Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Late Fees
tjones34 03:22 PM 11-06-2013
Is it just me or do you guys sometimes feel weird when you have to enforce late fees. My dcp texted me at 5:52 to say she would b 10 min late is that ok? I said that is fine, $40 will be due when you come. No text back.
She is always trying to get out of my rules and I have had enough...I felt weird but at the same time I'm glad I enforced my policy. I thing she feels like since I get paid with vouchers she shouldn't have to come out of pocket.

My frustration at the end of the evening
daycare 03:27 PM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by tjones34:
Is it just me or do you guys sometimes feel weird when you have to enforce late fees. My dcp texted me at 5:52 to say she would b 10 min late is that ok? I said that is fine, $40 will be due when you come. No text back.
She is always trying to get out of my rules and I have had enough...I felt weird but at the same time I'm glad I enforced my policy. I thing she feels like since I get paid with vouchers she shouldn't have to come out of pocket.

I charge late fees on a case by case basis. If it was someone who was doing it all the time, then I would have no issue with doing it at all.

NOw if it was a parent that never does it and tells me that they will be late, then I would more than likely waive the late fee.

I have it there for people like you are talking about abuse it. I would probably get to the point that if they kept doing it I would tell them, I don't want your money, I want you to pick up on time. If this happens again, I will need to terminate your contract for care.
tjones34 03:40 PM 11-06-2013
Well she just came and paid, and didn't say a word to me. She wouldn't even look my way. It's funny to me, I'm not the one who was late....parents are hilarious.
WImom 03:47 PM 11-06-2013
If a client is normally on time and calls me before she is already late I will usually wave it as long as it's just a few minutes. I do it by a case by case basis too. I also have a 5 minute grace period because I know traffic can be bad.
Leigh 04:00 PM 11-06-2013
I recently had a kid 3 hours past closing-I did it for free. The mom has to drive 100 miles to her OB doc, and she was going to pick up early to take him with. This is my favorite family, they ALWAYS pay on time, and ALWAYS pick up on time. I told her that her kid won't enjoy the doctor's office, and invited him to stay until she could return. I don't usually do things like that, but when they treat me right, I like to do the same every now and then.

A parent who picks up late regularly gets to pay a late fee regularly.
Shell 06:25 PM 11-06-2013

That's a hefty late fee- I'm jealous!
Lucy 08:34 PM 11-06-2013
Well she just came and paid, and didn't say a word to me. She wouldn't even look my way. It's funny to me, I'm not the one who was late....parents are hilarious.
You made that post at 6:40. What is her normal pickup time? Just how late was she???
Reply Up