Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>the parent board.....
thetoddlerwhisper 04:53 AM 01-28-2014
what all do you have on yours? would you be willing to share a picture? i want to do 2 boards but want some new ideas. want one with articles and safety stuff and another with schedule menu class list curriculum etc
melonieb 06:50 AM 01-28-2014
Here's my parent board. I have my menu displayed in the kitchen
Attached: CAM00353.jpg (67.5 KB) 
mia 06:56 AM 01-28-2014
I think this is a great idea .... to be able to share your parent boards, room set ups..... I will post mine as soon as I figure out how.....
thetoddlerwhisper 07:00 AM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by melonieb:
we have one in kitchen but stars now requires us to have one in each classroom.....ugh
melonieb 07:43 AM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by athacker:429061:
we have one in kitchen but stars now requires us to have one in each classroom.....ugh
What is stars? I am not require to gave one posted in each room. That one parent board in posted in my foyer. I update as I see it. Plus I have my lesson plan on there as well. My parents really like it. I can't wait to change it when seasons change.
jenboo 08:28 AM 01-28-2014
Here is mine. It has a good sleep practices sign, handwashing sign, emergency phone numbers paper (all are required to be posted), my daily schedule and the weekly menu. My curriculum is supposed to be in the blank spot but i havent put it up yet.

My parents never look at my board so I dont worry about it too much.

Laurel 09:04 AM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by athacker:
what all do you have on yours? would you be willing to share a picture? i want to do 2 boards but want some new ideas. want one with articles and safety stuff and another with schedule menu class list curriculum etc
I don't have one at all.

If parents want to know something or I want them to know something, we just talk about it or, if important, I put a note in their bag as well as tell them.

Laurel
thetoddlerwhisper 09:10 AM 01-28-2014
What is stars? I am not require to gave one posted in each room. That one parent board in posted in my foyer. I update as I see it. Plus I have my lesson plan on there as well. My parents really like it. I can't wait to change it when seasons change.
stars in our state rating system.
thetoddlerwhisper 09:12 AM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by Laurel:
I don't have one at all.

If parents want to know something or I want them to know something, we just talk about it or, if important, I put a note in their bag as well as tell them.

Laurel
dont see many of my parents as they drop off before im here and leave after im gone. as you can imagine it sucks and they dont read papers.
melonieb 09:58 AM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by athacker:429154:
stars in our state rating system.
Oh ok.
melonieb 10:01 AM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:429113:
Here is mine. It has a good sleep practices sign, handwashing sign, emergency phone numbers paper (all are required to be posted), my daily schedule and the weekly menu. My curriculum is supposed to be in the blank spot but i havent put it up yet.

My parents never look at my board so I dont worry about it too much.

My parents always look, sometimes I put our next field trip, what we are doing that Friday or whatever. Plus it had our colour, number, letter, and shape of the week. It also has our school schedule since I transport to three schools on a daily basis so my parents and potential parents see and understand.
My3cents 10:23 AM 01-28-2014
I like what you did with the pom poms-

Mine has the month
a calendar
pictures of the kids or families or whatever we are doing
notices
curriculum information
and kids art work on it (this takes up most of it and when I run out of room I use another wall)

to the side of it I have my
license
posters that you must display
fire drill log
food program info
my menu is on my fridge more convenient to me but parents may go and view it.
daily schedule

This is all in the entryway and in one place.
I change my board monthly
My3cents 10:24 AM 01-28-2014
mine looks very much like yours with pegs underneath for coats and a bench to sit on-
melonieb 12:41 PM 01-28-2014
[quote=My3cents:429205]
mine looks very much like yours with pegs underneath for coats and a bench to sit on-[/QUOTE

I guess it's a popular set up. I am ready to change it up.
originalkat 12:55 PM 01-28-2014
Here is my parent board. I keep my license above it and all the other boring paperwork on my fridge. Parents look at mine probably weekly because they check the calendar and curriculum stuff. I also post party and field trip sign ups. I usually change the border/background monthly.

blandino 01:07 PM 01-28-2014
Our has our fire/safety drill chart, some DHS required info, food program info, pictures of DCK, some little cards and notes we have gotten from parents. I will try and do a picture this afternoon.
TwinKristi 01:35 PM 01-28-2014

I will see if the picture link works... Mine is a wall organizer from Thirty One. It has pockets for each of the DC kids and a place for my license and the additional papers I need posted. I have a white board poster type calendar there as well. Works for me!
Rachel 04:23 AM 01-29-2014
Mine is in Hebrew so it won't help you, but I have put on my wall two strips of carpet (the kind you can velcro things too, leftover from the kid velcro wall). In it I have stuck
Yearly Schedule
Days Off
Menu
Daily Schedule
Rate Structure (I'm official, so parents pay different amounts depending on income).

I sometimes put up other things, depending on the time of year or mood. I also have a white board next to it where I write up any announcements or reminders.
Reply Up