Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Getting My Groove Back
MsMe 08:29 PM 06-19-2012
Hi ladies!!

I posted a few weeks ago about the stress I was under to find new DCKs and little personal stress. I am happy to report one new boy started three weeks ago and it is working out perfect! I have another boy starting on Monday!! I will still be low for Summer but I am going to be full again in the Fall. It feels great to get this stress off of my shoulders as my family drama has only gotten worse. I chose to (at least professionaly) only focus on what I can control. Getting new kids really refreshes my daycare focus and we are taking TONS of trips to the parks and library!! I stopped in Dollar Tree tonight and loaded up on some new crafts bc the weather is going to stay WAY HOT and we have a few birthdays to celebrate! !

I am coming out of a long period of burnout and am so happy to be back to enjoying my job!!!!!! I think soem of it has to do with doing interviews. I show everyone around showing off my great daycare home, talk about my daycare and education views and values, meet ne little ones who are excited to see all I ahve to offer them. It also doesn;t hurt when the new families LOVE the daycare and are just beside themsleves to sign up and praise you so much. Yep, I love a good pat on the back every once and a while.
Blackcat31 07:10 AM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by MsMe:
Hi ladies!!

I posted a few weeks ago about the stress I was under to find new DCKs and little personal stress. I am happy to report one new boy started three weeks ago and it is working out perfect! I have another boy starting on Monday!! I will still be low for Summer but I am going to be full again in the Fall. It feels great to get this stress off of my shoulders as my family drama has only gotten worse. I chose to (at least professionaly) only focus on what I can control. Getting new kids really refreshes my daycare focus and we are taking TONS of trips to the parks and library!! I stopped in Dollar Tree tonight and loaded up on some new crafts bc the weather is going to stay WAY HOT and we have a few birthdays to celebrate! !

I am coming out of a long period of burnout and am so happy to be back to enjoying my job!!!!!! I think soem of it has to do with doing interviews. I show everyone around showing off my great daycare home, talk about my daycare and education views and values, meet ne little ones who are excited to see all I ahve to offer them. It also doesn;t hurt when the new families LOVE the daycare and are just beside themsleves to sign up and praise you so much. Yep, I love a good pat on the back every once and a while.
Wonderful news that things are looking up! Very happy to hear it! YOU deserve a pat on the back!!!
MsMe 07:06 AM 06-21-2012
Thank you so much Blackcat!! I always love your kind words.
Countrygal 07:41 AM 06-21-2012
So glad it's working out for you! I, too am in a period of stress due to low attendance. I had one family leave who had two full-timers. They left to be at home with their dad, and I'm happy for them. It has also worked out well for the daycare, as much of the stress went with those two.

However, money is so tight I may not be able to meet bills until I get at least one more full-timer. I'm trying just to relax and trust, but it isn't easy.

It's always great to hear a story where it's worked out for someone else! Keeps me hanging in there! Thank you for sharing!
Reply Up