Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Side Business?
mountainside13 05:16 PM 01-13-2014
After what happened today I am considering reducing my numbers. The tricky part is supplementing the $300 per week. Does anyone have a business on the side that you are willing to share with me? I wouldn't mind getting a part time job. But my husband works nights mon-Friday and no one to watch my young children. There isn't a part time job around here that will pay that amount for just weekends. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Myesh411 05:53 PM 01-13-2014
I work for a direct sales company. I make $300-500 weekly. You can email me if you want more info. Myesh411@gmail.com
BrooklynM 06:26 PM 01-13-2014
In the past I used to go garage selling and I would resell on Ebay. You have to know what to look for, and get small items that are easy to ship, but I used to do pretty well with it. You can arrange USPS to come to the house to do the package pickup so you can do it from home! The garage selling on weekends takes some dedication but it can be a lot of fun and you never know what kind of treasures you can find!
melonieb 06:27 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by Myesh411:424686:
I work for a direct sales company. I make $300-500 weekly. You can email me if you want more info. Myesh411@gmail.com
Is that a work at home position?
MyAngels 07:02 PM 01-13-2014
Here's a thread that has some ideas: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23824

I think there might be at least one more thread, too, but heck if I can find it.
Leigh 07:34 PM 01-13-2014
What kind of talents do you have? What kind of past experience? I used to write radio ad copy, but the market has become so competitive that you feel like you're paying THEM for the privilege (like $3 per ad!). I know that in my area, Melaleuca sales could be a good source of income, since NO ONE around here seems to sell it. It seems to be a love it or hate it kind of company, though, since they do have something like a $75/month minimum order, so if you're not actively trying to sell, you're going to end up with a lot of their product stacking up in your basement! Pet sitting is good income, as is pet BATHING ($15-$35 per bath around here) if you have basic skills with dogs (understand how to brush them the right way, can strip a coat and clip nails). You could set up a business running errands for people (groceries, prescriptions, etc.). Cleaning houses, organizing, painting interior or exterior.

First look at where your talents are, then think about what you LIKE to do, and find a way to make it work!
mountainside13 06:05 AM 01-14-2014
Thank you ladies for all the great suggestions!
Myesh411 07:35 AM 01-14-2014
Originally Posted by melonieb:
Is that a work at home position?
Direct sales is more like Avon, Mary Kay, Tupperware..etc. you can do home parties but can also work from home by doing online and catalog parties as well. It brings in great extra income for me.
Reply Up