Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rainy Day? Here's What We Did...
tbutler 08:29 AM 01-25-2012
I turned to the dance/electronica music channel for the nonstop, upbeat music, told the kids there were 3 rules: no flipping, hitting, nor jumping on the couch.

They jumped, turned, twirled, rolled around and more while I stood in front of the tv so they wouldn't hurt themselves. They enjoyed not having to sit still, be quiet, listen etc. Best 30 minute activity in a long time since we haven't been able to go outside due to rain for two days. Now they are resting, then water, then centers! I hope everyone whose having bad weather is having fun inside, we sure are.
Meyou 09:00 AM 01-25-2012
Love it! We have a dance party almost everyday.
Lilbutterflie 09:55 AM 01-25-2012
I LOOOVE to dance with the kids too! We do this almost everyday also. Their favorite dance song is Party Rock Anthem!

Two more of my rainy day favorites:

1- Break out the play tunnels and play tents that usually keep stored in the closet for special rainy days or snow days

2- Blow up some of the BIG punch balloons! The toddlers love to just carry them around (and they are super thick so they do NOT pop easily). The pre-k crew love to play the game of "keep the balloon off the ground". It makes them work as a team and gets energy out at the same time!
tbutler 10:37 AM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by Meyou:
Love it! We have a dance party almost everyday.
I think I'm going to start doing it daily too.
tbutler 10:39 AM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
I LOOOVE to dance with the kids too! We do this almost everyday also. Their favorite dance song is Party Rock Anthem!

Two more of my rainy day favorites:

1- Break out the play tunnels and play tents that usually keep stored in the closet for special rainy days or snow days

2- Blow up some of the BIG punch balloons! The toddlers love to just carry them around (and they are super thick so they do NOT pop easily). The pre-k crew love to play the game of "keep the balloon off the ground". It makes them work as a team and gets energy out at the same time!
Great ideas. Where'd you get your punch balloons from?
Tags:dance, rainy day
Reply Up