Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do Any Of You Have A Parent/Provider Agreement For Potty Training?
Mrs.Ky 04:36 AM 02-04-2011
I have a DCB who will be 2 soon and is showing signs of readiness for potty training. I'm working on coming up with a Parent/Provider Agreement for Potty Training I need some ideas as I have never done one before. I wanna make sure the parents stick to it also there have been many times I have potty trained and the parents where being lazy about it. Can you please share if you have one or if you have any ideas. Thanks
kendallina 05:19 AM 02-04-2011
I don't have one, but probably should...I'll be stalking this thread.
Annette 07:44 AM 02-04-2011
I don't have one. In my opinion there is no training, when the child is ready they will start using the potty. They may need reminders as they start, have found the worst thing you can do is try to push a child when they are not ready.
littlemonkeys 07:56 AM 02-04-2011
This is all I have in my contract regarding potty training. Not sure if it needs more, but I've never had any problems with it yet.

TOILET TRAINING

We will coordinate with you when your child is ready. An appropriate age of 24-30 months is normal; however this is an individual thing and varies from child to child. Cooperation is essential for toilet training to be effective. It must be a joint team effort between all parents involved and the staff of ********* Childcare.

Initial & Date__________

Unregistered 08:23 AM 02-04-2011
Originally Posted by Annette:
I don't have one. In my opinion there is no training, when the child is ready they will start using the potty. They may need reminders as they start, have found the worst thing you can do is try to push a child when they are not ready.
Actually alot of children are NOT pushed and this is why we have 3 and 4 year old in diapers. A child does NEED to be trained by showing them how to use the potty. Children also show readiness and this is how I know they are ready but once I start I do push the child to finish because if I didnt most of the time children will go back to diapers of course because its easier.
lvt77 12:54 PM 02-04-2011
i have one that i can p.m you if you want it
Mrs.Ky 05:29 PM 02-04-2011
Originally Posted by lvt77:
i have one that i can p.m you if you want it
That would be great thanks
misol 07:05 PM 02-04-2011
Originally Posted by Mrs.Ky:
I have a DCB who will be 2 soon and is showing signs of readiness for potty training. I'm working on coming up with a Parent/Provider Agreement for Potty Training I need some ideas as I have never done one before. I wanna make sure the parents stick to it also there have been many times I have potty trained and the parents where being lazy about it. Can you please share if you have one or if you have any ideas. Thanks
I can PM you mine too.
bice99 11:52 PM 04-29-2011
I would love copies from anyone who's willing to PM them. TIA
Abigail 07:55 AM 04-30-2011
This is in my handbook, please let me know if I'm missing anything or have something too much!
I expect your child to arrive clean and in a dry/clean diaper. Diapers are changed every two hours and as needed. I am cloth diaper friendly, but you must provide all the necessary items to cloth diaper. I will provide Huggies baby wipes. If you prefer to use a different brand or cloth wipes, you must provide them.

Toilet training must begin at home before it will begin at daycare. I will assist your child in toilet training with the understanding that it will be successful only if we work together. Pull ups or diapers are required until your child goes two weeks accident free. If multiple accidents occur in a week, your child will need pull ups or diapers for another two week accident free period.

Please send your child in easy on/easy off clothing until they are able to completely undress/dress themselves. At least two outfits are required if your child is toilet training. I will not launder soiled clothes, they will be sent home with you daily. Please replenish their clothes the next day.
Should I say: I will not launder soiled clothes, they will be sent home with you daily.
OR
I will not launder soiled clothes, they will be sent home with you the day they become soiled.
Mom_of_two 11:20 AM 05-02-2011
I have it stated in my handbook similar to Abigail. 2 weeks accident free before undies, expectations of readiness, will go back to pull ups if more than one accident in a day and if days in a row start the two weeks over. I , too, mention in a separate section that the Co Health Dept instructs us not to wash soiled undies or clothes, they go in a bad to go home. (I also clearly go over all this at initial enrollment in my care.) In our training the health dept specifies not to wash the clothes!
MsMe 12:46 PM 05-02-2011
I really dislike pull-up! I require plastic underwear, or plastic covers. I toss cloths in the laundry if I have a load ready to go.
Tags:potty training
Reply Up