Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Prolonging Enrollment For A Week Now
tbutler 07:28 AM 01-23-2012
Family came for interview last Tuesday for 2 spots, 3 & 4 year old boys. The interview went well and I gave her an application. Parent left saying child will start tomorrow more than likely. Well, everyday since then, she has text me saying the children won't come today, will start tomorrow. She would say that one or both of them were sick. I would respond every morning saying "ok see you tomorrow". I received the same text this morning and I didn't respond. I'm not upset. Just wondering now do I want to deal with this family. In the future, will there be excuses for late payments, late pickups, early drop offs, etc. My husband said that if she says the same thing tomorrow to just tell her unfortunalely I decline her business. I'm wondering if I should just tell her that now. Opinions?
Blackcat31 07:31 AM 01-23-2012
I would definitely tell her that you will be filling the spaces and they will no longer be available to her. If she does want the spaces, then she needs to sign a contract so she is technically enrolled and paying to hold the spaces.

I understand that the kids may be sick but how would you handle sickness and a prolonged absent with any of your regular families?
laundrymom 07:40 AM 01-23-2012
Hi mom, I received your text this morning. I appreciate you letting me know about them not coming but I must let you know, I have continued interviewing prospective families and will offer the position to to which ever family places their deposit and weekly tuition payments first. Thank you..
Ariana 07:43 AM 01-23-2012
I would remind her that she is still required to pay since you had a verbal contract that she was starting this week. I'm not sure what your contract says but hopefully you have one and she signed it etc.
tbutler 07:46 AM 01-23-2012
Parents still have to pay the weekly fee if their child is out sick.

She offered to stop by and make the first weeks payment last Wed or Thurs but I told her no because she wanted to come by at 7pm. I close at 5:30. I haven't enrolled any new kids since Sept., looks like I've forgotten how to handle things. She may prove to be great if they attend, but my gut tells me to let this one go. I almost feel like she's holding on to me for "just in case". You know? Not even sure at this point if I want to offer to make a payment to hold spots. But then again, what do I have to lose?
tbutler 07:47 AM 01-23-2012
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Hi mom, I received your text this morning. I appreciate you letting me know about them not coming but I must let you know, I have continued interviewing prospective families and will offer the position to to which ever family places their deposit and weekly tuition payments first. Thank you..
I like this, I'm going to send this verbatim. I'll let you all know how it goes.
tbutler 07:49 AM 01-23-2012
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I would remind her that she is still required to pay since you had a verbal contract that she was starting this week. I'm not sure what your contract says but hopefully you have one and she signed it etc.
Yes I do have a contract. She took it with her along with other paperwork to look over more in depth. I covered the main parts of my handbook and contract with her during the interview.
wdmmom 10:59 AM 01-23-2012
I would tell her that you need a weeks payment up front before starting along with a firm start date.

They don't start, they forfeit the money.
Tags:contract - rates, deposit, deposit agreement
Reply Up