Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>infant Size
Leigh 09:45 AM 03-10-2016
I have a 5 month old baby here who wears 18 month pants and 24 month tops. She weighs 25 pounds. Cries A LOT (inconsolable sometimes, sometimes just wants to be held). My husband walked in yesterday and looked at her and said doesn't she look just like XXX? His friend has a child with Prader Willi syndrome, and before he said that, I never realized the uncanny resemblance. I know very little about Prader Willi, but I do know that this girl loves to eat. An 8 oz bottle will not satisfy her-she must also follow that with baby food (4 oz) mixed with cereal (about 2 TBSP). It seems like a lot for a baby this age, and her weight is alarming to me (I have a 2 year old here who is only 19 pounds). The baby food/cereal was a "doctor order" because she just was never satisfied with massive amounts of formula.

I'm not trying to diagnose or anything, but what my husband said really made me look at whether things were "normal" with this child. Mom doesn't talk about what the doctor says about her size or development, but she is learning to sit up on her own now (she can't get herself into position, but can stay for a while) and she often takes her bottle from me and tries to hold it herself, so I doubt any developmental delays.

Just wondering what everyone thinks about this?
Miss A 09:58 AM 03-10-2016
I once cared for an infant like this, almost exactly meets your description. The child was just fine, just bigger. While it us not the healthiest, the child I cared for eventually grew into her size. Her eating slowed as she got older, and she is now an average 3 year old.

She did walk slower than most children, at 18 months, and she did learn to crawl later, at over a year, but developmentally, she was just on her own schedule.
Tags:infant, infant - size
Reply Up