Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does This Happen To You Guys Too?!
Zoe 08:49 AM 07-29-2011
You might recall me venting about a literal crazy person calling at 6 in the morning a while ago trying to sell me a book and talking about her son's wedding.

Well this morning at 6:30 I get woken up to a legitimate call from a dad wanting care for his infant. Seriously?!? I know most of us are up that early anyway but I wasn't! And honestly, I've always thought it was a universal common courtesy to not call someone before 8am.

Does this happen to any of you? Am I the only one getting crazy early calls when I'm sleeping?!? Or is it something I'm going to have to get used to?

BTW, this guy ended the conversation with "we'll keep you in mind." Grrr. Plus he wanted to test out a new provider while his current one was on vacation. Don't think I'll be taking someone who would be that sneaky anyway.
familyschoolcare 08:51 AM 07-29-2011
That is why I only use my cell number for business. I leave it in the living room until I am ready for the day.
daycare 08:57 AM 07-29-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
You might recall me venting about a literal crazy person calling at 6 in the morning a while ago trying to sell me a book and talking about her son's wedding.

Well this morning at 6:30 I get woken up to a legitimate call from a dad wanting care for his infant. Seriously?!? I know most of us are up that early anyway but I wasn't! And honestly, I've always thought it was a universal common courtesy to not call someone before 8am.

Does this happen to any of you? Am I the only one getting crazy early calls when I'm sleeping?!? Or is it something I'm going to have to get used to?

BTW, this guy ended the conversation with "we'll keep you in mind." Grrr. Plus he wanted to test out a new provider while his current one was on vacation. Don't think I'll be taking someone who would be that sneaky anyway.
I think that it depends on your ads. When I started years ago, I used to do 2nd shift becuse my husband worked nights at the hospital. I watched a lot of kids of nurses and doctors. Anyway, I would get calls at 10p and once even at 1am looking for drop in care. I did have ads out every where that advertised my hours from 9pm to 7am, so I felt that it was normal..... But dare not call me that time on the weekend...lol
Zoe 09:03 AM 07-29-2011
I don't have my hours listed on my ad. I think they're just assuming that I'm up anyway. But I've been doing second shift as well as first and yes, I slept in today. Had a hard time getting back to sleep after that call though!
daycare 09:48 AM 07-29-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
I don't have my hours listed on my ad. I think they're just assuming that I'm up anyway. But I've been doing second shift as well as first and yes, I slept in today. Had a hard time getting back to sleep after that call though!
oh well then that stinks.....lol I have been right with you... I woke up at 2am because I got to hot while sleeping then started watching a movie on netflix....well I never went back to bed... Thank god I only have one kid today... I have one more week of low DCK numbers and then its back to school for all of us....So I won't be playing online as much..........................

Maybe you should unplug the phone until you open? Or turn off the ringer...
Zoe 09:51 AM 07-29-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
oh well then that stinks.....lol I have been right with you... I woke up at 2am because I got to hot while sleeping then started watching a movie on netflix....well I never went back to bed... Thank god I only have one kid today... I have one more week of low DCK numbers and then its back to school for all of us....So I won't be playing online as much..........................

Maybe you should unplug the phone until you open? Or turn off the ringer...
Netflix can suck you in very easily! I have no kids today so I took advantage! I suppose I could turn the ringer off of the phone. I'm worried that if there was an emergency I wouldn't be able to answer. But I guess that's what my cell phone is for. I'm a paranoid person can ya tell?!?
Crazy8 09:52 AM 07-29-2011
a prospective new client called that early???? There would be no interview in their future.

I have had current families call me that early to tell me they aren't coming or something like that. I tell them to call so I can't complain but at the same time I hate if the call comes while I'm in the shower or something and it wakes up my entire house - especially in the summer!!!
Zoe 10:08 AM 07-29-2011
I'm FINE with my current clients calling or texting me that early because they have the right to tell me a kiddo is sick or whatever. But anyone else gets a cranky girl!
Meeko 11:43 AM 07-29-2011
I've had a few late night ones over the years. Not sure how someone thinks 11PM at night is OK.......
MG&Lsmom 05:08 PM 07-29-2011
Yikes! My website says specifically that phone calls are accepted only between the hours of 7am-7pm. And I'll return their call as promptly as I can because my priority is to the children in my care.
sharlan 05:28 PM 07-29-2011
Not a potential client, but some guy called my house 32 times, leaving 17 messages on Monday. He wanted to pay a traffic ticket. My voicemail states "This is not the ***x courthouse, this is a private number. Do not leave messages for the courthouse."
Tags:early call, potential client
Reply Up