Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Wear During Daycare Hours?
BrynleeJean 03:58 PM 03-30-2018
? I've heard some wear scrubs, but some think its not professional enough? I'm looking to dress myself and employees(2) similar or kinda uniform to look professional.

i never wore PJs and wearing my best clothes just wasn't my thing because of all the boogers and mess, i may have had to change mid day because of projectile vomiting babies, or blowouts, yet comfy sweats doesn't scream professionalism lol
hwichlaz 04:23 PM 03-30-2018
I wore pediatric print scrubs for a while..but umm....I got fat because you don’t notice yourself gaining weight in them.

So now I wear stretchy denim jeans or khakis and polo shirts.
Josiegirl 04:48 PM 03-30-2018
Jeans, sweatshirts, sweaters, tees. That's what I live in anyways.
knoxmomof2 04:58 PM 03-30-2018
Tees and jean capris/ yoga capris
storybookending 05:25 PM 03-30-2018
I don’t have special daycare clothes, or employees, but in the colder months I live in yoga pants and in the warmer months I wear the athletic type shorts with built in spandex just to make sure I’m covered as I spend most of my day on the floor playing with the kiddos. For tops I just wear tshirts or lined sleeved shirts sometimes with a zip up jacket of some sort.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 05:27 PM 03-30-2018
I lived in floor length knit skirts and tees this winter. Comfy as sweats, but looked like I kinda tried to get dressed . Come summer it will be capris and tees . I worked in the medical field and wore scrubs for a long time, I don't like bringing that feel to everyday wear. I think the same of uniforms in daycare... it just seems sterile.
racemom 06:37 PM 03-30-2018
We have t-shirts with the daycare name/logo printed on them. Different colors for the days of the week, so we all match each day.
Jdy2222 07:04 PM 03-30-2018
Great question. I used to get up in the morning and decide that I was going to make extra effort to look presentable. And I did. And then within 15 minutes I'm covered in snot, spit up, drool, food, etc. Now I stick to shorts and tees, and a ponytail.
Febby 09:03 PM 03-30-2018
Jeans and t-shirts, mainly. Sometimes sweaters. I can't stand scrubs.

I've been at a couple centers that had us wear center t-shirts.
Blackcat31 08:48 AM 03-31-2018
Regular clothing.
I’m a jeans/khaki and T-shirt type girl....Casual but presentable.
I don’t wear yoga pants or pj’s for work. Ever.
I despise yoga pants worn outside of yoga class.
I’ve been both fat and thin and don’t buy the “need” to wear them for movement etc...(sorry if this offends those who do wear them). It’s just not acceptable to me personally.
I also don’t understand how so many providers are covered in so much “kid stuff” as that’s just never been an issue for me... lol!
Unregistered 08:58 AM 03-31-2018
We wear shirts that have our logo on them plus scrub tops that button with our name on them
ColorfulSunburst 10:31 AM 03-31-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Regular clothing.
I’ve been both fat and thin and don’t buy the “need” to wear them for movement etc...(sorry if this offends those who do wear them). It’s just not acceptable to me personally.
I also don’t understand how so many providers are covered in so much “kid stuff” as that’s just never been an issue for me... lol!
Blackcat, you outspoken 100% of my thoughts on this topic.
e.j. 10:35 AM 03-31-2018
In colder weather, I wear jeans and a casual top with a sweater. In warmer weather, I wear capris jeans with a casual top.

I wish I could say I didn't understand having "kid stuff" all over me. Unfortunately, I understand it all to well. Just this past week, I had three kids using my shoulders and sleeves as a Kleenex. Yuck!
BrynleeJean 02:32 PM 03-31-2018
Not that i have kid stuff on accidents all over me every, but that when or if they do i don't wanna be in my clothes.
And even if they don't happen I have this i guess germaphobe way of thinking? just like that movie Contagion when i swear i can just SEE the germs. I'm the type of person that doesn't invest a lot into my wardrobe and would like to not have my decent stuff worn because of constant wash in the washer if that makes sense. i hardly buy.

A uniform shirt with logo i provide and asking for everyone to wear maybe khakis or jean material sounds decent.
I don't think yoga pants is going to make my uniform
MomBoss 02:48 PM 03-31-2018
Yoga pants and a tshirt. Ive had a lot of bodily fluids on me over the years, its not worth ruining my nice clothes. What i wear doesnt determine how good of job i do. I work with kids, people should understand.
Plus, i want to be comfortable getting messy and on the ground with the kids
lovemydaycare0912 03:01 PM 03-31-2018
I wear either our lime green daycare t shirts I made on Teespring (which I do not recommend) or black t shirts I ordered in bulk from a website. For pants, I wear jeans.
Jdy2222 03:28 PM 03-31-2018
Regular clothing.
Most of my kids are under 2 (five of them) ... one rubs her face on everything (me) when she's tired and having a runny nose makes her even more tired and rubby, two still on baby food - my problem is opening those dang containers not the mess the kids make, one with allergies who will unexpectedly vomit profusely if fed the wrong thing (at 16 mo. we haven't discovered all the wrong things but we're learning fast), 3 who spit up, the breastfed baby left care recently but she got me with her exploding diapers more than once, months of runny noses being passed around ... so that's what I risk being covered in. Not daily, but enough to never be surprised.
Blackcat31 03:50 PM 03-31-2018
I have 4 kids under 2 yrs old and 6 kids that are 2-5 yrs old.
I play on the floor, hold and snuggle kids regularly etc

My meal and snack times are family style and without sippy cups or cups with lids. I live in MN where it’s winter (colds, coughs and runny noses) 9 months out of the year.

I don’t know and can’t say why I don’t have an issue with body fluids and/or “kid stuff” but it’s just never been a big enough issue that it’s ruined any of my clothing.

Like I said in my original post, I mean no offense to anyone but personally I just don’t like yoga pants as regular clothing and I don’t have that much “ick” getting on me daily that I can’t wear my normal everyday clothes.

I’ve been in business for over 20 years and have never ruined an article of clothing due to work stuff. Lucky or careful....I don’t know but it just hasn’t happened...I even keep a change of clothing at my daycare just in case but so far I’ve never needed it.

I also think it has a lot to do with what “normal clothes” or nice clothing means to you.... I live in an area where outdoor activities are a common part of life so maybe the clothing and styles here match that... for example, I buy a lot of my clothing from Eddie Bauer and most their stuff is SUPER durable, stain resistant and easily washable.
Unregistered 04:57 PM 03-31-2018
Yoga pants and tshirts
Jupadia 07:25 PM 03-31-2018
Capriles and tees during the summer.
Jean's or yoga pants with tees or sweaters during colder months. (Never use to do the yoga pants but when I was pregnant with my youngest by the end they were the only mat pant I had that fit. Ended up buying some in regular sized cause I loved them so much.
Unregistered 03:43 AM 04-01-2018
Jeans, khakis, corduroys and nice tops and a sweater in winter. Capris and women's t's or a nice top for summer. Nice tops to me are cotton & comfy but stylish. I want to look professional.

I've taught in a 1/2 day preschool, kindergarten and Head start. They all required business dress casual. I've worn dress pants that never got ruined. With the advent of washable paint and markers years ago the possibility of running anything vanished. Snot tho gross never ruined my clothes!

I wear yoga pants 👖 or exercise pants about once a month. I begin the day feeling comfy and cozy and by the end of the day I feel like I've been in my pajamas all day and it feels gross!!!

I hate scrubs!
BumbleBee 10:02 AM 04-01-2018
Jeans, tshirt, zip up sweater.
nanglgrl 11:02 AM 04-03-2018
Sometimes a backwards T-shirt or leggings. I usually don’t figure it out until half-way through the day.
AmyKidsCo 01:09 PM 04-03-2018
I used to wear jeans, tees and sweatshirts. Now I wear leggings/long tops when it's cool and shorts/tees in the summer.
Ariana 01:27 PM 04-03-2018
I wear yoga pants and casual pants. My yoga pants are black, blue and maroon and look like casual pants because they are not tight at all! I hate wearing jeans but have a pair of jeggings that I sometimes wear. I also wear leggings and tunics.

I find it really difficult to find casual pants besides yoga pants. I used to be able to find cargo pants and relaxed khaki’s for women but they don’t seem to exist anymore.
DaveA 03:36 AM 04-04-2018
Jeans or jean/ khaki shorts and a button up shirt
MomBoss 05:08 AM 04-04-2018
What kind of shorts do you wear in the summer? I didnt wear shorts the first two summers because i didnt want to seem inappropriate. I am young in this business and worried about how it looked. But its brutal wearing pants outside when its so hot. Im having a hard time finding shorts that are not too short but still above the knee..
Miss A 05:50 AM 04-04-2018
I alternate between jeans and tees/LS tees, or LulaRoe leggings and Irmas during spring, fall, and winter. In the summer I usually wear Capris or longer shorts and tees.
Blackcat31 05:58 AM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
What kind of shorts do you wear in the summer? I didnt wear shorts the first two summers because i didnt want to seem inappropriate. I am young in this business and worried about how it looked. But its brutal wearing pants outside when its so hot. Im having a hard time finding shorts that are not too short but still above the knee..
I wear longer style shorts... I don't think short shorts are appropriate at work (and definitely not for my age..lol!) so I buy the longer style ones. I'm short so some of the mid-length shorts are long for me but I tend to stick to one style for work.

Usually cargo style with side pockets...like this

I love capri pants too but even they get hot in the humid summers here.
Snowmom 07:19 AM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
Sometimes a backwards T-shirt or leggings. I usually don’t figure it out until half-way through the day.

I just did that yesterday. I didn't realize it until the end of the day!

I usually wear leggings with T-shirt and a thin cardigan type shirt.
I looked into buying logo polo shirts before. The best deals were at Vistaprint. I didn't end up buying them, so I can't attest to the quality of the shirts. But I have bought logo bags from there and they've lasted quite well.
Cat Herder 07:41 AM 04-04-2018
Jeans, khakis, full-length shorts, soft tops with modest necklines (for 2 reasons ) and A-line summer dresses with bike shorts.

I don't do leggings or yoga pants because I feel undressed in them. I ruin my favorite shirts often with bleach and wear holes just above the belly button where I lean against the diaper changing table/kitchen sink while changing kids, sanitizing toys and doing dishes.
Unregistered 08:38 AM 04-04-2018
I find longer shorts at target.com. Not usually available in store. Lots of sales too.
Cat Herder 08:59 AM 04-04-2018
https://www.macys.com/shop/product/c...~xcm_pos~zPos1

The Mid-Rise Twill Shorts I love are on sale at Macy's for under $30 right now. They go fast.
Baby Beluga 09:01 AM 04-04-2018
Casual black pants, tops and a cardigan when needed.

The pants I wear are advertised as "athletic pants" but they look just like black dress pants. Even a DCM of mine who is a teacher asked where I get them because she wanted some to wear to work herself. I also get them tailored to fit me properly...proper length and proper fit. Not too tight, not too loose.

I don't wear regular T-shirts. 1) because I don't like how they look, I am plus size and woven more structured tops work better for me and 2) I want to feel professional while working.
Ariana 10:54 AM 04-04-2018
In summer I have a couple pairs like BC posted and different colour capri leggings. I found a really comfy tunic T-shirt I love because it is moisture wicking so I bought a bunch of different colours.

I also wear sundresses with leggings underneath or long maxi dresses. This year I bought a pair of sweatpant type shorts which I will wear with t-shirts as well. Shorts are always bermuda length!
Meeko 11:31 AM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:

The pants I wear are advertised as "athletic pants" but they look just like black dress pants. Even a DCM of mine who is a teacher asked where I get them because she wanted some to wear to work herself. I also get them tailored to fit me properly...proper length and proper fit. Not too tight, not too loose.

I don't wear regular T-shirts. 1) because I don't like how they look, I am plus size and woven more structured tops work better for me and 2) I want to feel professional while working.
Me exactly
Unregistered 04:03 PM 04-04-2018
Regular clothing.
How in the world do you care and play with kids and babies at their level, interacting with them and stay clean? Do you not come in contact with them or touch them at all? I always have "kid stuff " on me. I am ok with it, it is part of the job.
HappyEverAfter 06:01 PM 04-04-2018
I’ve always worn athletic type clothes like t shirts, sweatshirts with Nike shorts or pants. I do always wash/blow dry my hair and wear makeup so that I’m presentable even though I’m super casual. I have 4 kids under the age of two so I’m usually on the floor with kids in arms and hanging all over me so I found myself not comfortable in jeans or khakis as I was always pulling and tugging on my pants whereas the stretchy, athletic pants and shorts just moved better with me.
Blackcat31 05:55 AM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
How in the world do you care and play with kids and babies at their level, interacting with them and stay clean? Do you not come in contact with them or touch them at all? I always have "kid stuff " on me. I am ok with it, it is part of the job.
Other than drool, what kind of "kid stuff" are you referring to?

Snot? I have a really strict illness policy.
If a child isn't capable of caring for their runny nose, they are excluded from care.
No snot here.

Food/drink? We eat and drink at the table only.
No opportunity for food ick to be anywhere other than the table.

Poo/pee? It's been a reeeaaalllllyyy long time since I've had a child that has diapers that leak enough to get any on me.

So I don't know...the kids sit on my lap, sit next to me, give me hugs, we do yoga together, we high five etc.... and even with all that physical interaction I still don't get any "kid stuff" on me.....at least nothing that warrants altering my wardrobe because of it.

What type of "kid stuff" do you get on you?
Rockgirl 06:05 AM 04-05-2018

If a child isn't capable of caring for their runny nose, they are excluded from care.
No snot here.

Poo/pee? It's been a reeeaaalllllyyy long time since I've had a child that has diapers that leak enough to get any on me.

So I don't know...the kids sit on my lap, sit next to me, give me hugs, we do yoga together, we high five etc.... and even with all that physical interaction I still don't get any "kid stuff" on me.....at least nothing that warrants altering my wardrobe because of it.

Pretty much the same with me. When my grandson was an infant, he spit up a large amount a couple of times, to the point of me changing my shirt. Other than that, not much messy stuff.

I stay on top of runny noses, and we wash hands/faces with washcloths before leaving the table after eating.
Unregistered 06:07 AM 04-05-2018

No snot here.

So, you have 10 kids enrolled with a strict illness policy that excludes runny noses? None of your kids have runny noses? That is interesting. If they do you exclude? You must have low attendance then. I could never exclude for just "snot". I would make no money. I have been providing child care for over 20 years. "Snot" is pretty standard. And it certainly gets on my clothes because for as long as I have been doing this little toddlers are not real sanitary.
Rockgirl 06:13 AM 04-05-2018
So, you have 10 kids enrolled with a strict illness policy that excludes runny noses? None of your kids have runny noses? That is interesting. If they do you exclude? You must have low attendance then. I could never exclude for just "snot". I would make no money. I have been providing child care for over 20 years. "Snot" is pretty standard. And it certainly gets on my clothes because for as long as I have been doing this little toddlers are not real sanitary.
Isn’t it great that we can each do what works for us and our daycare families? That’s one of the great things about being a business owner.
Blackcat31 06:23 AM 04-05-2018
Doesn't seem all that odd to me....
Especially since another poster just said the same thing.

As for my strict illness policy... you must have just glanced at what I said... I didn't say anything about exclusion for runny noses..... I said I have a strict policy but I didn't say I excluded all kids with runny noses.

My income has nothing to do with attendance so even if I had "low attendance" it wouldn't effect my finances.

FWIW though my attendance isn't low.... I believe the foundation to good health (both physical and emotional) is good sleep, healthy foods and plenty of exercise. Those 3 things do more for keeping common colds/illnesses away than all the medication in the country do... Most my clients believe the same thing...

My toddlers are very sanitary. They are skilled with utensils and cups without lids. They are taught very early on to use a tissue or get an adult to help if necessary. I agree that kids are messy but they don't have to be.

I don't know why that's interesting but there ya go.
That's how I roll.... No snot or "kid stuff" messing up my clothing. Been that way for over 20 years here too... I guess I've just learned over time how to avoid "kid stuff" and not accept it as a "standard" part of the job.
Pestle 06:55 AM 04-05-2018
Wrangler cargo pants (pockets! heavy canvas that doesn't rip the third time I wear them!) and quality thick, solid-colored tee shirts (I love the Eddie Bauer shirts--get them off thredup.com). And drool. So much drool. Noses get wiped as they run. Most of the mess comes from weeding during outdoor play. Socks in the house and soft-soled leather moccasins if my feet are freezing; sneakers outside.

I've been known to wear overalls and I put my hair into braided pigtails when I care enough to do anything other than tying it back, so I describe myself as "Wednesday Addams meets Jed Clampett." I'm in Tennessee so I figure I can get away with it. My day care families all wear scrubs, athletic clothing, or durable clothing for manual labor; the only person who shows up spiffy is in his police uniform. One thing I've loved about my career change is not having to wear impractical synthetics and foot-destroying shoes to meet a company's creepy beauty standard. Business casual? Never again.
Unregistered 08:17 AM 04-05-2018
Doesn't seem all that odd to me....
Especially since another poster just said the same thing.

As for my strict illness policy... you must have just glanced at what I said... I didn't say anything about exclusion for runny noses..... I said I have a strict policy but I didn't say I excluded all kids with runny noses.

My income has nothing to do with attendance so even if I had "low attendance" it wouldn't effect my finances.

FWIW though my attendance isn't low.... I believe the foundation to good health (both physical and emotional) is good sleep, healthy foods and plenty of exercise. Those 3 things do more for keeping common colds/illnesses away than all the medication in the country do... Most my clients believe the same thing...

My toddlers are very sanitary. They are skilled with utensils and cups without lids. They are taught very early on to use a tissue or get an adult to help if necessary. I agree that kids are messy but they don't have to be.

I don't know why that's interesting but there ya go.
That's how I roll.... No snot or "kid stuff" messing up my clothing. Been that way for over 20 years here too... I guess I've just learned over time how to avoid "kid stuff" and not accept it as a "standard" part of the job.
You said " No snot here" And you avoid "kid stuff" Do you care for human kids? Because the reality is little toddlers have snot and are not capable of always containing it. They also get sticky and play in dirt. At least on planet Earth. Maybe I missing something here? Also you exclude for snot and still get paid? Wow, too good to be true. I must have this daycare thing all wrong.
Blackcat31 08:44 AM 04-05-2018
You said " No snot here" And you avoid "kid stuff" Do you care for human kids? Because the reality is little toddlers have snot and are not capable of always containing it. They also get sticky and play in dirt. At least on planet Earth. Maybe I missing something here? Also you exclude for snot and still get paid? Wow, too good to be true. I must have this daycare thing all wrong.
When I said "no snot" I meant ON me.

I do exclude kids that have excessive runny noses AND aren't capable of managing it on their own. Those kids that have runny noses and can use a tissue and not get it all over aren't excluded. I don't find any of that odd.

Do I care for human kids? Are you seriously asking or are you being facetious because I am not understanding why my response or anything I've said is out of the ordinary...

I know full well what activities create dirty or sticky toddlers... It's easy to not get it on me....I just don't do a lot of hugging and snuggling when we're outside playing in the dirt.

Oh, and excluding for illness (snot) and still getting paid.... Yes! I exclude for all sorts of things and I still get paid.

That's not an odd concept either... most providers I know and many on this board do the same. Rates are based on enrollment not on attendance or time used so yes, I am paid for 52 weeks a year but I only work about 48 of them.

I had this daycare thing all wrong before too but thankfully, I figured it out!
Unregistered 08:59 AM 04-05-2018
When I said "no snot" I meant ON me.

I do exclude kids that have excessive runny noses AND aren't capable of managing it on their own. Those kids that have runny noses and can use a tissue and not get it all over aren't excluded. I don't find any of that odd.

Do I care for human kids? Are you seriously asking or are you being facetious because I am not understanding why my response or anything I've said is out of the ordinary...

I know full well what activities create dirty or sticky toddlers... It's easy to not get it on me....I just don't do a lot of hugging and snuggling when we're outside playing in the dirt.

Oh, and excluding for illness (snot) and still getting paid.... Yes! I exclude for all sorts of things and I still get paid.

That's not an odd concept either... most providers I know and many on this board do the same. Rates are based on enrollment not on attendance or time used so yes, I am paid for 52 weeks a year but I only work about 48 of them.

I had this daycare thing all wrong before too but thankfully, I figured it out!
Sounds like you're running a military boot camp. You seem to think you know everything. Awesome.
Pestle 09:10 AM 04-05-2018
Sounds like you're running a military boot camp. You seem to think you know everything. Awesome.
Good; you've been paying attention! You've found your way to the official website of the Temple of Blackcat, who does, in fact, know everything. All draw near to the Oracle, who dispenses her wisdom to the faithful. At the other end of the cella you'll see a statue erected to Cat Herder, our other Goddess of Daycare Wisdom. If you spend many years in the Cult of Daycare, the heavens may open and you'll hear the words of the exalted Nannyde. We recommend you tonsure yourself and take a vow of poverty if Nannyde smiles upon you; eunuchizing yourself to join her court on Mount Olympus is optional but strongly suggested.

Please take a moment to leave a small token (cash or eviscerated pigeons are preferred) on the altar in front of the deity of your choice. Blessings will follow!
Blackcat31 09:10 AM 04-05-2018
Hmm, military boot camp? You came to that conclusion just because I don't get "kid stuff" on me?

I do not think I know everything.... I learn new things every single day!! I learn from veteran providers, new providers and any provider that does things differently than I do.

I'm fairly confident that no one knows everything but I am not ashamed to say I know a lot about what works for me, my business and my clients.

I am confident in my policies and practices as I've learned from making many mistakes how to do things differently the next time around.

I do find it somewhat amusing though that other posters often times get snarky, defensive or offended by how I do things in my world.

Child care is an ever evolving business and growing and adapting to that change is constant.
Unregistered 10:00 AM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Pestle:
Good; you've been paying attention! You've found your way to the official website of the Temple of Blackcat, who does, in fact, know everything. All draw near to the Oracle, who dispenses her wisdom to the faithful. At the other end of the cella you'll see a statue erected to Cat Herder, our other Goddess of Daycare Wisdom. If you spend many years in the Cult of Daycare, the heavens may open and you'll hear the words of the exalted Nannyde. We recommend you tonsure yourself and take a vow of poverty if Nannyde smiles upon you; eunuchizing yourself to join her court on Mount Olympus is optional but strongly suggested.

Please take a moment to leave a small token (cash or eviscerated pigeons are preferred) on the altar in front of the deity of your choice. Blessings will follow!
You must smoke crack.....either that or you have a really vivid imagination.
Unregistered 10:05 AM 04-05-2018
Hmm, military boot camp? You came to that conclusion just because I don't get "kid stuff" on me?

I do not think I know everything.... I learn new things every single day!! I learn from veteran providers, new providers and any provider that does things differently than I do.

I'm fairly confident that no one knows everything but I am not ashamed to say I know a lot about what works for me, my business and my clients.

I am confident in my policies and practices as I've learned from making many mistakes how to do things differently the next time around.

I do find it somewhat amusing though that other posters often times get snarky, defensive or offended by how I do things in my world.

Child care is an ever evolving business and growing and adapting to that change is constant.
YOU are the only person that is "snarky" here. I am not in anyway offended by how you do things in your world. You just come off as a know it all. Get over yourself.
Blackcat31 10:14 AM 04-05-2018
YOU are the only person that is "snarky" here. I am not in anyway offended by how you do things in your world. You just come off as a know it all. Get over yourself.
To each their own.

I am not the one that keeps quoting everything I've said.

For some reason what I post seems to be offending you as you are the one accusing me of running a military boot camp, not caring for humans, being on another planet and knowing it all.

I said nothing personal to you or about you as a person or provider so tell me again who it is that is snarky and offended?
mamamanda 10:30 AM 04-05-2018
Anyone else notice it's always an unregistered poster that wants to get snarky with other providers? Just noticing...
Rockgirl 10:34 AM 04-05-2018
BC, I’m appalled that you’d make such an outlandish statement such as, “I don’t get covered in kid gunk.”
Unregistered 10:41 AM 04-05-2018
To each their own.

I am not the one that keeps quoting everything I've said.

For some reason what I post seems to be offending you as you are the one accusing me of running a military boot camp, not caring for humans, being on another planet and knowing it all.

I said nothing personal to you or about you as a person or provider so tell me again who it is that is snarky and offended?
You are puuuurrrrfect black cat....must be the only acceptable thing to say to a person of such superior knowledge in child care.
daycarediva 11:03 AM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:

Soooo....link me to these pants, please!

I'm pretty casual. I wear work out clothes, track pants and t-****s, jeans and t-****s. Yoga pants, leggings and tunic tops.

My t-shirts are "kid cool" dinos, space, character. Kids love it. I did uniform shirts and hated it. Felt sterile.

I look presentable (hair up or done, minimal makeup)

I have a 'work wardrobe' and a 'non work wardrobe'
Blackcat31 11:07 AM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
BC, I’m appalled that you’d make such an outlandish statement such as, “I don’t get covered in kid gunk.”
Right?! I'm beginning to think I'm some sort of "special"

You are puuuurrrrfect black cat....must be the only acceptable thing to say to a person of such superior knowledge in child care.
Thank you but accolades are not necessary. My self-worth comes from within so no need for such kindness.
Also, I've already explained that I don't know everything but it sure is nice to know that someone thinks that highly of me.

Unregistered 11:24 AM 04-05-2018
Right?! I'm beginning to think I'm some sort of "special"

Thank you but accolades are not necessary. My self-worth comes from within so no need for such kindness.
Also, I've already explained that I don't know everything but it sure is nice to know that someone thinks that highly of me.

I don't think highly of you. Again, get over yourself. You are not a nuclear physicist. You take care of kids like all of us here. Stop acting all high and mighty.
Blackcat31 11:47 AM 04-05-2018
I don't think highly of you.
Clearly you do

Again, get over yourself. You are not a nuclear physicist.
Fact!
I am not a nuclear physicist... but I know someone who really is! Does that count?

You take care of kids like all of us here. Stop acting all high and mighty.
Another fact!
I do take care of kids just like everyone else but somehow I manage to do that without getting “kid stuff” all over me.... if you think that makes me high and mighty that’s on you not me.

I’m good at a lot of things but controlling what others think about me isn’t one of them.

As my grandma used to say “Other people’s opinion of you is none of your business” so what you think of me isn’t really my concern.

Truly hoping you have a wonderful afternoon! It’s been fun!
mamamanda 11:48 AM 04-05-2018
I don't think highly of you. Again, get over yourself. You are not a nuclear physicist. You take care of kids like all of us here. Stop acting all high and mighty.
I'm pretty sure black cats comments were of a satirical nature. I'm also pretty sure I would never be comfortable leaving my children with someone who appears to be so angry over something as simple as a difference of opinion on whether or not you should allow children to wipe goo all over you during the day. It's quite petty to keep this going. You are rude & obviously intent on trolling this thread. Black cat is an excellent provider. Probably the best one here. However she doesn't need to be told that b/c she's secure enough to not allow your sense of impropriety to affect her self esteem. You're allowed to disagree. But if your desire is to provide children with excellent care you should probably take a lesson in kindness & human ettiquette. I wish you the best in your childcare ventures. That was said in genuine sincerity, not with sarcasm. But please quit stirring the pot. This community is about helping each other, not tearing others down. I'm sure we'd love to have you register & join us if you'd like to do the same.
nannyde 12:47 PM 04-05-2018

Lmfao

snot free here too although I have had one projectile puke in my hair once. Does that count?
Unregistered 12:48 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
I'm pretty sure black cats comments were of a satirical nature. I'm also pretty sure I would never be comfortable leaving my children with someone who appears to be so angry over something as simple as a difference of opinion on whether or not you should allow children to wipe goo all over you during the day. It's quite petty to keep this going. You are rude & obviously intent on trolling this thread. Black cat is an excellent provider. Probably the best one here. However she doesn't need to be told that b/c she's secure enough to not allow your sense of impropriety to affect her self esteem. You're allowed to disagree. But if your desire is to provide children with excellent care you should probably take a lesson in kindness & human ettiquette. I wish you the best in your childcare ventures. That was said in genuine sincerity, not with sarcasm. But please quit stirring the pot. This community is about helping each other, not tearing others down. I'm sure we'd love to have you register & join us if you'd like to do the same.
Calling people rude and telling them they need specific classes is rude. Maybe you should check yourself. I am not trolling here. I have found this forum extremely helpful. I just think certain people think they and only they are right about everything. I hate people that seem to think they know it all.
Unregistered 12:49 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by nannyde:

Lmfao

snot free here too although I have had one projectile puke in my hair once. Does that count?
Oh good, the other god has spoken.
Rockgirl 12:52 PM 04-05-2018
Maybe we should stop feeding it.
Unregistered 01:06 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Maybe we should stop feeding it.
Yes, please stop feeding me. I don't want to become lazy, obese and obviously bored like all those that have added to this.
nannyde 01:37 PM 04-05-2018
It's Goddess or the "All powerful ALL knowing Nannyde". Whatever you prefer.

Now we have that straight, could you answer my hair puke question? If it doesn't count, I will have to go with blackcat on this one.

Seriously I don't get dirty from the kids. The knees of my pants wear out from sitting on my feet on the floor but I don't have any other daycare clothing problems because of the kids bodily fluids or dirt.

I must be a master at wearing burp cloths and snot wiping from afar. My mad skillz are madder than I give myself credit for.

This thread went left quick like. There are a lot of clothing threads in the awesome archives here. I can't think of one that went bonks like this one.
Meeko 08:38 PM 04-05-2018
Actually this has been a fun read.

Except the part where BC said she didn't like broccoli. I am seriously going to have to consider if I ever talk to her again......
Meeko 08:48 PM 04-05-2018
Life for poor Unregistered......
Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (9.1 KB) 
Pestle 05:01 AM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by Meeko:

When I first started out, there was a changing disaster one day and I learned how quickly I can strip out of my pants. Findings: Slightly slower than poop soaks through denim.
MomBoss 05:18 AM 04-06-2018
I care for a lot of little ones 2 and under and most recently the infant likes to crawl over , climb on me, and put her mouth on me..leaving a nice circle of slobber
I also have some major droolers and if im holding them, a fountain of drool usually lands on me. Its quite gross actually..
Snot does not get on me because i wont pick up a child or let a child near me/ sit on me who has snot on their face, i wipe their nose first.
I have yoga pants that are not tight, they flare at the bottom and could probably pass as dress pants. I dont like my clothes feeling tight or restricted when i play with kids or on the ground. But i have never liked the feel of jeans, some people find them super comfortable..i cant stand them. I am also 9 months pregnant and couldnt care less if the parents dont like what im wearing
And honestly my group of parents dont dress any better...one mom even apologizes for how she looks lol.
Miss A 06:48 AM 04-06-2018

When I first started out, there was a changing disaster one day and I learned how quickly I can strip out of my pants. Findings: Slightly slower than poop soaks through denim.
Back in my center days we had a breast milk baby who I was feeding/rocking. She has a massive blowout while eating all over herself and me. It was up her back and out the neck hold of her shirt, out the legs of her pants, just everywhere. I had to get her cleaned up before I could help myself, and even then I had to wait for the center director to come into my room and take over care long enough for me to get to my locker to change my clothes. Spending 30+ minutes covered in someone else's BM was probably the worst daycare experience I have had!
MomBoss 07:00 AM 04-06-2018
My worst experience was when i worked at a center and a child fell and hit his face. My reaction was to pick him up and comfort him...not realizing he was having a massive bloody nose all over my neck/shoulder. Blood is worse considering we had no right to know of the kids have any diseases...so i freaked out and threw bleach all over where the blood was on my clothes and rubbed my skin with bleach. The best i could do was take off my shirt and bra and wear my winter coat the rest of the day. No way was i going to wear someone elses blood on me all day. So in that situation...my clothes were deff ruined.
Cat Herder 07:08 AM 04-06-2018
Wet, sticky, not mine = BSI.

https://quizlet.com/25337939/bsi-bod...n-flash-cards/
Josiegirl 10:31 AM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Wet, sticky, not mine = BSI.

https://quizlet.com/25337939/bsi-bod...n-flash-cards/
Is this a Cards Against Humanity link?
Cat Herder 10:53 AM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Is this a Cards Against Humanity link?
Nope. An actual training link for Body Substance Isolation.

My kids have talked about Cards Against Humanity. Guess I need to check it out?
Pestle 11:17 AM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Nope. An actual training link for Body Substance Isolation.

My kids have talked about Cards Against Humanity. Guess I need to check it out?
Naaaah. I completely agree with this article on it. Don't forget to look at the images.

We play Funemployed, which is a PG-13 game appropriate for middle schoolers and up.
Cat Herder 11:35 AM 04-06-2018
Got it. Makes sense. My "kids" (young adults) mentioned it being an instagram thing, now I see why. No one wants evidence for future employers.

I did not know there was actually a physical game.
Unregistered 12:33 PM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Not quite understanding what that is suppose to mean.
Ariana 03:48 PM 04-06-2018
My worst experience was when i worked at a center and a child fell and hit his face. My reaction was to pick him up and comfort him...not realizing he was having a massive bloody nose all over my neck/shoulder. Blood is worse considering we had no right to know of the kids have any diseases...so i freaked out and threw bleach all over where the blood was on my clothes and rubbed my skin with bleach. The best i could do was take off my shirt and bra and wear my winter coat the rest of the day. No way was i going to wear someone elses blood on me all day. So in that situation...my clothes were deff ruined.
In my centre we had a right to know which diseases the kids had but not which specific kid had it. One of the kids had Hep C so there were gloves everywhere and my first instinct was always gloves gloves gloves!! So scary!

Another good reason to not get kid gunk on you is Cytomegalovirus which comes from tears and urine. It can cause birth defects in pregnant women.
Baby Beluga 03:51 PM 04-06-2018
The tags on this thread
nannyde 05:47 PM 04-06-2018
Not quite understanding what that is suppose to mean.
Hair puke
Silly Songs 08:26 PM 04-06-2018
Do any of you wear gloves for diaper changes and other bodily fluids ?
BC, I am your polar opposite! I get EVERYTHING on me. Honestly I go home with spaghetti in my hair. I have no idea how that happens ! I do clean them up, but there is some magnetic force that takes whatever is near me and throws it on my body.
Baby Beluga 08:40 PM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
BC, I am your polar opposite! I get EVERYTHING on me. Honestly I go home with spaghetti in my hair. I have no idea how that happens ! I do clean them up, but there is some magnetic force that takes whatever is near me and throws it on my body.
Yes to gloves! I even wear gloves when changing my own son's BM diapers
MomBoss 05:51 AM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
In my centre we had a right to know which diseases the kids had but not which specific kid had it. One of the kids had Hep C so there were gloves everywhere and my first instinct was always gloves gloves gloves!! So scary!

Another good reason to not get kid gunk on you is Cytomegalovirus which comes from tears and urine. It can cause birth defects in pregnant women.
Not sure where u are from, but here we are not allowed to know a childs medical history unless the parent wants to share that info. Prevents staff from treating the child differently. Although i feel when it comes to the well being of the staff, we should know. All we can ask for is shot records.
Ive heard of cytomegalovirus. Its amazing when people argue that urine is sterile..clearly not.
Play Care 06:45 AM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
I wear gloves for every diaper change. But I also go get things on me. Wear and tear is also an issue for me.

Because of this, I do have a work wardrobe and a weekend wardrobe. Work is less expensive jeans, and shirts (jeans at old navy and t-shirts from Target/Walmart) I do have black knit pants but they are not yoga pants. Similar to these:
https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/5677...=622-GN1&csp=f

I like them for days I want to be comfy but still feel presentable.

Truthfully I have found that I have more energy when I am showered, styled, and dressed in clothing (not scrubs, pj's etc.) to begin my work day. I don't even like to wear pj's for our annual pajama day because I find I feel really logy and blah.
ColorfulSunburst 10:11 AM 04-07-2018
ok, you can count me too. my clothes, furniture, and walls are free of snot too. I wear casual clothes during my work hours.
Ariana 01:10 PM 04-07-2018
Not sure where u are from, but here we are not allowed to know a childs medical history unless the parent wants to share that info. Prevents staff from treating the child differently. Although i feel when it comes to the well being of the staff, we should know. All we can ask for is shot records.
Yeah we are not allowed to know a specific childs history either, we simply know that a child, one of the kids, no idea which one HAS this disease. The director knows but she is bound by law not to disclose. It is the law here in my province that any disease tranferable through bodily fluids MUST be disclosed (Hep C, HIV, Aids) to daycare/teaching staff. So we have no idea which child has it, only that one of the kids out of 45 has it. Hope that makes sense This way no one discriminates against a specific child because we have no clue which child has it. Also reinforces the idea that anyone can have a disease and you need to take extra precautions no matter who you are dealing with.

In a home daycare situation it is much more risky because parents do not have to disclose (as far as I know).
Tags:28 day cycle, apparel, clothes, diaper changes, gloves, projection, uniform, what do you wear, yoga pants
Reply Up