws a fit about not getting another cupcake--there's a train track in the background. He must have been overwhelmed with all the pink in the book because he got SO EXCITED about the "train on the track! train on the track!" and was jumping up and down, pointing, screaming with joy, over the moon THRILLED about the picture of the train on the track. After I settled the fight between him and DD because DD was ready to move on to the next page and DCB just wanted to stare lovingly at the train, and DD finished the book, DCB grabbed it and sat for about five or ten minutes just gazing in awe at the "train on the track".

This morning the first thing he asked for when he got here was the "Train on the track book!" and he and DD keep arguing about whether the book is about trains or cupcakes.
juliebug 04:48 AM 02-11-2011
mine was when we were out eating lunch she looks at while drinking her drink and ask "is this wine??" um nooo??? it was fruit punch. well i know what mom or dad like to drink.
Little People 05:12 AM 02-11-2011
We were sitting at the tables and talking about the weather and 3 year old DCG said "look, look, it's sleepin outside"! I said what? She said it's sleepin outside, it's sleepin outside. I told her I did not understand what she was saying. She said "I see it!! it's sleepin outside!! Then I said do you mean it's sleeting outside and she said that's what I said
Cat Herder 05:17 AM 02-11-2011
Me: "What time are you doing your morning feedings?"

DCM: "Why?"

Me: "Well, I have noticed a pattern that "little one*" is really hungry in the mornings less than 10 miutes after he gets here. I really need to have at least an half hour to feed the rest of the group, including your daughter, breakfast before I can hold baby for bottle time."

DCM: "But I thought you were supposed to be feeding him breakfast!"

He is 5 weeks old.
DCMomOf3 05:17 AM 02-11-2011
my funniest is still my DS waking up from nap saying DCGs name which woke DCG up long enough to say "What?" before they both fell back asleep.
Little People 05:27 AM 02-11-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Me: "What time are you doing your morning feedings?"

DCM: "Why?"

Me: "Well, I have noticed a pattern that "little one*" is really hungry in the mornings less than 10 miutes after he gets here. I really need to have at least an half hour to feed the rest of the group, including your daughter, breakfast before I can hold baby for bottle time."

DCM: "But I thought you were supposed to be feeding him breakfast!"

He is 5 weeks old.
This is too funny!!
Zoe 05:33 AM 02-11-2011
I had a play tent and a play castle up all week for the kids to play in and I decided to have circle time in the play castle yesterday. We were a little squished but it worked even with me in there.

Well my 50 lb. lab mix decided she wanted in there too, and kept poking her head in the "door" which was where I was sitting and proceeded to lick my face uncontrollably! I couldn't get away due to the crammed castle situation! I felt a little like the animals from "The Mitten"!

After the lab mix left, the Pomeranian jumped in through the "window" and laid down in the middle of the circle. Guess the dogs wanted to be included yesterday!
missnikki 06:21 AM 02-11-2011
I had one little girl (5 yo) that asked to use the bathroom. I said "Of course". She goes in, shuts the door, and after about a minute, I hear whistling. Then a little louder, humming. Then she belts out singing, "ALL the LIVE long DAYYYY." So cute. After washing her hands, she comes out as though nothing happened and went straight back to the Tea Party.
melskids 06:50 AM 02-11-2011
the other day i was bent over doing something, and 2 yr old dcb was trying to get passed me.

this child hardly ever talks, let alone full sentences.

he said "Miss M...move over. your butt is too big"

i about died
SilverSabre25 06:53 AM 02-11-2011
These are great!! Thanks everyone!
countrymom 07:01 AM 02-11-2011
dcb told me that he has lions in his closet and needs to feed them
elle73 07:58 AM 02-11-2011
I had dcg girl say your my mommy and I said oh that's nice but I'm not your mommy and she said well that's not what my mommy says, she says when I'm with you your my mommy and she gave me a big hug. I was all giddy after that lol. I told mom what she said and dcm said that she told dcg when she is with me she has to listen to me just like she listens to mommy lol.
Childminder 08:06 AM 02-11-2011
New baby recently has entered our lives and dcg3 keeps telling everyone that baby 'J' has got out of dcg2's (sister) mama tummy.

Same dcg3 keeps singing "I'm a little teacup short and tall, here is my hands and here is my shorts..."
dEHmom 08:07 AM 02-11-2011
Well....

2 little boys were playing quietly in the room....

Because they weren't fighting and I was doing dishes I decided to let them be for a few minutes while I finished up.

Then I snuck to the room, cracked the door open a bit, and they both JUMPED!

I looked at what they had, they had taken my daughters barbies, took the shirts off, and were enjoying the boobies.

They had the funniest looks on their faces, and tried to put the shirts back on FAST.

I told hubby and he was quite proud of the boys, however, I was sort of stunned, and didn't know what to do, so I told them to dress the barbies back up, and please don't undress them like that again.
nikia 08:20 AM 02-11-2011
Little girl 3 saw the sun streaming thru the windows yesterday and said miss n the sun is alive!!!!!!! We haven't seen the sun for awhile lol. I thought it was cute.
missnikki 08:24 AM 02-11-2011
These are tooo cute! Keep 'em coming- it's the BEST part of the job!
Blackcat31 08:34 AM 02-11-2011
This morning, one of my littles (age 10 months) got under the table and hit the test button on my Carbon Monoxide detector.... it set off a loud beeping noise like the smoke detectors have and I hear from the other room...

"Oh, it must be lunch time....I think C****(me) is cooking!"
countrymom 08:47 AM 02-11-2011
I just had a dcg go to the bathroom and sang twinkle twinkle little star.
newtodaycare22 09:45 AM 02-11-2011
Yesterday, Sue and Bob "Got married". (3 year olds).

Today....

Sue: I'm going to get married.
Allison: To who?
Sue: To Bob!
Allison: Bob, do you want to marry Sue?
Bob: No, I want to cut her into pieces.

hahaha I guess the marriage went down the drain quick.
marniewon 10:23 AM 02-11-2011
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
Yesterday, Sue and Bob "Got married". (3 year olds).

Today....

Sue: I'm going to get married.
Allison: To who?
Sue: To Bob!
Allison: Bob, do you want to marry Sue?
Bob: No, I want to cut her into pieces.

hahaha I guess the marriage went down the drain quick.
LOL! I guess that would put a damper on the marriage quite quickly!

I have a new 2yo dcb (started Wednesday). He's really taken with my 14yo ds. DS's bedroom is upstairs, and the door to the upstairs is off of the living room. I opened the door this morning to yell up to DS to get up, and both 2yo dcb's came running over and started yelling for him too. Even the new one, who chatters a lot, but I can't really understand him yet, sounded a lot like he was yelling ds's name!

Another one: 2yo dcb flopped himself on the floor (not tantrum, just playing) and new dcb started laughing, so first dcb kept doing it. New dcb smiles a lot here, but this is the first time I've heard a belly-laugh from him!

And here's just a sweet one: new dcb was getting tired and he started crying. Other dcb went over to him and squatted down to his level and started patting his head, saying: It's okay. Over and over again. Then when dcg (8 mo) was in the exersaucer and started fussing, same dcb went over and started playing peek a boo with her until she was laughing.

All of this happened today. Needless to say, this has been one of the best Fridays in a while!
laundrymom 10:34 AM 02-11-2011
Im loving this thread!!!!my funny of the day isnt a funny but a brag!!! I have a boy 3 next july, who had hearing issues until he had tubes last spring. today he sayd KITTY CAT!!!!!!! he has never said the K K K sound its always titty tat, or tuptate,.... he said the K sound!!!! I cried!!!
Missani 11:18 AM 02-11-2011
I posted this on another thread, but I'll do it again.

2 dcks (4 yr old boys) were playing while I was feeding the babies breakfast. My back was turned to them, but I heard them talk about "getting shot." I was about to end that talk when I realized they had the syringe from the doctor kit and were giving toys "shots."

After they had had their shots, the toys "were shotted," but before that they "were getting shot." Makes sense! Cute and innocent!
Childminder 11:45 AM 02-11-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Im loving this thread!!!!my funny of the day isnt a funny but a brag!!! I have a boy 3 next july, who had hearing issues until he had tubes last spring. today he sayd KITTY CAT!!!!!!! he has never said the K K K sound its always titty tat, or tuptate,.... he said the K sound!!!! I cried!!!
Dgd3 told a dcm that her "Damma(me) has two black titties and dampa(my ex) has one." Dcm almost peed her pants laughing so hard. Btw, I have two black cats..
Missani 11:50 AM 02-11-2011
Originally Posted by Childminder:
Dgd3 told a dcm that her "Damma(me) has two black titties and dampa(my ex) has one." Dcm almost peed her pants laughing so hard. Btw, I have two black cats..
Okay, this reminded me about a story of my kids. Not dck (my own) and not this week (last summer) but still a good one.

My DS (3.5 at the time) was in a store with me and he and his brother were behaving really well. It was taking longer than expected, so when they got to a display of little Toy Story figurines he asked if he could have one. I said that he could and to pick one up for his brother (15 months at the time) as well. He did, and we continued on in the store with each of them holding their new toys.

The next thing I know, DS 3 YELLS at the top of his lungs, "Mom! I got my first Woody! And *brother's* got a BUZZ!" I guess I never knew they had dirty names before, but he couldn't have used better wording!
Blackcat31 12:10 PM 02-11-2011
Okay, I just had a 3 yr old boy get picked up and while his mom was filling out next weeks schedule he says "Momma, can I go through the sprinkler when we get home?"
....Umm, we are in MN and it is just creeping up above zero today!
Lucy 12:33 PM 02-11-2011
"funny" ??

When 8:00 rolled around Monday morning and I realized I had been stood up for my new kid who was to start that day. I had drawn up all her paperwork, labeled her cubby, and ordered Preschool curriculum for her. Besides briefing all the current kids that "a new girl named L is going to start today... she's four years old and we're going to be helpful to her while she's new, ok?" And then she doesn't show.

So ya, that was hilarious.

(sorry--- sarcasm. I was livid! Glad it's Friday!)
ninosqueridos 03:23 PM 02-11-2011
celebrated dcb's birthday this week....and when I got the cupcakes out, my other 2.5yo dcb says, "Miss X, did you forget the lightning?" (matches)
Unregistered 06:42 PM 02-12-2011
This isn't something that happened recently but years ago...I had one of my little daycare girls in town with me and she had to use the washroom so we went in the handicapped one so that I could go in with her to assist. I decided I'd better go too since we were there and when I pulled my jeans down she noticed I had on black underwear...in a very loud voice (for such a small girl!) , she said "Karen! Are you going out on a date???!"

Needless to say, there weren't any other voices in the washroom for a fews seconds ..until a couple of ladies burst out laughing...LOL!
GretasLittleFriends 05:15 PM 02-13-2011
A couple of weeks ago, I had my set of drop-in boys. Dad dropped them off to go get his taxes done. It was nearing the time that the dad should be coming soon. Conversation went like this...

Child: "How long are me and brother going to be here?"
Me: "Your dad should be here soon."
Child: "Nuhuh, my dad is going to be gone for a long time, he's going to Texas" Me: "No, your dad was going to (nearby town) to get his TAXES done.

Dad was here within a half hour.
GretasLittleFriends 05:18 PM 02-13-2011
Yesterday my parents gave our 9mo dd a very cute outfit for Valentine's Day. It's 3 pieces, black pants, white long sleeve tshirt, and a pink fluffy cardigan.

DD wore this to church today. DS (6) asked me if dd's outer shirt was made of real fur. I said no. He said, "Oh, it's made with stuffed animal fur." Um, yeah, ok.
Tags:funny, tgif
Reply Up