Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Unions and Reps?
Willow 08:05 AM 02-25-2013
Does anyone else have them coming around lately?

Reason I ask is a few years ago I got a visit from one. I told them I wasn't interested in supporting the push to unionize and they asked a few questions about why. They were a bit pushy, felt like I was taking a test and my judgment was being called into question lol, but ultimately the individual respected my disinterest and moved on.

Two years ago another one showed up at my door step again and when I told them I wasn't interested they asked a few questions again. I gave the same answers, admittedly this time mildly annoyed, and then they got argumentative right on my doorstep while I had kids standing there!!!! I had to threaten to call the police to get them off my porch and they still left a crap pile of literature on my step with a parting declaration of "you obviously need to better educate yourself because you're the ONLY one not in agreement that this is what the state needs."

The whole encounter made me want to throw up and I was nervous to take the kids outside the rest of the day

I just got a notice in the mail Saturday that they will once again be making their way to my home sometime soon. To say I have major anxiety about them stepping foot onto my property is an understatement. I already fundamentally and unequivocally disagree with what they're trying to do and I'm terrified I'm going to end up arguing with another nasty individual.

Does anyone know if I put up a "NO SOLICITORS" sign if that can keep them from knocking on my door?

What do you say to them when they show up??

Birdwalk to a much larger issue - do you belong to a daycare union, why or why not? Am I missing something here with my thinking that family child care is an absolutely ridiculous thing to unionize??
Tags:qris, soliciting, solicitors, solisiting, solisitors, star program, stars, unions
Up