Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Have In Cubbies?
Core12 04:24 PM 12-22-2016
I have realized that allowing parents to bring their diaper bags daily is not helpful. I wish I would have requested upfront a month of diapers and wipes and asked for a change of clothes a blanket, toy and pacifier.
The reason this isn't working for me is bc the parents are literally putting (3) diapers in the bags per day, no change of clothes, and God only knows what else is in the bag.
Am I on the right track?
lovemydaycare0912 04:36 PM 12-22-2016
I tell all parents first at interview, in handbook, and again during enrollment meeting what they are to bring for child's first day. If they don't have it, child cannot come in. Cubbies here hold: 2+ complete change of clothes, hat and mittens that stay here during winter, and 1 extra pacifier that stays here.
laundrymom 05:10 PM 12-22-2016
"Note to all families::
To alleviate lost items in cubbies our supply policy is changing. Please bring a package of diapers, a package of wipes and a complete change of clothing for your child to leave at daycare. All items will be labeled and used as needed. When items are running low I will send a text to bring more. This will eliminate the need for items to be brought Daily and limit lost items in cubbies. Thank you. Please bring items on your child's next day of attendance. Bags and backpacks will no longer be stored in children's cubbies. Thank you. "
Blackcat31 08:39 AM 12-23-2016
I don't allow diaper bags or backpacks at all.

Each child's cubby has a complete set of clothing (don't forget socks). I require a short and long sleeved shirt and a sweater or sweatshirt and pants.

For babies and toddlers I require 3 complete sets of clothing.

Parents bring a one month supply of diapers and I keep them stored on a bathroom cupboard/shelf not in cubby baskets.

ALL parents must bring a refill package of wet wipes and a box of tissues the first week of each month PER child.
284878 09:16 AM 12-23-2016
I store things here too, with my first family, I did the bag thing too. The same thing happened, I would have to check the bag over every morning to make sure she packed it. I sent her home more than once to get things.
Now I give a list of items that I need brought by the first day. However I don't use cubbies by the door, as I don't have room. I take everything to the playroom.
Meeko 02:27 PM 12-23-2016
I don't allow diaper bags of any kind. Upon enrollment, parents are to bring a pack of diapers. When I run low, I request more. Child cannot stay without a supply of diapers. I keep them all on labelled shelves above my changing area. On the first of each month, parents are to bring wipes.

Nothing goes back and forth with a child each day except their coat/shoes. A change of clothing in in their cubby. I supply all blankets so I can make sure they are washed properly.
Core12 05:11 AM 12-24-2016
Very helpful as usual!!!
Jazzii 07:28 PM 12-25-2016
We have school cubbies which have 2 hooks. For for sanitary reasons all children MUST have a backpack large enough to fit their coats and 2 changes of clothes. There's a top slot and a bottom one one for each kid where their blanket goes.

Diapers are to be brought in as often as a parent wants, we strongly encourage at least a sleeve at a time, these stay In the bathroom (our changing table has cubbies holes so babies have their diapers there)- or at minimum 10 a day. All diaper creams etc, stay in the cubby at the chànging table.

There is a shoe cubby outside so before children step into the daycare they switch their outside shoes for their slippers.
Tags:cubbies
Reply Up