Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Art Aprons
daycare 08:34 AM 09-03-2014
Ok Ladies what is your favorite art apron and where did you get it?

I would love to get more of the ikea ones, I think they are actually bibs, but they don't really hold up to water very well when they get wet.

I have about 1400 to spend from a stipend that I earned.I have already spent 400 of it on a water structure.
sharlan 08:36 AM 09-03-2014
I bought some green plastic ones from IKEA that really work.
daycare 08:38 AM 09-03-2014
Originally Posted by sharlan:
hmm they must be new. I only have the full arm silky ones. I think they are actually made of nylon......

do you have a pic or link of them?
AmyKidsCo 08:51 AM 09-03-2014
I bought mine ages ago from the Learning Shop. They're yellow long sleeve nonwoven waterproof stuff that's lighter than vinyl. They say not to wash them, but I throw them in the washer on a rinse and they come clean. They've lasted FOREVER, but I can't find them online on my phone. I'll look again later on the laptop.
MsLisa 09:07 AM 09-03-2014
Um, the Dollar tree. They usually have them out at spring time or in the dress up section in toys.
Blackcat31 09:08 AM 09-03-2014
I have a DCM that works at Home Depot.

She brings me lots of kid sized aprons.
daycare 10:17 AM 09-03-2014
Originally Posted by MsLisa:
Um, the Dollar tree. They usually have them out at spring time or in the dress up section in toys.
I had those, but the broke in the wash and they don't protect their long sleeves.
MissAnn 11:16 AM 09-03-2014
My sons old t shirts.
KidGrind 01:02 PM 09-03-2014
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I have the same ones. I love them.
Attached: paint smocks.jpg (32.5 KB) 
KSDC 01:43 PM 09-03-2014
I have a bunch of mens flannel button up shirts (free!). I cut the sleeves short, so they are about 3/4 length on my munchkins.
Put them on the kids backwards and just button the top button.
kendallina 02:25 PM 09-03-2014
Originally Posted by KSDC:
I have a bunch of mens flannel button up shirts (free!). I cut the sleeves short, so they are about 3/4 length on my munchkins.
This is what I do. Obviously, they don't prevent their clothes from getting wet, but I love the ease of throwing them in the washing machine to clean them.
Unregistered 05:11 AM 09-08-2014
I love these Montessori style aprons from the etsy shop, Lila's kids. She will custom make them to go with the design colors in your daycare. They are super soft and the kids love them (and parents are in love with them too.) I got two of her cook aprons and the kids like to put stuffed animals in the pickets. So worth the price!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1583883...-smock-childs?
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1133243...ple-apron-for?
daycare 06:50 AM 09-08-2014
No offense but t $43 a smock I wouldn't even by one for my own child
It would cost me over $600 to get aprons for mu kids

They are cute. Maybe I'm just cheap.
daycare 06:51 AM 09-08-2014
Originally Posted by KSDC:
This sounds like a great idea. I can even ask the parents to bring some if they have any.
Otherwise I can probably find some

Thanks for the idea
Blackcat31 06:52 AM 09-08-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
No offense but t $43 a smock I wouldn't even by one for my own child
It would cost me over $600 to get aprons for mu kids

They are cute. Maybe I'm just cheap.
Nope, you aren't cheap...

I wouldn't spent half that on a smock!

You could buy each of the DCK's a new shirt for after craft time for that kind of money!

I'd stick to old oversized T's, men's shirts, and other less expensive alternatives.
Reply Up