Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Miscarriage and In Home Daycare
Unregistered 08:25 AM 02-28-2015
I run an in home daycare and found out this week at 10w4d that I am in the process of miscarrying the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks. I had to take a friday off this week for appointments for confirmation and I had to go two times through the week for blood work. The parents know I was at the hospital and had blood work but I didn't explain why. I am in extreme pain today almost like labour/period pain but worse. The doctors want me to pass on my own. I'm unsure how to handle this, I'm still only spotting if I don't start passing it soon how do I handle care for next week. Do I suck it up, I mean I am home we can have slower days but I will have 5-6 dcks a day one being an infant. I'm more concerned about the physical side then the emotional I've been through a lot in the past 5 years and am good at hiding the emotional hurt... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
NoMoreJuice! 08:54 AM 02-28-2015
Oh I am so sorry! My heart is breaking for you. Take a whole week off. Tell the parents it's a medical emergency, or make something up. Just take it off. Give yourself permission to reflect on your grief and sadness for awhile. It's healing. Hugs.
Thriftylady 09:12 AM 02-28-2015
I am so sorry. Having been through this I know how emotionally taxing it is. Do you have any clause in your contract for sick days? I do and it states if I take off five or more days in a row, parents won't be charged for that time. If you need the time off, I think you should try to take it. Do you have any other providers in your area you can call that would keep the kids for a week even if one can't take them all you may be able to find two or three that can. Take care of yourself.
finsup 09:56 AM 02-28-2015
I am so sorry for your loss when I miss carried, I choose to pass it on my own. The bleeding started close enough to pick up time so it wasn't a problem but I did let the parents know I may need them to pick up early. All were understanding, all kept their kids home the following day. I would just tell them what's going on, and how YOU want to handle it. What my families told me was to def take the following day off and the rest of the week if that's what I needed. I do better wit distraction so taking off the week would have been harder for me. Caring for the kids gave me something to focus on. But everyone greives differently. Do what's best for you. Its a hard thing to go through
TheGoodLife 10:17 AM 02-28-2015
I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage last year and I did decide to tell my families (I just had 2) and took a day off when I started to pass one evening. I only needed to take one day off and felt considerably better the following day. Prayers for you, take care of yourself and take what you need/ tell as much as you are comfortable with.
AmyKidsCo 10:53 AM 02-28-2015
I am so sorry - I went through the same thing at 10 weeks also. I only had cramping Monday-Tuesday, then nothing the rest of the week. My OB/GYN scheduled a D&C in case things didn't resolve naturally, which they didn't. My friend subbed for me, otherwise I would've taken the day off.

If you need someone to talk to you can message me.
Unregistered 01:24 PM 02-28-2015
Op here, I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow I still haven't passed anything more then spotting and am having almost like labour pains. My mom offered to come help me with the kids if I need it and I already have Wednesday booked off.
Josiegirl 01:35 PM 02-28-2015
I'm so very sorry.
Sugar Magnolia 03:53 PM 02-28-2015
I'm also very sorry to hear this. You will need a week off. I send you peace and strength. Hugs
Unregistered 07:38 AM 03-01-2015
I sent them all a message explaining I was going to have to take a few days off and why.. I can barely be on my feet for a couple minutes without feeling like passing out. I definitely don't feel safe for a house full of kids...
284878 10:02 AM 03-01-2015
Sorry for your lost, i know how you may feel. I had a mc over thanksgiving, it took me 3-4 days to recover physically. I was grateful that it was over a long weekend. It took me another week to recover emontionally.
The pain was bad, I was unable to take care for myself. Everyone is different but I would recommend closing for a few days either way.
melilley 12:08 PM 03-03-2015
I'm so sorry. I too have had a miscarriage at 12 weeks, it happened naturally at the Dr. office. It started in the morning and by the time I went in in the afternoon, it happened. I didn't have my home dc at the time, but if I did, I definitely would have taken a couple of days off. The physical part was fine for me, but the emotional part, that was tough. I hope you can close for at least a day or two.
Unregistered 02:13 PM 03-03-2015
Op here, I've been closed the last two days and don't know if I'm going to be able to open the rest of the week. I'm 90% sure I have an infection or still have tissue that has not yet been passed. If I'm on my feet any amount of time I'm in excruciating pain, I couldn't even straighten up earlier. I call my doctor and he said if it's not better to come in on Friday 20 mins of trying to do chores this morning I was doubled over in pain. I'm struggling so much with the physical part that I'm not having much time to focus on the emotional. It's been a long few days.
Baby Beluga 02:23 PM 03-03-2015
I'm so sorry OP
Josiegirl 03:34 PM 03-03-2015
Big Hugs to you....take it as easy as you can this week and be gentle with yourself. It's a hard time for you.
momofsix 06:51 AM 03-04-2015
So sorry
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 08:06 AM 03-04-2015
I had a MC a year ago this past July. My angel baby would have been 1 yesterday (due date). I opted to have the D&C a week after finding out and nothing had started yet. The wait for something to happen was awful and when I waited a week and nothing changed I had to have the procedure. I still kept one little girl because her mom was pressuring me and I caved. My mom and sister were here with her and my youngest daughter. Then my sister stayed till that girls mom came. I was an emotional wreck. To be honest I still am. Especially with three of my cousins having babies in the last 6 months it's has been hard. I hate that your having to deal with all the physical pain on top of the already emotional part. I'm glad to hear that you took the rest of the time off you need to deal with everything.
KiddieCahoots 09:08 AM 03-04-2015
So sorry
Tags:miscarriage, miscarriage - provider
Reply Up