Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Infant Health Concern
frugalmama4 02:15 PM 10-10-2013
Good Afternoon,

Does anyone have a form they use to communicate to parents about health concerns? Ex: Bathing, clean clothes, rashes, extremely dry skin etc.

I just don't know how to say "Please bathe your child" and have it not sound some nasty. Thanks!
Familycare71 02:20 PM 10-10-2013
I don't have a form.
Are they new parents, lazy parents, busy parents?
I didn't bath my infants much at all because they didnt get dirty and it isn't good for their skin- I did however "sponge bathe" them as needed so the nooks and crannies stayed clean.
I guess my question is why do you feel they need to bath the baby more?
TwinKristi 02:21 PM 10-10-2013
I've never had this problem so I'm not sure.. maybe there's an Ages & Stages worksheet you can give and it will highlight proper care? Are these new or young parents? How long have you had the infant? The optimist in me says maybe baby HAS dry skin and sometimes too much bathing can dry skin out. Really, unless baby smells or is dirty 1-2x/wk is just fine. One of my younger boys has eczema and too many baths makes him dry and rashy. Sometimes they need a bath, a really good eczema cream and then non-synthetic clothing. But if we're talking like "dirty" baby, then I don't know. Technically its a concern for their wellbeing, their home may be dirty too? My friend who's a DCP also had a child who I myself would have reported if in my care. It was sad. Mom was a piece of work!
frugalmama4 02:36 PM 10-10-2013
New young parents, baby does spit up a lot, ears/neck always dirty...

I just think their are not sure what to do with a baby

I have verbally addressed a few tings with mom, she just seems "to me" all I'm saying sounds like to much work!!!

idk...just looking for a way to address it on paper...so it doesn't look like I'm always saying something at pick up.

Thanks
Familycare71 02:40 PM 10-10-2013
I do it myself and then would say at pick up: oh Tommy had a lot of goop in his little neck folds so I used a warm washcloth to get him all cleaned up
Most parents I have had would pick up on it and improve it at home... And if not I just did it myself- I wouldn't be willing to do the babies laundry or completely bath him but I do small things that seem to be over looked like what your mentioning. I have a few that I clip their nails, clean their ears, etc...
Cat Herder 03:21 PM 10-10-2013
If the infant needed a bath and laundry washed, that is what I'd do.

Sometimes the best way to suggest a behavior is by simply modeling it. Not all parents had great parents to learn this stuff from.

How would you assess the adults hygiene? If it is similar to the child's it may simply not be a cultural or personal priority.
Tags:health
Reply Up