Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 02:14 PM 02-22-2018
I hate selling things! Had someone message me last night wanting to pick up a crib today. Stayed up last night taking it down, cleaning it, cleaning and setting up the a replacement mini crib. Altered our schedule today so the kids would be occupied while my husband was home for lunch to be here and help load it up. Guess who didn't show, and isn't replying to my message. Now I have a disassembled crib in my kitchen, with no where else to store it. Maybe this is my sign to just donate it and be done.
Homebody 02:14 PM 02-23-2018
Drives me crazy when a child keeps complaining they are starving after snack time. I give them plenty to eat and sometimes a little extra, but they don't understand that a snack is just a snack and its not meant to fill you up like a meal. They would eat me out of a house and home if I let them...lol!
DaveA 12:22 PM 02-26-2018
Bought a new carpet cleaner over the weekend, so there is a big box in the classroom. DCB 5 (who thinks my toys are "lame" because nothing is electronic and keeps asking me to get a kindle for the classroom) is not amused. Here was our conversation-

Why is there a box here?
So you all could play with it.
(confused look) How do you play with a box?
I'm not telling you. Play with it any way you think up.

His solution- set it in the corner and pretend to watch TV!
Claraskids 12:32 PM 02-26-2018
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Bought a new carpet cleaner over the weekend, so there is a big box in the classroom. DCB 5 (who thinks my toys are "lame" because nothing is electronic and keeps asking me to get a kindle for the classroom) is not amused. Here was our conversation-

Why is there a box here?
So you all could play with it.
(confused look) How do you play with a box?
I'm not telling you. Play with it any way you think up.

His solution- set it in the corner and pretend to watch TV!
That is just sad. My daycare kids and my own think big boxes are the best toys ever! I saved every box from Christmas presents and they were happy playing with those till the end of January (when they finally fell apart).
Claraskids 12:34 PM 02-26-2018
13 month old's first day here - first time away from mom also. The only time he hasn't screamed today is when I carry him. Oh, honey, get with the program quick before my ears start to bleed.
amberrose3dg 04:48 AM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by Claraskids:
13 month old's first day here - first time away from mom also. The only time he hasn't screamed today is when I carry him. Oh, honey, get with the program quick before my ears start to bleed.
Our teachers are on strike and parents are home with their older kids and tell me this but send their younger kids anyways. I have to turn away school age siblings of parents that HAVE to go to work and you send your infant so you don't have to deal with her.
Miss A 09:13 AM 02-27-2018
2 year old refuses to attempt to put outside gear on, or take it off. Today he screamed for half an hour sitting by the door while the other three ages 17 months to 2 years took their gear off, I changed diapers, hung the wet stuff up to dry, and prepped lunch.
Farmerswife 09:59 AM 02-28-2018
19 month old loves to hang on the gate to my kitchen. When I walk towards her she lets go, but as soon as I walk away, she grabs it again. She is very stubborn so the only way to attempt to get through to her when she doesn't listen or follow rules is to put her in a pack-n-play for a few minutes. I think it distracts her enough that she forgets what she was doing to get herself in there, I don't know that it is really solving the problem. If she remembers what I was asking her not to do, she'll go right back at it. Anyway, that situation is being worked on, my vent is big brother says "she doesn't know better". Wonder where he heard that? It wasn't here, that's for sure!
Play Care 10:57 AM 02-28-2018
Had an observation today and it went well, despite the fact my 3 yo dcb was behaving like a turd. The best was when he pointed to his family picture for the observer (it was a beach photo from last summer) and was like "look at my mom's BOOBS!"

Really.
Miss A 11:13 AM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Had an observation today and it went well, despite the fact my 3 yo dcb was behaving like a turd. The best was when he pointed to his family picture for the observer (it was a beach photo from last summer) and was like "look at my mom's BOOBS!"

Really.
Kids day the darndest things! Thanks for the laugh.
Josiegirl 02:32 PM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by Farmerswife:
19 month old loves to hang on the gate to my kitchen. When I walk towards her she lets go, but as soon as I walk away, she grabs it again. She is very stubborn so the only way to attempt to get through to her when she doesn't listen or follow rules is to put her in a pack-n-play for a few minutes. I think it distracts her enough that she forgets what she was doing to get herself in there, I don't know that it is really solving the problem. If she remembers what I was asking her not to do, she'll go right back at it. Anyway, that situation is being worked on, my vent is big brother says "she doesn't know better". Wonder where he heard that? It wasn't here, that's for sure!
Dcm was using that line on her twins up until a few months ago and they're 3 1/2. Big sis would tell me the same thing that your big bro is telling you. I told big sis one day that they needed to be taught then! Perhaps it got back to dcm.

Some kids are babied a lot. Funny thing is, then the parent wonders why they're such a handful as they get older.
Country Kids 08:13 AM 03-02-2018
District on a two hour delay and there's nothing to keep these kids from not being in school!!!

No snow, ice, sleet, freezing rain, etc.

Second Friday in a row for a two hour delay
Miss A 09:00 AM 03-02-2018
Full Moon. Enough said.
Ac114 09:20 AM 03-02-2018
Stop bringing your kids in their diaper that they wore overnight. It’s gross. I have more than one parent that does this. 🤦🏼*♀️🤦🏼*♀️
amberrose3dg 09:59 AM 03-02-2018
Originally Posted by Ac114:
Stop bringing your kids in their diaper that they wore overnight. It’s gross. I have more than one parent that does this. 🤦🏼*♀️🤦🏼*♀️
Ugh I hate that. It is so nasty!! Not to mention why do they think we have time to change a diaper as soon as a kid rolls in.
Ac114 02:33 PM 03-02-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
Ugh I hate that. It is so nasty!! Not to mention why do they think we have time to change a diaper as soon as a kid rolls in.
Right! I usually don’t for the first hour or so that everyone gets here. And by then, it’s about to fall off or soaked through.
CeriBear 08:33 AM 03-03-2018
Ugh! I can’t believe the stupidity of some people. It doesn’t take that long to change a diaper. Lazy and so gross. You would think parents wouldn’t want their child to sit around in a messy diaper for long.
Leigh 08:37 AM 03-06-2018
Getting over Influenza. Day 14 today, still coughing and tired and blowing my nose. It's getting better, but it takes so long!

Day 2 of no school here because of weather, so at least I have a lighter load today. Figured I'd knock out some paperwork. Make a RARE cup of hot coffee and sat down at the table with my laptop and binder. DCB 3.5 comes over, leans over to see the computer and DROOLS in my coffee. Thank God that I saw it happen-I might have to call off for the rest of the day, though, because 10 minutes later, I still feel like I could throw up! Vomit, fine. Poop, I'm good. Drool in my cup? I might have to go to the hospital!
Play Care 06:22 AM 03-07-2018
Dear DCM,

You picking up "early" due to a bad snow storm and treacherous road conditions is NOT doing ME a FAVOR. Its doing yourself one, because if you tried to come at regular time and were late because of said road conditions, I would be charging a late fee. In essence, you are doing yourself a favor.

Signed,

Ms Play Care ain't playing no more.
Blackcat31 06:38 AM 03-07-2018
Dear DCM,

You picking up "early" due to a bad snow storm and treacherous road conditions is NOT doing ME a FAVOR. Its doing yourself one, because if you tried to come at regular time and were late because of said road conditions, I would be charging a late fee. In essence, you are doing yourself a favor.

Signed,

Ms Play Care ain't playing no more.
That mentality floors me.... I just can't wrap my head around parents thinking like that.

Doing you a favor...
Miss A 07:02 AM 03-07-2018
Baby has been out 2 days due to weather and yesterday for sickness, but no fever per DCM. Today, DCM says baby is fever free at drop off. At diaper change, baby is warm. Took her temp, almost 100°. Who wants to get baby will be sent home this afternoon once her temp reaches exclusion. Ugh. This is my best DCF too!
Hunni Bee 11:11 AM 03-07-2018
Soooo tired of smelling farts...
Miss A 11:44 AM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by Miss A:
Baby has been out 2 days due to weather and yesterday for sickness, but no fever per DCM. Today, DCM says baby is fever free at drop off. At diaper change, baby is warm. Took her temp, almost 100°. Who wants to bet baby will be sent home this afternoon once her temp reaches exclusion. Ugh. This is my best DCF too!

...and guess who was called for pickup.
Blackcat31 11:49 AM 03-07-2018
...and guess who was called for pickup.
Do you suspect a dope & drop?
Miss A 11:54 AM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Do you suspect a dope & drop?
Yes, only because DCM made a point of telling me and posting on FB yesterday that baby was sick but no fever, and again at drop off. An hour after drop off baby was approaching 100°.
Play Care 01:10 PM 03-07-2018
That mentality floors me.... I just can't wrap my head around parents thinking like that.

Doing you a favor...
Right. I love how doing something they are contractually obligated to do is somehow doing me a favor. I wonder if she thanked her superintendent for doing her a favor when he let them out early
Josiegirl 02:50 PM 03-07-2018
I swear if I hear butthead one more time I'm going to pop a blood vessel.
ChelseaB 07:37 AM 03-08-2018
It drives me crazy how parents expect you to be available at their every beck and call. I do sometimes offer extra hours IF I’m not busy. But you can practically hear the eye roll on the other end of the phone when I state I am not available due to my own plans. My world doesn’t revolve around yours. 🤷🏼*♀️ Also, I’m a human and have to take the occasional day off. It is rare, and I normally provide a back up. But if I have to close beyond what I’ve contracted (I allot myself 3 personal, paid days/year other than vacation), I’ll issue a credit for such days. Also, I normally extend at least a 2 week notice, more if able. Don’t get an attitude with me cause you didn’t plan for it. But, I guess I forgot — I only do this because I love children and don’t need the pay guess I’m going to have to start being “mean” again.
gumdrops 10:13 AM 03-08-2018
DCG 5 had a bad cold/cough 3 weeks ago. She has been clearing her throat with one brief cough every 10-15 min every since. So annoying!
amberrose3dg 10:20 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by ChelseaB:
It drives me crazy how parents expect you to be available at their every beck and call. I do sometimes offer extra hours IF I’m not busy. But you can practically hear the eye roll on the other end of the phone when I state I am not available due to my own plans. My world doesn’t revolve around yours. 🤷🏼*♀️ Also, I’m a human and have to take the occasional day off. It is rare, and I normally provide a back up. But if I have to close beyond what I’ve contracted (I allot myself 3 personal, paid days/year other than vacation), I’ll issue a credit for such days. Also, I normally extend at least a 2 week notice, more if able. Don’t get an attitude with me cause you didn’t plan for it. But, I guess I forgot — I only do this because I love children and don’t need the pay guess I’m going to have to start being “mean” again.
I see your in WV. Did you have a bunch of drama during the school strike? I have a few teacher families and they were such entitled drama queens. Parents always think we owe them a special.
ChelseaB 08:21 AM 03-09-2018
I see your in WV. Did you have a bunch of drama during the school strike? I have a few teacher families and they were such entitled drama queens. Parents always think we owe them a special.
I did not, I have one teacher, and she only dropped off her child maybe twice during the strike. She rarely brings him when she’s off, except if she has a personal appointment away that would be difficult to haul him to...my biggest issue is having my stepchildren present (as they’re both young enough to count into my ratio) — their mom gets very upset that I can’t just take them any day without ensuring my numbers beforehand 🤷🏼*♀️
amberrose3dg 08:55 AM 03-09-2018
Originally Posted by ChelseaB:
I did not, I have one teacher, and she only dropped off her child maybe twice during the strike. She rarely brings him when she’s off, except if she has a personal appointment away that would be difficult to haul him to...my biggest issue is having my stepchildren present (as they’re both young enough to count into my ratio) — their mom gets very upset that I can’t just take them any day without ensuring my numbers beforehand 🤷🏼*♀️
Yes they say they won't come when there is no school and they expect to come when there is no school! They also expect to not pay when there is no school either.
happymom 12:44 PM 03-09-2018
I was in a car wreck on valentines day.

My car has been in the shop and I've had a crappy rental car. Body shop called today and told me my car would be finished today!

I was so happy (originally they told me it would be middle of next week). I filled the crappy rental car up with gas, uninstalled my carseats, got the rental all ready to return.....

An hour later they call back and say I can't pick up my car until at least Monday. =(
BumbleBee 09:52 AM 03-12-2018
I hate daylight savings time. Heck I hate both time changes. The kids are a mess and will be all week.
daycarediva 10:22 AM 03-12-2018
The kids are a hot mess today.

Daylight savings time is a PITB.
Play Care 12:08 PM 03-12-2018
I HATE Food pouches!! HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE!

I have a 2 year old dcg who hardly eats a thing here, because POUCHES!
I have an infant who will turn 1 in a couple weeks and sent her the "your child is turning 1" letter (thanks BC!) and she's panicking because I will not give a bottle or spoon feed a toddler. Also, NO POUCHES! I think I'm the only one making any effort to get baby eating table food.
Miss A 12:10 PM 03-12-2018
One more hater of DST. Ugh, 2+ hours on one DCB raging because he was off schedule, plus the need for a AM nap which throws the rest of our daily schedule off, which makes everyone crabby because we aren't doing it right. Ugh. I can't wait for today to be over.
Play Care 12:11 PM 03-12-2018
And my 3.5 yo dcb is getting a crash course in butt wiping 101. He's been trained for over a year, it's time.
Play Care 12:15 PM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
The kids are a hot mess today.

Daylight savings time is a PITB.
The nice thing was that 3 of the kids slept for almost 3 hours (11:30-2:30!!) but one (who usually does sleep) was up for over an hour - reading, talking to himself, singing. I finally told him to close his eyes and rest, but guess who didn't want to get up when everyone else did? Too bad, so sad. 3 hours is my limit!
CeriBear 03:57 AM 03-13-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I swear if I hear butthead one more time I'm going to pop a blood vessel.
Me too! And add poopypants to the list as well.
amberrose3dg 04:04 AM 03-13-2018
Originally Posted by CeridwenLynne:
Me too! And add poopypants to the list as well.
Well the school board took the kids spring break to make up for the teacher's strike.
I have already had parents ask if I would be open. NO! I am still taking my family vacation and my son will not be at school that week. I already put a note in his book bag.
Blackcat31 05:37 AM 03-13-2018
dentist. 10:30 a.m.
LysesKids 07:25 AM 03-13-2018
Well the school board took the kids spring break to make up for the teacher's strike.
I have already had parents ask if I would be open. NO! I am still taking my family vacation and my son will not be at school that week. I already put a note in his book bag.
I'm not sure my sister got that memo... she told me they only added 3 days to end of year; I'll text her since she's same county
amberrose3dg 08:51 AM 03-13-2018
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I'm not sure my sister got that memo... she told me they only added 3 days to end of year; I'll text her since she's same county
Oh no they only get two days off now. March 30(good Friday) and the Monday after Easter.
LysesKids 03:22 PM 03-13-2018
Oh no they only get two days off now. March 30(good Friday) and the Monday after Easter.
I told her; she said thanks lol
Miss A 05:22 AM 03-15-2018
I wish calling out sick was as easy for me last minute as it was for the parents who's kids are sick and not coming to daycare.

Woke up in the middle of the night feeling unwell, but not unwell enough to call out, or to know how I will feel in the morning. Then, I wake up this morning feeling even worse and it is too late to call out. It looks like movie and free play day while I supervise from the couch.
Ac114 09:12 AM 03-15-2018
Ugh! One of my parents asked if I could keep their child until 7:30pm on Monday because they have paperwork to sign since they put their house on the market. She gets dropped off at 7:45am. Like no, I have a life and even though I usually don’t go out and do anything during the week, I still don’t want to be caring for your child after 5:30pm. Take your child with you like every other other parent has too. 😩😡
amberrose3dg 10:22 AM 03-15-2018
Ugh! One of my parents asked if I could keep their child until 7:30pm on Monday because they have paperwork to sign since they put their house on the market. She gets dropped off at 7:45am. Like no, I have a life and even though I usually don’t go out and do anything during the week, I still don’t want to be caring for your child after 5:30pm. Take your child with you like every other other parent has too. 😩😡
But don't you know they can't do anything with their child.
I have parents ask me every now and then about keeping their kids later. NOPE!
Leigh 10:40 AM 03-15-2018
And, she can't sign papers with her child present? I searched for and purchased a house with a newborn, a toddler, and an 8 year old along for the whole process (including signing papers). I was also caring for my FIL in my home for hospice care at that time. I moved without closing daycare for a single day. I wouldn't have even considered asking someone to care for my child so I could sign papers-what is with those parents?
Ac114 11:23 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by Leigh:
And, she can't sign papers with her child present? I searched for and purchased a house with a newborn, a toddler, and an 8 year old along for the whole process (including signing papers). I was also caring for my FIL in my home for hospice care at that time. I moved without closing daycare for a single day. I wouldn't have even considered asking someone to care for my child so I could sign papers-what is with those parents?
SAME HERE! We just let lugged all 3 children with us for the entire process. It must be nice to have someone watch my children for every little thing I need to do.
amberrose3dg 12:40 PM 03-15-2018
SAME HERE! We just let lugged all 3 children with us for the entire process. It must be nice to have someone watch my children for every little thing I need to do.
Amen! I have parents that take off work to let the cable guy in or plumber and don't keep their kids at home. It's too much to do!
Blackcat31 01:15 PM 03-15-2018
My reply is usually something like

"Sorry, I operate o contracted hours and you are not contracted for services beyond 5:30 PM so you'll have to find a babysitter to cover that time for you"

Contracted hours solves this issues easy peasy.... I provide care ONLY during the hours a parent contracts for....if Family A contracts care from 9-5 and Family B contracts care for 9-4 only, Family B canNOT use care after 4 even if other children are present as Family B did not contract for that time.

My policies state that additional care CAN be accommodated provided it is requested a min. of 24 hours in advance AND if I am available and approve the request.

Simpy leaving the child beyond their contracted hours would cost them $1 per minute at the very least and/or immediate termination worst case scenario.

Ask the parent what they would do if their boss suddenly TOLD them during their lunch break that they have to work late (without asking and with little notice) and with no mention of additional pay... I highly doubt the DCP would be okay with it so to expect you to be okay with being TOLD you are working later is disrespectful and rude on this family's part.
HappyEverAfter 04:31 PM 03-15-2018
Lately I’ve felt like parents have lost their minds. Here are some recent crazy comments/requests from parents:

Can you not let dcg go into the sun when y’all play outside? Maybe make her stay on the covered porch while y’all play in the yard?

My son doesn’t like to be contained by baby gates and play yard fences. He’ll do better if you just let him free roam in the house.

My daughter is just one of those kids that doesn’t need naps. I can tell because she never seems to want to take one. (She is 9mths old)

The doctor told us dcg has the flu but don’t worry, the doctor says it isn’t the contagious kind.

I think dcg is feeling insecure because she isn’t the youngest anymore. (Dcg is 9 mths old)

I know dcg has been biting the other kids but I figure it’s not a problem because she doesn’t mean to hurt them on purpose.
Josiegirl 02:50 AM 03-16-2018
A couple days ago, school had a late start so 4 yo dcg came here for a couple hours. I asked dcm if she'd had breakfast yet and dcm acted a little embarrassed and said 'just some chips, it's so hard to get her to eat anything in the morning'.
amberrose3dg 03:41 AM 03-16-2018
Originally Posted by HappyEverAfter:
Lately I’ve felt like parents have lost their minds. Here are some recent crazy comments/requests from parents:

Can you not let dcg go into the sun when y’all play outside? Maybe make her stay on the covered porch while y’all play in the yard?

My son doesn’t like to be contained by baby gates and play yard fences. He’ll do better if you just let him free roam in the house.

My daughter is just one of those kids that doesn’t need naps. I can tell because she never seems to want to take one. (She is 9mths old)

The doctor told us dcg has the flu but don’t worry, the doctor says it isn’t the contagious kind.

I think dcg is feeling insecure because she isn’t the youngest anymore. (Dcg is 9 mths old)

I know dcg has been biting the other kids but I figure it’s not a problem because she doesn’t mean to hurt them on purpose.
This is some of the dumbest comments I have ever heard!! I do not know how you didn't bust out laughing in their faces. Not a contagious flu? I'm sorry but WTF! I'd be like yeah she still isn't coming to daycare.
gumdrops 05:07 AM 03-16-2018
DCM asked to drop kids off 15 min earlier than my first arrival. No problem because I need off 15 min early today, so I get it. They arrived 10 min after my first arrival, so 25 min late. Glad I rearranged getting my kids ready for school to help you out
MrsJ 05:59 AM 03-16-2018
All of this stuff: Nope. Get outta here

Um, no sun = vampire. Careful!
Times like this I would like a small mirror behind dcp so I can check to make sure my facial expressions don't scare them as they talk to me
HappyEverAfter 08:10 AM 03-16-2018
This is some of the dumbest comments I have ever heard!! I do not know how you didn't bust out laughing in their faces. Not a contagious flu? I'm sorry but WTF! I'd be like yeah she still isn't coming to daycare.
Trust me, dcg was NOT allowed to come, contagious or not. The dcg was NOT forced to sit on the porch and watch everyone play. Biting is NOT allowed and will always be corrected and stopped and ongoing biters will be terminated. Naps are NOT optional, even for kids who don’t want one. No child will ever be allowed to free roam throughout my house at anytime. I didn’t cave on any of these issues, just mentally laughed and rolled my eyes inside my head while I stood my ground on my policies and rules.
HappyEverAfter 08:12 AM 03-16-2018
Originally Posted by MrsJ:
All of this stuff: Nope. Get outta here

Um, no sun = vampire. Careful!
Times like this I would like a small mirror behind dcp so I can check to make sure my facial expressions don't scare them as they talk to me
Yeah, she was not forced to stay on the porch. That’s just ridiculous.
mamamanda 04:52 AM 03-19-2018
Oh. My. Word. We definitely have the Monday blues over here. Not even 8 am & I've got 2 & 3 yo boys sitting on opposite couches with a couple books each b/c they have fought for the last hour. We obviously can't play nicely together so we get to enjoy time by ourselves. I haven't had my coffee yet.
amberrose3dg 06:11 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
Oh. My. Word. We definitely have the Monday blues over here. Not even 8 am & I've got 2 & 3 yo boys sitting on opposite couches with a couple books each b/c they have fought for the last hour. We obviously can't play nicely together so we get to enjoy time by ourselves. I haven't had my coffee yet.
We are looking at a big snow storm starting late tonight. The worst of it will be starting around 7am or 8am. I have basically told parents if schools close i will. It is supposed to start right after everyone would arrive. I am sorry but I do not want to be stuck in a bad situation. Almost all of my parents are like oh we will be prepared to stay and work from home if it is bad in the morning. If you can work from home why not go ahead and do that. So they will make me tell them to stay home and have an attitude or they will drop off and then be really late because of all of the wrecks . 8 inches of snow in a few hours will make picking up quite difficult. It will be too early in the morning to determine how bad it is when its not supposed to be bad until later morning or early afternoon.
mamamanda 07:24 AM 03-19-2018
We are looking at a big snow storm starting late tonight. The worst of it will be starting around 7am or 8am. I have basically told parents if schools close i will. It is supposed to start right after everyone would arrive. I am sorry but I do not want to be stuck in a bad situation. Almost all of my parents are like oh we will be prepared to stay and work from home if it is bad in the morning. If you can work from home why not go ahead and do that. So they will make me tell them to stay home and have an attitude or they will drop off and then be really late because of all of the wrecks . 8 inches of snow in a few hours will make picking up quite difficult. It will be too early in the morning to determine how bad it is when its not supposed to be bad until later morning or early afternoon.
That sucks! I will never understand why parents put their providers in that position. It's supposed to get bad. Just stay home with your kids already.. Sorry you have to deal with that.
MomBoss 07:35 AM 03-19-2018
So in the afternoon, i take my kids outside (in the snow) from 3-4pm. At 4 we come inside to take our winter gear off and play til parents pick up. I have them come inside before parents pick up so the parent isnt spending 15min taking their kids snow stuff off and struggling with them (especially when i do it, it takes 10sec.) I like quick drop offs n pick ups. I hate when parents try to talk with me and distract me from watching the kids. I had a parent come in and say “You should be outside its so nice out”. First of all..we were. Second, this family has 2 kids n one is an infant. It already takes them 15 min to get their kids out my door, i dont want you to be here any longer because you have to undress your children out of their winter gear (they have to leave it here so they dont forget it the next day). And then get their going home coat on and whatever back on so you can leave. Third- I have parents pick up right at my closing. Again i would be working later than im suppose to if i stayed outside til all the kids left, it takes this one father 10min to leave because his kid (1yr) likes to playfully run away from him. Seriously just pick up your kid and go..
Imagine if he also had to undress his child.
It just bothers me when she said that becuase why does it matter WHEN we are outside? I told you we go outside everyday. Also, dont tell me what i should do and how i should do my job. Shes not the one who has to dress and undress 7 kids and clean up the daycare so i can go home!
Play Care 12:20 PM 03-19-2018
One of my dcb's always has a runny nose. He's 3 and I don't think he's had a dry nose since I've known him. He's upper lip is bright red from all the dried on snot.
Stressed&Obsessed 12:59 PM 03-19-2018
So random question.... Does anyone know how long the state has to investigate a complaint they have received??? I am concerned that one of my parents called in a complaint and just want to know when I will be out of the woods?
Blackcat31 01:50 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Stressed&Obsessed:
So random question.... Does anyone know how long the state has to investigate a complaint they have received??? I am concerned that one of my parents called in a complaint and just want to know when I will be out of the woods?
Depends on the nature of the complaint....

If it's something silly, they might just document it was reported and leave it at that.... if it's something more they might need to gather evidence or information before visiting.

I guess the best thing you can do for yourself is simply make sure you have all your t's crossed and your i's dotted and welcome them with open arms should anyone from licensing pop in. They can't catch you doing anything wrong if you aren't doing anything wrong.

Hang in there...I'm sure the stress of worrying is hard....
amberrose3dg 04:44 AM 03-20-2018
Depends on the nature of the complaint....

If it's something silly, they might just document it was reported and leave it at that.... if it's something more they might need to gather evidence or information before visiting.

I guess the best thing you can do for yourself is simply make sure you have all your t's crossed and your i's dotted and welcome them with open arms should anyone from licensing pop in. They can't catch you doing anything wrong if you aren't doing anything wrong.

Hang in there...I'm sure the stress of worrying is hard....
Bad snow storm approaching. all counties surrounding us closed. Kids get ready get on the bus then they decide to cancel school. Like really
Ac114 09:04 AM 03-20-2018
Had a 3.5 DCB start yesterday. So far, so good. He is fully potty trained which is great but he comes running out of the bathroom and this happens...

ME: did you wash your hands
DCB: no
ME: Do you know how to wash your hands?
DCB: No
Me: (goes into bathroom to help out) he looks completely confused as what he is suppose to do. So I asked if he washed his hands at home after using the bathroom.
DCB: No

😱😱😱😱 who are these parents that don’t teach basic hygiene like washing your hands?? We wash hands before and after every meal, after using the restroom, if I see you cough in your hand, if I see you wipe snot with your hand etc.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 05:07 PM 03-21-2018
15 month old sneezes with her back turned to me. Hand goes to face. So much snot that I can HEAR the squish before I can even get around her to see it. Is there an emoji for "I just threw up a little"?
amberrose3dg 05:11 AM 03-22-2018
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
15 month old sneezes with her back turned to me. Hand goes to face. So much snot that I can HEAR the squish before I can even get around her to see it. Is there an emoji for "I just threw up a little"?
When there is only one kid here out of 12 because of a snow storm. Wish I could of slept in.
MomBoss 05:27 AM 03-22-2018
When there is only one kid here out of 12 because of a snow storm. Wish I could of slept in.
This happens to me all the time. Its the same child. I even texted parent letting her know that noone else will be here..implying it would be a long day for both me and her child since her child relys heavily on playing with others and would probably be sad being the only one. She didnt care.
amberrose3dg 05:30 AM 03-22-2018
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
This happens to me all the time. Its the same child. I even texted parent letting her know that noone else will be here..implying it would be a long day for both me and her child since her child relys heavily on playing with others and would probably be sad being the only one. She didnt care.
Mine is an infant but hes been a pain the last 2 weeks or so. He is almost 9 months and is testing the boundaries of if i cry you will pick me up right?There is no school and he has high school age siblings. She looked at me shocked when I told her no one else is coming. 20 inches of snow and the roads are still icy/messy.Thank god I am off for 10 days in a week.
CeriBear 07:24 AM 03-22-2018
One of my 4 year olds has become an expert tattletale. He is always coming to me or my co-teacher telling us things to try and get other kids in trouble.

“R. is using his fingers to eat his green beans.”
“T. used more than 2 paper towels to dry her hands.”
“M. picked her nose on the playground.”
“K and R said potty words in the art center.”

I’ve tried explaining to my class when it is and isn’t okay to tell the teachers about the other children but this child seems to not get it. I know he’s only 4 but sometimes it drives me crazy.
Ac114 09:24 AM 03-22-2018
Had a DCM that enrolled her 2 girls to start next Monday text me that they are going a different route. Back at square one. Probably dodged a bullet considering she asked if they could come over (after the interview was done) to see how well everyone played together and I complied (even though I don’t do that sort of thing) and at the end of that so called play date she asked for another one. I said I didn’t have time in my schedule. I’m not hosting your family in the evenings to see if your girls adjust, I have a life.
Play Care 09:29 AM 03-23-2018
DCG comes in with a runny nose. The same runny nose that 4 of the other kids have. Mom tries to tell me it's teething.
amberrose3dg 09:37 AM 03-23-2018
Had a DCM that enrolled her 2 girls to start next Monday text me that they are going a different route. Back at square one. Probably dodged a bullet considering she asked if they could come over (after the interview was done) to see how well everyone played together and I complied (even though I don’t do that sort of thing) and at the end of that so called play date she asked for another one. I said I didn’t have time in my schedule. I’m not hosting your family in the evenings to see if your girls adjust, I have a life.
Ugh that is annoying but i bet you dodged a bullet.
amberrose3dg 09:39 AM 03-23-2018
DCG comes in with a runny nose. The same runny nose that 4 of the other kids have. Mom tries to tell me it's teething.
Why do parents think I am gonna cancel my trip because the school took most of spring break away? No I am not canceling my cruise. I am going to a tropical island to relax. You were given notice a long time ago. I have had 3 families over the last couple days ask.
Play Care 10:17 AM 03-23-2018
Why do parents think I am gonna cancel my trip because the school took most of spring break away? No I am not canceling my cruise. I am going to a tropical island to relax. You were given notice a long time ago. I have had 3 families over the last couple days ask.
Yup. When I've had time off in the past I've had a parent say "Well I have to work!" To which my reply is "well, I don't!" And even better "I'll be thinking of you at work while I'm relaxing on the beach!"
Ac114 10:47 AM 03-23-2018
What?!?! No, just no. I’ll send you pictures though 😂
amberrose3dg 12:16 PM 03-23-2018
Yup. When I've had time off in the past I've had a parent say "Well I have to work!" To which my reply is "well, I don't!" And even better "I'll be thinking of you at work while I'm relaxing on the beach!"
Right! Its like sorry my life does not revolve around your kids. I told you in January. Just because the school shortened spring break isn't my problem. I'll see you April 9th!
Explora 01:04 PM 03-23-2018
Gosh man. We had a great day, I had 4 staff meetings over 2 days, short morning meetings to make aure communication is clear, everyone is on the right page and towards the end of the day today, one of my fav fab parents arrived to a child
with a huge goose egg bump just above his eyebrow.

We have seesaws that can hold 4 kids and the dcb fell off of the middle section and then the seesaw with the kids came down on him. 🤦🏻*♀️🤦🏻*♀️

The parents walked in while we were applying ice. Gosh I feel awful. Cant stop crying, the dcb is turning 4 this year, so he can be rough. But this was an accident. Just cant shake it.
Baby Beluga 07:18 AM 03-26-2018
Holidays are listed in parent handbook (that parents re-sign every fall season and get a new copy)

Send out a (paper copy) list of those same holidays/closures at the beginning of the year.

Send out an email copy of the same list.

Put a reminder on the sign in/out binder and this morning I get "Is that this Friday?!"

Yes, DCM.

And so it begins...
amberrose3dg 08:51 AM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Holidays are listed in parent handbook (that parents re-sign every fall season and get a new copy)

Send out a (paper copy) list of those same holidays/closures at the beginning of the year.

Send out an email copy of the same list.

Put a reminder on the sign in/out binder and this morning I get "Is that this Friday?!"

Yes, DCM.

And so it begins...
RIGHT! Same here. Do I have to remind you every week 2 months ahead to plan for backup care?
Baby Beluga 10:09 AM 03-26-2018
RIGHT! Same here. Do I have to remind you every week 2 months ahead to plan for backup care?
Apparently

On a positive note, I had one DCM who dropped off this morning. Her child is not present on Fridays so Good Friday doesn't affect her. But she told me she went through my list of holidays/closures wrote them on her calendar and set reminders on her phone so she would remember.

I wanted to hug her.
amberrose3dg 03:48 AM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Apparently

On a positive note, I had one DCM who dropped off this morning. Her child is not present on Fridays so Good Friday doesn't affect her. But she told me she went through my list of holidays/closures wrote them on her calendar and set reminders on her phone so she would remember.

I wanted to hug her.
I think I am even more irritated with families that plan their vacations the week before mine and complain I am closed that week. You knew for months why did you not take it when I said I would be closed.
MomBoss 06:45 AM 03-27-2018

When i inteviewed this family last august, they said they may keep their child home or be part time in the summer because she is a teacher. I told them i dont have a part time rate, they would still have to pay the full rate whether their child was here or not. Thry said they totally understood and they were fine with that. Now that summer is approaching, they are talking about what they were going to do. They said part time but “you wouldnt be ok with a part time rate right”..... i said no. So they are going to talk about what to do. It pisses me off because i discussed this with them during their interview! I know they are going to pull him out and re enroll him at another daycare come fall. I should have seen this coming. Gah! Not what i needed right now!
amberrose3dg 08:51 AM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by MomBoss:

When i inteviewed this family last august, they said they may keep their child home or be part time in the summer because she is a teacher. I told them i dont have a part time rate, they would still have to pay the full rate whether their child was here or not. Thry said they totally understood and they were fine with that. Now that summer is approaching, they are talking about what they were going to do. They said part time but “you wouldnt be ok with a part time rate right”..... i said no. So they are going to talk about what to do. It pisses me off because i discussed this with them during their interview! I know they are going to pull him out and re enroll him at another daycare come fall. I should have seen this coming. Gah! Not what i needed right now!
They always change their minds after interviewing. I had those parents. They say they will keep them home when schools are closed too blah blah. Their kids end up being the only ones attending. Go ahead and start advertising for the space. If you find a good fit, fill it and then tell them sorry if they come back!
Febby 12:10 PM 03-27-2018
When reminded that she needs to bring formula tomorrow, "Could you text me in the morning so I don't forget?"

No, DCM, you are my first drop-off at 5:30AM. I am not sending you a text in the morning about something I've been reminding you about since yesterday.
Ac114 02:42 PM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by Febby:
When reminded that she needs to bring formula tomorrow, "Could you text me in the morning so I don't forget?"

No, DCM, you are my first drop-off at 5:30AM. I am not sending you a text in the morning about something I've been reminding you about since yesterday.
What?!?! It’s not my job to remind YOU as the parent what your child needs for childcare!
amberrose3dg 03:52 AM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by Febby:

UGH!
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 03:12 PM 03-28-2018
Finally got my non-napper on point. Cue my dck that normally sleeps 3 hours solid to stop napping at all! And because he is NEVER awake while the others are sleeping I'm having t train him to lie quietly still and rest.

Can't we all just get it together, together?!
Blackcat31 04:56 PM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
Finally got my non-napper on point. Cue my dck that normally sleeps 3 hours solid to stop napping at all! And because he is NEVER awake while the others are sleeping I'm having t train him to lie quietly still and rest.

Can't we all just get it together, together?!
Right?!?

It’s like everyday I think I’m being pranked or on Candid Camera...

All I want is one day, just one day where everybody sleeps well without having to resort to any ‘mean mommy’ looks or a raised voice.

Just one....

...... please.
Miss A 06:40 AM 03-29-2018
Not DC related -
We started in on a major home renovation last week, taking our huge downstairs bedroom down into 2 rooms. One side will be a first floor bathroom/laundry room, the other half our bedroom.

Because our home was built in 1903, there is ZERO insulation, and all electrical must be updated, as well as all new plumbing for the bathroom. But to do all of this we have to demo the room first. This means taking down layers of plaster board, ship lap, and lath and plaster. As we are doing all the work ourselves (nights/weekends), this project will take FOREVER!

We are sleeping in the upstairs guest bedroom on a perfectly good but smaller, almost new mattress. But it isn't my mattress, and I have been sleeping SO terribly this past week and a half. I am ready for this to be done just so I can have my own bed back!
amberrose3dg 09:15 AM 03-29-2018
Not DC related -
We started in on a major home renovation last week, taking our huge downstairs bedroom down into 2 rooms. One side will be a first floor bathroom/laundry room, the other half our bedroom.

Because our home was built in 1903, there is ZERO insulation, and all electrical must be updated, as well as all new plumbing for the bathroom. But to do all of this we have to demo the room first. This means taking down layers of plaster board, ship lap, and lath and plaster. As we are doing all the work ourselves (nights/weekends), this project will take FOREVER!

We are sleeping in the upstairs guest bedroom on a perfectly good but smaller, almost new mattress. But it isn't my mattress, and I have been sleeping SO terribly this past week and a half. I am ready for this to be done just so I can have my own bed back!
Today is my last day before being off for a wonderful 10 days and taking my kids on a cruise to the Caribbean for a week for spring break. These parents are really trying to test me. Everyone knows they need to pay me today or risk late fees for not doing so. Already excuses etc..
Anyways I had a parent drop off yesterday and say to their son (I wish I was joking) "here don't forget your ROCK!" She hands him a "f!@#$%^" rock to bring to daycare!Keep in mind this is a kid who hits her and slaps her etc.. He is extremely aggressive.(he isn't real aggressive here or he would be out) He does throw things from time to time.I mean you have got to be kidding me. I hand it back to her yesterday. Today comes and she hid the rock in his damn coat pocket! So now I gotta check his coat for things. My husband was here and he's like I'm throwing it away. If she asks for it , he lost it somewhere lol.You guys I'm trying real hard not to tell people off. I am seriously tempted to email her a term notice while I am gone.
Blackcat31 09:22 AM 03-29-2018
Today is my last day before being off for a wonderful 10 days and taking my kids on a cruise to the Caribbean for a week for spring break. These parents are really trying to test me. Everyone knows they need to pay me today or risk late fees for not doing so. Already excuses etc..
Anyways I had a parent drop off yesterday and say to their son (I wish I was joking) "here don't forget your ROCK!" She hands him a "f!@#$%^" rock to bring to daycare!Keep in mind this is a kid who hits her and slaps her etc.. He is extremely aggressive.(he isn't real aggressive here or he would be out) He does throw things from time to time.I mean you have got to be kidding me. I hand it back to her yesterday. Today comes and she hid the rock in his damn coat pocket! So now I gotta check his coat for things. My husband was here and he's like I'm throwing it away. If she asks for it , he lost it somewhere lol.You guys I'm trying real hard not to tell people off. I am seriously tempted to email her a term notice while I am gone.
I would.

Hiding something you have forbidden the child to have in care is a blatant "F you!" from her to you.

That kind of disrespect means immediate termination.

What kind of message is that sending her child?!?
Ac114 07:13 AM 03-30-2018
DCM came in laughing saying DCG (age 3) started new funny habit. DCG tells you to smell her hand which she just got done rubbing her hands in her pants. Parents think it’s hilarious. I find this repulsive.

Stop laughing (and encouraging) your child’s unsanitary and disgusting behavior.

😩😩😩😩
BumbleBee 08:06 AM 03-30-2018
Dcm who just doesn't understand why Dcb flaunts the rules so much is now blatantly flaunting the Head Start rules regarding homework.

But yeah, no correlation at all.
HappyEverAfter 08:56 AM 03-30-2018
So this isn’t a normal vent of frustration or annoyance, but of just plain sadness. I’m moving out of state and therefore closing my daycare. I won’t be doing daycare anymore because we’ve been told my husband’s new job will likely relocate us regularly. The past couple days I keep having these moments where the kids will do something adorable and knowing moments like that are numbered, my eyes just suddenly fill with tears and I have to step out of the room so the kids don’t see me upset. When I began doing daycare last July I had no idea how much I would become attached to these kids. I knew I’d enjoy having them here but had no idea the hold they would take on my heart. I do not have children of my own so honestly this quick bonding caught me by surprise. How in the world do you say goodbye to them? I have been trying to imagine how I’ll handle their last day as they get picked up and I close the door behind them and I can’t imagine being able to hold back the tears. It’s going to awful and I am so dreading it.
HappyEverAfter 08:58 AM 03-30-2018
DCM came in laughing saying DCG (age 3) started new funny habit. DCG tells you to smell her hand which she just got done rubbing her hands in her pants. Parents think it’s hilarious. I find this repulsive.

Stop laughing (and encouraging) your child’s unsanitary and disgusting behavior.

😩😩😩😩
Ewww! That is atrocious! Why would a parent find that funny??? When I had a dck suddenly wanting to explore down her pants with her hands, she got a onesie put over her clothes so she couldn’t reach in there anymore. Took a week or so and then the habit was broken.
Ac114 10:06 AM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by HappyEverAfter:
Ewww! That is atrocious! Why would a parent find that funny??? When I had a dck suddenly wanting to explore down her pants with her hands, she got a onesie put over her clothes so she couldn’t reach in there anymore. Took a week or so and then the habit was broken.
Do they even make onesies for 3 year olds? It just makes me gag. I do not want to know your hands were down your pants and then you are touching everything. Just No.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53  ... Last
Reply Up