Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Child That Cries ALL Day
lovemykidstoo 05:52 AM 04-08-2018
I have a dcb that started last month. He just turned 1 yesterday, sister has been coming here for over a year now. She's 2. He literally screams and cries for about 90% of the time he's here, which is somewhere about 8:00 until 5:15. I have dealt with it, thinking he's new, he's only here 2 days a week, he'll get used to it until last Friday. He is driving me absolutely nuts. Won't eat, won't play, he does sleep a bit thank God. Mom and dad come and dad says he does the same thing at home. OK, so it's not just me then. Then he says the words we all love to hear "he's teething". I said, no, that is not teething to scream the entire day.

This is also the family that I wrote about before. The sister has been coming awhile. Then last year this dcb was born. He was supposed to come after 6 or 8 weeks, the dcg continued to come. Then that didn't happen. Then he was supposed to come in the fall, they changed their mind again. Then in January she wanted him to come, well I did not hold a spot anymore for him. She got really mad. So I told her March I would have an opening. So he started coming last month.

To make this even more complicated, this is the situation where I have another "faithful" family that comes 3 days a week and she's having a baby that will start coming here first week off September and their 3 yr old will go to preschool. They have been coming here longer than this family and quite frankly I like them better lol. But, taking those feelings aside, they do have seniority and come more days a week. So I ask mom to bring both kids Wednesday instead of Friday and to not bring the 1 yr old for 7 weeks due to my ratios. She gets nasty with me and says she'll talk to her husband about it. That was Monday, They were here Friday and said nothing about it. They both had the day off Friday and dropped the kids off at 8:30 and picked up on the nose quitting time 5:15 all the while this child has been crying and screaming nearly the entire day.

So long story even longer, thank you for reading. Tomorrow is one of their 2 days a week What the heck do I do with this screaming child? She absolutely cannot leave work. He works 2nd shift, so goes to work about 2:45 and she gets out at 5:00. She gets out of work at 2:30 on the days I don't have the kids so he can get to work and I think she just does that all week, but yet doesn't pick up the kids until 5:15 anyway.
Rockgirl 06:44 AM 04-08-2018
Honestly, I wouldn’t keep this family.

1) Child screams and cries all day.

2) Mom gets ugly with you when you don’t bend to please her.

I personally can’t/won’t tolerate either of those.
KiwiKids 01:36 PM 04-08-2018
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:

Same here. Not a good fit for multiple reasons.
lovemykidstoo 02:10 PM 04-08-2018
You know how someone may say something to you and later you think, oh man I could have/should have said this or that. Well, I'm ready for her. If she gets snippy with me 1 more time, that will be it. She will be shown the door. This child comes 2 days a week. Right now it's Mondays and Fridays. Which means already I'm dreading tomorrow. Whoever drops off tomorrow is going to be told to be by the phone because I am not listening to that for 6 hours like I did on Friday WHILE THEY WERE BOTH OFF WORK!
Play Care 02:45 PM 04-08-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
You know how someone may say something to you and later you think, oh man I could have/should have said this or that. Well, I'm ready for her. If she gets snippy with me 1 more time, that will be it. She will be shown the door. This child comes 2 days a week. Right now it's Mondays and Fridays. Which means already I'm dreading tomorrow. Whoever drops off tomorrow is going to be told to be by the phone because I am not listening to that for 6 hours like I did on Friday WHILE THEY WERE BOTH OFF WORK!
Your ROI (return on investment) is waaaaaaaaay off here.
I wouldn't put up with that for a very PT family who strung you along like they did. I wouldn't even wait for a next time as I refuse to walk on eggshells for a client. Tonight they'd be getting a "Dear Family" break up letter.
boy_mom 03:10 PM 04-08-2018
I would let them know from now on you'll be calling for pick up for excessive crying. If they know how he is and still both stayed home Friday, if be all set!

If she gets snippy they would be out the door sooo fast. I'd also be looking to replace ASAP, due to the crying and the poor attitude.
lovemykidstoo 04:05 PM 04-08-2018
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Your ROI (return on investment) is waaaaaaaaay off here.
I wouldn't put up with that for a very PT family who strung you along like they did. I wouldn't even wait for a next time as I refuse to walk on eggshells for a client. Tonight they'd be getting a "Dear Family" break up letter.
I know. I am way too lenient with some people. I really do need to get rid of them. I know I do, I'm just not good with it.
lovemykidstoo 04:06 PM 04-08-2018
Originally Posted by boy_mom:
I would let them know from now on you'll be calling for pick up for excessive crying. If they know how he is and still both stayed home Friday, if be all set!

If she gets snippy they would be out the door sooo fast. I'd also be looking to replace ASAP, due to the crying and the poor attitude.
Yea then waited until the very last minute to come get him and his sister. I close at 5:15 and that's when they got here. They will be fully aware that I'll be calling for pickup when he starts his bs. Dad cracked me up. Oh he does that at home too. He's teething. I flat out said, that is NOT teething!
Claraskids 06:50 PM 04-08-2018
Make sure you have a list of their emergency numbers. Chances are they won't pick up early even if you call. Are you prepared to call back-up or terminate on the spot for not responding?
Play Care 07:53 PM 04-08-2018
I know. I am way too lenient with some people. I really do need to get rid of them. I know I do, I'm just not good with it.
I honestly don't know anyone who is. But it's like ripping off a Band-Aid.
lovemykidstoo 04:49 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Claraskids:
Make sure you have a list of their emergency numbers. Chances are they won't pick up early even if you call. Are you prepared to call back-up or terminate on the spot for not responding?
YES! Without a doubt
lovemykidstoo 09:23 AM 04-09-2018
So this morning daddy dropped off the kids. BOTH of them were crying. Because now my normally happy 2 yr old dcg is upset because brother's upset. I told dad, so who's on call for pickup early today. His response? Either one of us, we're both off today because we have an attorney appt at noon. They got in a car accident and are suing. Oh and daddy's not working at all right now. Are you Frickin kidding me? Again dad says he does the same thing at home and he's teething. Again I say that is NOT just teething. That was his response when I asked if he was concerned maybe something was going on with him. Maybe he has a hernia, stomach issue etc. Jesus why does everyone think everything is teething? Dad's not working, dad can not stand the non-stop crying so he's sending him here. Let's be honest. When they pickup, I"m going to tell him that they need to rethink sending him. He's not working, the child is not happy and now the sister is not happy. Oh and the rest of us are miserable!
daycarediva 09:40 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:

YUP!

I would just give notice, or tell them that you are letting dcb go (sounds like big sis is fine solo)

They know why.

It won't get better.

They can't stand it so they send him to you.

Sounds like they don't even NEED dc AT ALL.

Nope. No way.
lovemykidstoo 10:33 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
YUP!

I would just give notice, or tell them that you are letting dcb go (sounds like big sis is fine solo)

They know why.

It won't get better.

They can't stand it so they send him to you.

Sounds like they don't even NEED dc AT ALL.

Nope. No way.
For sure. I texted dad that they need to come get him. 20 minutes go by and then he says that the carseat cover is in the dryer and to give him motrin. Then says hope that works. I said I cannot give him medicine without a form. I'm going to put him on the doorstep.
Annalee 10:39 AM 04-09-2018
For sure. I texted dad that they need to come get him. 20 minutes go by and then he says that the carseat cover is in the dryer and to give him motrin. Then says hope that works. I said I cannot give him medicine without a form. I'm going to put him on the doorstep.
This has TERM written all over it....
daycarediva 10:40 AM 04-09-2018
WOW! What a brazen excuse.

They would be done TODAY, for failure to pick up.

*I* would be livid. "Ok, Grandma is back up, I'll give her a call. Thanks!"

storybookending 10:43 AM 04-09-2018
Wow yeah this family would be gone. I don’t take this kind of crap from anyone let alone a two day a week family that is barely worth keeping. I hope you have a term letter printed. Sounds like your ratios issues would be solved if they were just gone too.
boy_mom 12:07 PM 04-09-2018
Oh my stars and stripes They would be getting termed this evening!!

Let us know how it goes!!
lovemykidstoo 01:38 PM 04-09-2018
So momma just picked up about 15 minutes ago, like 3 hours after I texted them. I reiterated how much he was not happy and that their daughter was upset because he was. I did not want to start seeing that. Their daughter is precious. She asked if I had seen this type of thing before. I said I had. I told her one person I flat out terminated and the other one was the son of a friend of mine. She stopped having him come, came back 6 months later and it was great. I said sometimes it's just not the right time. She said she felt so bad. I'm thinking so bad that you both have the day off and you're just now getting here? She kept saying she was so sorry, I never once said, oh that's ok. Nope. I'm done with it. They can bring their daughter or not, but the only way I will take the dcb back is if they do bring him and he starts crying again, they come immediately. If they don't, both kids are done. Ironically enough, after his 2nd nap when he got up about 3 he was completely normal. lol
Unregistered 07:26 PM 04-09-2018
I would give this customer the boot!!
Tags:cries constantly, crying - all day
Reply Up