Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>November Themes And Activities
melilley 07:08 AM 11-04-2013
Ok, I am having a brain fart! I do weekly themes here and do coordinating activities. I have two themes, but can't think of two more. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have looked online, and did a search on this forum, but nothing is popping out at me. I have one 3 year old and the rest are 2 and under.

This week we are doing Down On the Farm. What art activities could I do? I know we can make animals, but does anyone have any cute ideas. We do mostly process art.

I'm also going to do a Thanksgiving theme the week of Thanksgiving and have activities for that.

I was going to do nutrition, but we have already done that.

Does anyone have any ideas? I feel silly, but I just can't think of any right now..lol

Thanks!
Leanna 08:21 AM 11-04-2013
For down on the farm you could do:
-Tractor print painting (drive small toy tractors in paint and roll)
-Farm texture collages (faux fur, feathers, hay, wool, etc.)
-Udder Painting (fill a large, uninflated balloon (like the kind you bop) with paint and hang from a play gym. Have the kiddos squeeze paint out as if milking a cow)

We are finishing up Autumn leaves and trees this week and next week we are going to spend a week studying squirrels. They are so active this time of year and I love focusing on wildlife that the kiddos actually encounter.

Not sure what we are doing for Thanksgiving yet. I might steal the Stone Soup idea someone posted on here last year .
childcaremom 08:34 AM 11-04-2013
Love the udder idea!

Farm animal tracks through paint.
Paint with hay.
If you are talking about veggies grown on the farm... you could paint with them.

Gee, think my crew likes to paint
Michael 12:57 PM 11-04-2013
More ideas: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=theme+-+fall
spud912 02:07 PM 11-04-2013
You can do these themes:
  1. Zoo (goes along with the farm theme)
  2. Safari (to go with the other animals)
  3. Farm life (I always stretch my farm theme 2 weeks...so much to do)
  4. Transportation (to elaborate on farm equipment and other forms of transportation)
  5. All about me (I like to do this one by Thanksgiving and emphasize family)
  6. Apples
  7. Fall (if you haven't done it already)

There are a TON of farm process art ideas on Pinterest. One of the ones we like to do involve printing outlines of pigs onto pink paper and then letting the kids paint "mud" (aka brown paint) onto them.
melilley 02:13 PM 11-04-2013
Awesome ideas, thanks everyone!
MBF 02:15 PM 11-04-2013
We are finished with thanksgiving {Canada} but I am doing "all about me" as well this month, discussing families and sharing before Christmas.
Tags:november, theme - fall, theme - november
Reply Up