Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Would You Tell.....
cheerfuldom 05:32 PM 06-17-2011
a mom who admits that they have what we call here a rage baby and what if that mom actually does want to change it? what advice would you give her? I have had several moms (not any DC moms) whose 6-12 month old kids cry a lot, need constant holding and motion, need constant entertainment and eye contact, are cranky and unsocial and each of these moms has asked me what they can do about it. What would you say to them? of course all are first time moms with good intentions gone wrong to end up in this spot. I don't see any of these kids as particularly difficult kids or high needs in any way, just regular kids that are little pains at the moment.
Abigail 08:29 PM 06-17-2011
If the baby constantly needs to be held, I would recommend they place the baby on their back to play with toys in a safe place where they can still see someone in the home. Let them cry for five minutes and they will begin to play with the toys. Do the tummy time mats as well and just make sure to tell the parent it's okay for them to cry for a few minutes and not pick them up every time they cry. Obviously make sure they're not tired, hungry, or in need of a new diaper and they'll do fine on the floor.
Tags:rage baby, tantrums
Reply Up