Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Diaper
mamamanda 08:17 AM 04-17-2018
Ever had a kid come in without a diaper b/c they refused to let mom put it on? Yep...every time I think I've seen it all.

Me to dcb: lay down so I can put this diaper on you. Dcb says "k" & lays down w/o issue.

I will never understand...
MomBoss 09:28 AM 04-17-2018
I never understand when parents say "they wont let me..."
Whose the adult? & arent you bigger?
There seems to be a lot of these parents nowadays.
Pestle 09:47 AM 04-17-2018
It's in the 40s and one of my kids "refuses to put on socks." So at pick up today, I'll tell the parents to just send in a pair of socks each morning and I'll have it available to her when we're outside.
finsup 09:55 AM 04-17-2018
Well...once before church I forgot to put a diaper on my kid after changing her and sent her to the nursery without one Granted I remembered before anything happened and quickly went back to put one on her but still, not one of my finer moments lol.

But not putting one on because she didn't want to wear one?! Uh no. Sorry, not a choice. I did know a mom who would not change her daughter or apply diaper cream if she said no because she wanted her to learn that people need to listen to no. Which I get but really...your child is a toddler, they need to be changed even if they don't want to be.
daycarediva 09:55 AM 04-17-2018
"He/She HAD to..." is my latest.

Bring this food/toy in... finish watching a show at home/in the car...

I wonder if this is going to carry over into teen years. My 12 yo DS HAS to have an iphone9 or better right now. (Well too bad.)

Hearing NO now teaches them that they cannot just have/do whatever they want!
Play Care 10:03 AM 04-17-2018
This is exactly why my 3 yo dcb is having such a hard time.
Because when he cries and whines here, nothing good happens.
gumdrops 10:07 AM 04-17-2018
DCG 22 months insisted on wearing flip flops today. It's 30 degrees out. Mom let her wear them but took them off when they got here and left shoes for later. My thoughts:

1) Do you know that your kid will listen to me, so you'll just let me take care of it?

OR

2) What if I let your child always get her way like you do, now it's my battle to fight with your child?

In case you're wondering, the answer is 1...I do not have these issues because the kids know what I say is how it's going to be. Pretty sad that parents have lost complete control.
Ariana 10:49 AM 04-17-2018
I have a child that routinely has unbrushed hair full of food and pajamas because mom didn’t have the energy to fight

Also have a child that brings two blankets, water bottle, pullups, two loveys, pillow and shorts for nap time. He tells his mom to tell me to give them to him for nap. Nope!

No womder these parents are exhausted
Snowmom 10:53 AM 04-17-2018
That has happened here too.

Potty training 2 yr old. I require pull ups.
Mom doesn't like pull ups, but chose my care, so that's how it is. Every.single.morning... "she wouldn't let me put a pull up on. Here's one if you need it."

Riiiiight.
Meeko 01:38 PM 04-17-2018
"Sorry Twinkle is covered from head to toe in chocolate. She "insisted" on having the chocolate donut in the car"

" Terror wanted Laffy Taffy for breakfast. Oh...can you get it out of his hair. Thanks! Bye!"

I know you have a no outside toys policy, but Angel Eyes "wouldn't let go" of dolly."

" He was kicking me, so I couldn't change his diaper this morning...so he's a bit wet...sorry"

I've experienced all these over the years. It's safe to say that 2 year old's rule the universe and that most parents don't actually know what the word "parent" means.
Josiegirl 01:58 AM 04-18-2018
So if pick up is at 5, make sure he has plenty of water starting at 4:15 and tell dcm, oops, he wouldn't let me put a diaper on.

So many times I've been tempted to ask a parent exactly who is the parent. Do you ever actually come out and say that? Do parents feel guilty over the word no? Have they been programmed to think it's going to damage their child's eternal soul to hear that word? Are they going for best friend relationship with their child? WTH?
Blackcat31 06:45 AM 04-18-2018
This is a hard line for me.

If a parent came at drop off with their kid diaperless and said to me the child doesn't have a diaper on because he/she wouldn't let me put one on, I would reply with "Well if she is the one in charge, she won't be able to stay here. I don't accept kids that aren't ready for the day"

No socks, half dressed, bringing in a toy or eating something and the reply is similar.

I REFUSE to parent children that are not mine and I REFUSE to allow myself to be put in that position by an ADULT that has a license to drive, can hold a job, pay bills and basically live unassisted but can't get a 3 yr old to comply?!?! Um, yeah....NOT my problem.

*the path to inner peace begins with 3 simple words; NOT MY PROBLEM.
sharlan 07:14 AM 04-18-2018
If you're not in control with a 2 yo, how are you going to be in control with a much bigger, stronger 16 yo?
mamamanda 12:16 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This is a hard line for me.

If a parent came at drop off with their kid diaperless and said to me the child doesn't have a diaper on because he/she wouldn't let me put one on, I would reply with "Well if she is the one in charge, she won't be able to stay here. I don't accept kids that aren't ready for the day"

No socks, half dressed, bringing in a toy or eating something and the reply is similar.

I REFUSE to parent children that are not mine and I REFUSE to allow myself to be put in that position by an ADULT that has a license to drive, can hold a job, pay bills and basically live unassisted but can't get a 3 yr old to comply?!?! Um, yeah....NOT my problem.

*the path to inner peace begins with 3 simple words; NOT MY PROBLEM.
See, I had this thought. I should have told her when he was prepared for the day I'd be happy to keep him. Honestly though, I stood there dumbfounded like I was trying to process what she'd just said to me since I just couldn't believe she would put his pants on w/o a diaper. This kid doesn't give me a moment's trouble though so I don't mind keeping him. He does meltdown big time every day at pick up though. Screams all the way to the car. I hand him to her, close the door, & walk away. However, I'm really tempted to hand him to her w/o a diaper on one day.
MelissaP 03:47 AM 04-19-2018
How old is he?
mamamanda 04:19 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by MelissaP:
How old is he?
He is 2. Will be 3 this summer.
lovemykidstoo 05:06 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
See, I had this thought. I should have told her when he was prepared for the day I'd be happy to keep him. Honestly though, I stood there dumbfounded like I was trying to process what she'd just said to me since I just couldn't believe she would put his pants on w/o a diaper. This kid doesn't give me a moment's trouble though so I don't mind keeping him. He does meltdown big time every day at pick up though. Screams all the way to the car. I hand him to her, close the door, & walk away. However, I'm really tempted to hand him to her w/o a diaper on one day.

I would absolutely give the child back without a diaper on and repeat the same thing to her EVERY SINGLE DAY! Then momma would get a clue. I cannot stand this 'can't say no' generation. I have a family member that her favorite saying with her kids that are nearly the same age as mine "pick your battles". Yea, well both of her kids were smoking pot by the age of 12. One has graduated and has Ronald McDonald red hair and works at a minimum wage job, no interest in college. Gets high several times a day and the other child is right behind him. Parent your children people.
CeriBear 05:57 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by sharlan:
If you're not in control with a 2 yo, how are you going to be in control with a much bigger, stronger 16 yo?
I was just thinking the same thing.

I have a DCB who cries and whines when he doesn’t get what what he wants or is asked to do something he doesn’t want to do. He is used to his parents giving in to his antics but it doesn’t work that way in my classroom.
Tags:no diaper
Reply Up