Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Your Program's Most Beloved Book
Miss A 07:29 AM 04-12-2018
Do you have a book in your daycare that everyone loves? Tell me about it!

Our current favorite is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, and we are on our second book on the last 12 months because our first one was so loved it just fell apart, and no amount of packing tape could fix it.

Cow Moo Me is next in line. If I read it once I will need to read it 3 times in a row.

In previous groups of mine Please, Puppy Please was the #1 requested. And the group before that it was Chugga Chugga Choo Choo. All of these books have a rhyming rythym to them, which I am sure is the common denominator as to why they are so popular.
Blackcat31 07:35 AM 04-12-2018
Giraffe's Can't Dance and Click Clack Moo: Cows That Type

ABSOLUTE hysterical laughter when either of them are read out loud.

My personal favorite (brings me to tears laughing) is Still Stuck.

Snowmom 07:39 AM 04-12-2018
My kids here love Pete the Cat, all Mo Willems books and the Berenstein Bears.

But, they request this book nearly every day:
The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear
DaveA 08:06 AM 04-12-2018
David Gets in Trouble. The kids love looking at me and sighing "OH DAVID!"
Ariana 08:55 AM 04-12-2018
Any and all Mo Willems books here!! I also get a lot of requests for a story I made up called “captain frankfurter and the legend of tunablubber”!!
Tin Blues 09:01 AM 04-12-2018
I Ain’t Going to Paint No More by Karen Beaumont
Pestle 09:01 AM 04-12-2018
Stories with a gentle cadence, so they're fun for me to read, and lovely pictures and a few surprises for the kids.

Quiet Time with Cassatt

Piggies

Outside Over There

Gossie
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 09:23 AM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by DaveA:
The boys love this one! I think because they can relate most days. Along the same lines is My No, No, No Day and The Mine-o-saur. It also helps that I have a blast getting super animated with all three of these.
tenderhearts 09:31 AM 04-12-2018
Right now it's Pete the Cat
CityGarden 09:47 AM 04-12-2018
Right now they want anything by Sandra Boynton read multiple times a day especially Moo, Baa, La La La and Blue Hat Green Hat
BrynleeJean 10:01 AM 04-12-2018
We got into this book called MOO i think for a while. the only word in the book was MOO, i had to get creative it was cute
storybookending 10:05 AM 04-12-2018
I only have about 30 books out at a time on rain gutter shelves that I rotate frequently. The favorite right now is Goldilocks and the Three Bears. I read it all dramatic and use different voices for the characters and they think it’s so funny. I now catch them “reading” it to each other in different voices all the time.
Josiegirl 10:42 AM 04-12-2018
Most Gerald and Piggie books by Mo Willems.
Jo123ABC 10:55 AM 04-12-2018
My kiddos really like:
We're Going on a Bear Hunt
The Very Busy Spider (I do embarrassing animal voices that they love )
Dr. Suess ABC
Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham
Llama Llama Red Pajama
hwichlaz 11:13 AM 04-12-2018
I have themed books. This month’s theme is Ocean Wonderland...and the current favorite book is The Pout Pout Fish.
e.j. 11:27 AM 04-12-2018
The youngest kids are enjoying Goodnight Moon,Brown Bear, Brown Bear and anything with baby pictures like Anne Geddes' Down in the Garden Alphabet Book. The older kids like funny books like Hogwash by Karma Wilson, Gregory, The Terrible Eater by Mitchell Sharmat, Goatilocks and the Three Bears by Erica Perl, Badger's Fancy Meal and My Lucky Day both by Keiko Kasza and The Book With No Pictures by B.J. Novak.
flying_babyb 05:45 PM 04-12-2018
Llama lama misses momma
got a few new kids, we read this at least 3, 4, 12 times a day. OK ok basically any llama book!
mamamanda 04:15 AM 04-13-2018
Eric Carle's From Head to Toe...we mimic the animals from the book all. Day. Long.
Vesta 04:43 AM 04-13-2018
Mine dearly love The Pete Seeger book for Abiyoyo. He's their main arch nemesis outside.
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Freight Train, and Rabbit's Colorful Day are also perennial favorites.
Miss A 05:47 AM 04-13-2018
So many great books have been shared and added to my shopping list!
Tin Blues 07:58 AM 04-13-2018
Originally Posted by Miss A:
So many great books have been shared and added to my shopping list!
Me too. Love getting recommendations from others about books kids like.
Play Care 10:51 AM 04-13-2018
Just put a request in at our library for a lot of the titles
Josiegirl 03:04 PM 04-13-2018
A couple other Mo Willems books that my dcks like are Leonardo, The Terrible Monster and Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs. Pretty funny books!
Josiegirl 03:06 PM 04-13-2018
Originally Posted by DaveA:
We like this one too and it's great for conversations!
CeriBear 07:42 AM 04-15-2018
Pete the Cat and his White Shoes. My kids LOVE this book. I’ve read it so much that I’ve memorized it and so have the kids.
Tags:book suggestions
Reply Up