Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Portable Cribs
mema 12:23 PM 08-05-2013
What's the difference in the Dream on Me portable cribs between the 3 in 1 and 2 in 1? Just the adjustment heights? Anyone have either or another brand? Do you like it? Is Amazon the best place to order?

I'd like to ditch my pack n' plays. I need 2 and have a bedroom that they can stay set up in most of the time, so storage isn't much of an issue.
spud912 01:39 PM 08-05-2013
I love the portable cribs....so easy to clean! I also like the look so much better than pack-n-plays. I don't know about the 3 in 1 or 2 in 1 options. I just bought portable wooden cribs for the cheapest price online at Amazon. I found them on sale for $30 off at the time I purchased them. I did purchase one on Craigslist, but it ended up being a drop-side recalled version (despite the seller swearing it wasn't)....oh well, lesson learned. I guess when it comes to cribs, I would rather be safe than sorry and purchase new, but patient enough to get it on a good sale.
frugalmama4 01:58 PM 08-05-2013
I just ordered the dream on me 2n1 crib yesterday from Wal-mart online it was $109.00.

I have a girl friend (another provider) who using them for her daycare center...I do love the look and feel of them "they look more professional" however the travel lite portable cribs are really cute and easier to store (same as pack n plays), down size is that a really big/long baby may not last long in them.

I ordered two of those also from wal-mart $69.00 (just to compare side by side) will return which ever doesn't work.

I just converted my attached two car garage into the 100% daycare space...however the wind has blown the opposite direction and by the end of this year I will have 4 infants...so I'm trying to see if I will put them in the garage (and give my breakfast nook 10x10 space to my tot's/preschoolers for circle time, free play) or make the 10 x10 nook the nursery...I'm so confused.

Good Luck!
frugalmama4 07:30 AM 08-07-2013
Travel lite portable crib too small...

I just got the travel lite portable crib in...the cutest thing ever! But it want work...none of my little ones fit

I keep my kids in pack n plays til 18mo (state requirement).

Hope this helps!
mema 10:14 AM 08-07-2013
Thanks! I will keep stuffing away a little money and wait for a sale!
Tags:infants, pack n play, portable crib, sleeping
Reply Up