Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Unregistered 08:49 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Ac114:
DCG 3 and her dirty looks drive me up the wall. Anytime you ask her to do something or ask her to stop doing something she immediately gives you attitude with a dirty look.
I have a 5 year old like that. Daggers and attitude all the time. Her bus driver has even commented on it because she always looks angry when she is getting on the bus. Occasionally she skips over dirty looks and goes right into crying fit.
Unregistered 09:07 AM 04-19-2018
This weather. Never have I ever seen this much snow this late in April

My client informed me this morning that her baby daddy has decided not to pay his share of the daycare bill so now she will have to apply for assistance. Im not sure if they take his income into account so not sure she will even qualify anyways. Frustrated for her.
Ac114 09:18 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
This weather. Never have I ever seen this much snow this late in April

My client informed me this morning that her baby daddy has decided not to pay his share of the daycare bill so now she will have to apply for assistance. Im not sure if they take his income into account so not sure she will even qualify anyways. Frustrated for her.
If they are not living together then they will not take his income into account but she will have to provide his info so they can file child support against him, unless he’s already paying it.
Josiegirl 02:35 PM 04-20-2018
I must've been a bit@h this week. I was called a meanie twice, told 'I hate you', called poopy butthead a few times and received several glares.
Must mean I did my job well.
Miss A 06:14 AM 04-23-2018
It is only 8:15am and I already want to cry and throw in the towel. Put together monkey bread and put it in the oven before DCK started to arrive. My DS is a monster and has been fighting with the first DCB to arrive since the moment he walked into the playroom. Took the monkey bread out of the oven and flipped it, splashing hot caramel all down my legs, the front of my oven, and in between the glass on the oven door.
MomBoss 07:19 AM 04-23-2018
Husband is sick with a cold, therefore the whole house will be in a bad mood because of his bad mood. Hes mean when hes sick. Great.
Ac114 06:05 AM 04-24-2018
I know someone has mentioned this before and now I have one of those kids... DCM put perfume on her 3 year old and I’m one step away from a migraine. Like really? Your kid doesn’t need to smell good. Ugh!
HappyEverAfter 08:26 PM 04-25-2018
Dcb is crawling across hardwood floor to me, his hand slips and causes his head to fall and he hit his mouth on the wood. I immediately scooped him up and looked and sure enough his lip was busted. He cried and his lip bled but both stopped less than 2 minutes later after I applied a cold washcloth. I texted parents to let them know and they asked if his tooth was okay. It was and I told them so. Dcb did fine the rest of the day, playing, eating and napping normally. At pick up, dcm makes the comment “that’s what happens when you don’t watch him.” Uh, I WAS watching him. He was the only kid there. He had my FULL attention. I was sitting on the floor in an open area playing with him. Was I holding him nonstop? No. I was letting him crawl around. Kids his age fall all the time when learning to crawl and walk. It was a busted lip, not a broken leg. And it was handled immediately. And reported to parents immediately. I really hate snide commentary that has no purpose other than to make me feel inferior.
Josiegirl 02:29 AM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by HappyEverAfter:
Dcb is crawling across hardwood floor to me, his hand slips and causes his head to fall and he hit his mouth on the wood. I immediately scooped him up and looked and sure enough his lip was busted. He cried and his lip bled but both stopped less than 2 minutes later after I applied a cold washcloth. I texted parents to let them know and they asked if his tooth was okay. It was and I told them so. Dcb did fine the rest of the day, playing, eating and napping normally. At pick up, dcm makes the comment “that’s what happens when you don’t watch him.” Uh, I WAS watching him. He was the only kid there. He had my FULL attention. I was sitting on the floor in an open area playing with him. Was I holding him nonstop? No. I was letting him crawl around. Kids his age fall all the time when learning to crawl and walk. It was a busted lip, not a broken leg. And it was handled immediately. And reported to parents immediately. I really hate snide commentary that has no purpose other than to make me feel inferior.
Ooh I hope you said something to dcm?? Wait til it happens on her watch!!! I always hate to see little ones hurt but when they come in and it's happened while with parents, I always feel better knowing they'll understand. Hopefully.
storybookending 05:30 AM 04-26-2018
I am not sure I would continue to care for this child. A comment like that shows that mom doesn’t trust you and I cannot and will not work for a parent that doesn’t trust me.. there is enough liability in this job as it is I do not need a parent that is going to react this way every time their child gets a scrape.
Miss A 06:08 AM 04-26-2018
Dear DCM's- if I have told you once I have told you a thousand times, DO NOT BRING YOYR CHILD'S BLANKIE OR LOVIE INTO MY HOME!! You child DOES NOT use or need them here. There is absolutely no reason for you to continue to bring a chewed on, sucked on, drooled on, smelly, crusty, stained blankie or lovie into my house and expect to leave it here. And when I watch you wipe your kids nose with it and your fingers, and you expect to leave that nasty blanket on my entryway counter and touch the door handle with your snotty hand, you are not earning any brownie points with me. Seriously, my kid lives here and even his blankie is not allowed out of his room.

SO over parents who continue to attempt buck the rules after MONTHS! of constant reminders and enforcements.
Snowmom 10:33 AM 04-26-2018
Oooooooomg I hate age 4.

Why do I even take kids who are older than 3. They turn into monsters, I sweeaaarrrr.
Ac114 07:36 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by Miss A:
Dear DCM's- if I have told you once I have told you a thousand times, DO NOT BRING YOYR CHILD'S BLANKIE OR LOVIE INTO MY HOME!! You child DOES NOT use or need them here. There is absolutely no reason for you to continue to bring a chewed on, sucked on, drooled on, smelly, crusty, stained blankie or lovie into my house and expect to leave it here. And when I watch you wipe your kids nose with it and your fingers, and you expect to leave that nasty blanket on my entryway counter and touch the door handle with your snotty hand, you are not earning any brownie points with me. Seriously, my kid lives here and even his blankie is not allowed out of his room.

SO over parents who continue to attempt buck the rules after MONTHS! of constant reminders and enforcements.
I despise loveys! I have a DCG 3 who is so dependent on hers and the parents think it’s cute, until she goes to preschool in the fall and can not have it there. She wipes her nose on it daily and I alsways take it away and put it up. The first thing she says when mom walks in the door is “I wasn’t allowed to have ____ today” mom replies, it’s ok hunny mommies here and you can have it now.

Teach her to not be so dependent on it. It’s the same little girl that leaves it here and parents drive back at all hours in the evening to pick it up.
HappyEverAfter 09:29 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I am not sure I would continue to care for this child. A comment like that shows that mom doesn’t trust you and I cannot and will not work for a parent that doesn’t trust me.. there is enough liability in this job as it is I do not need a parent that is going to react this way every time their child gets a scrape.
I’m closing for good in 5 days so he won’t be with me much longer. I believe I only will have him 3 more days total. Of all the children I’ve had, he will be missed the least.
HappyEverAfter 09:31 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Ooh I hope you said something to dcm?? Wait til it happens on her watch!!! I always hate to see little ones hurt but when they come in and it's happened while with parents, I always feel better knowing they'll understand. Hopefully.
Oh I replied quickly letting her know I was watching and that he was simply crawling when it happened. It was sort of laughed off but I swear it was one of those comments that you know darn good and well was meant to be mean. I close for good in 5 days and this little one will be missed the least of all my dck.
amberrose3dg 09:38 AM 04-27-2018
Oh I replied quickly letting her know I was watching and that he was simply crawling when it happened. It was sort of laughed off but I swear it was one of those comments that you know darn good and well was meant to be mean. I close for good in 5 days and this little one will be missed the least of all my dck.
Good for you!
storybookending 11:40 AM 04-27-2018
Tuesday night everyone is gone except one family. The 3 year old was going to the bathroom. She does this independently and has for over a year. I go in to do something.. I cannot remember what and I notice the water in the toilet is yellow. I figure she forgot to flush but also thought it was weird that there was no toilet paper in the toilet. I flush it and it comes back up even more yellow. This was only in the bathroom not the kitchen, we checked. Idk anything about plumbing so I call my dad and go about my plans for the night and head over to my brother and SIL’s house for dinner. While there I get a text from my neighbor and he is having the same issue. Literal hours go by and it’s now 9PM. I go home, the water is now a deeper yellow and not only in the bathroom but now the kitchen, it has a slight odor. Local police department posts on Facebook that the cause of the is due to a water main break and to not drink or cook with the water. Seeing this I run to Walmart at 9:30PM and grab a couple gallons of water for the next day in case it isn’t cleared up. An hour or so later there is a post that the utility company says the water is safe to drink and the yellow color is due to high iron content. The Facebook mob of people came out in full force saying high iron in water can mess with certain medications and cause problems urinating and HOW DARE YOU TELL PEOPLE THEY CAN DRINK IT. Things got heated. I just read along as I’m not a social media poster in the slightest and I also know zero facts about what is being discussed. I woke up in the morning and the water was fine. Now it’s 3 days later and I go to wash my hands and bam! Yellow water is back! Guess who will now always have a couple back up gallons of water on back up? This girl. Oh also I have been washing clothes all morning and I’m sure they smell
jenjen28 07:15 PM 04-27-2018
I am a director... I explain to my employees the rules and train them correctly. When they make one mistake I explain to them what they have done and we correct it. I get very tired and stressed when they continually disobey rules. I give them warnings and write ups. I am a nice person, I just expect my employees to do their best. We have a very important job of keeping the children safe and when they do crazy things and go against authority I have to step in and be firm, now a few(mostly young) employees are saying I am too "itchy" and snappy... I try to be nice but they disrespect me and continue to be so rude and unprofessional... I know they can do good work but they just will not!! I hate being called rude and snappy... what can I do!!! Please help!! We have staff meetings.. I keep everything fun and I always ask for their input!!!
Indoorvoice 06:37 AM 04-30-2018
I am so bad at setting boundaries with my families. I know what I need to do, but when it comes time to do it, I don't. I don't care if parents are 5 minutes late here and there because of work issues so my families are used to me being lax about it. It's when I find out that I'm being taken advantage of that kind of hurts. I hate to be "all or nothing" about allowing late pick ups, but come on!

I was told dcm would be picking up on Friday. Dcd works far away and can't make it to pick up on time. 5 minutes before closing, I get a text from dcd that he was going to be late. Fine, I figured mom had a last minute meeting with a parent, that happens frequently. Come to find out on Facebook that mom was out running with her friends. I would love to go workout with my friends, but I'm watching her kids. I have allowed lateness for so long though it doesn't seem right to get petty about it now. Sometimes I hate people.
amberrose3dg 06:40 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
I am so bad at setting boundaries with my families. I know what I need to do, but when it comes time to do it, I don't. I don't care if parents are 5 minutes late here and there because of work issues so my families are used to me being lax about it. It's when I find out that I'm being taken advantage of that kind of hurts. I hate to be "all or nothing" about allowing late pick ups, but come on!

I was told dcm would be picking up on Friday. Dcd works far away and can't make it to pick up on time. 5 minutes before closing, I get a text from dcd that he was going to be late. Fine, I figured mom had a last minute meeting with a parent, that happens frequently. Come to find out on Facebook that mom was out running with her friends. I would love to go workout with my friends, but I'm watching her kids. I have allowed lateness for so long though it doesn't seem right to get petty about it now. Sometimes I hate people.
See that I would of charged them for. They told you a few minutes before closing. I am finally at the point that no one no matter what is taking advantage of me. I do not care why you are late if it happens more than two or three times I will terminate. The more you do for people the more they take advantage of you.
Ac114 06:42 AM 04-30-2018

I’m sorry 😩 it’s never too late to set boundaries! And once you do, you will feel much better about it. I’ve been lax before in the past and similar things have happened that you mentioned above so when I receive a text that someone is going to be late, I say that’s fine but don’t forget to add the $10 fee to next weeks pay.
Blackcat31 06:47 AM 04-30-2018

Just because you've been laid back about it doesn't mean you can't change it now...

I would write up a memo or short note letting parents know that you were kind enough to not have a policy about being late because your clients were all respectful enough to not abuse your generosity and take advantage but now that is no longer the case so you are implementing a new late policy.

You don't have to go from 0-10 on the strictness scale but you can compromise....maybe give each family 3 "get out of jail" free cards per year... use when necessary but if they are late more than 3X then have a fee. A stiff fee so they use those 3 free passes wisely and not for silly things like running with friends.
amberrose3dg 09:53 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Just because you've been laid back about it doesn't mean you can't change it now...

I would write up a memo or short note letting parents know that you were kind enough to not have a policy about being late because your clients were all respectful enough to not abuse your generosity and take advantage but now that is no longer the case so you are implementing a new late policy.

You don't have to go from 0-10 on the strictness scale but you can compromise....maybe give each family 3 "get out of jail" free cards per year... use when necessary but if they are late more than 3X then have a fee. A stiff fee so they use those 3 free passes wisely and not for silly things like running with friends.
I like bc post as usual.
Indoorvoice 02:40 PM 04-30-2018

Oh I know. All of you are spot on and BC, I HEAR your voice in my head whenever I need to enforce something... and then I just don't. I seriously don't know what my problem is. I know what I NEED to do, but talk myself out of it every time. At this point, I can't even blame the parents. It's MY fault for being a push over. I just wish I could be nice and understanding AND get have people follow rules without a million reminders.
Josiegirl 02:51 PM 05-01-2018
It's been one of those days where you find yourself asking 'Is there a full moon?'
Kids gone crazy. Please send their nice stunt doubles back tomorrow.
Ac114 05:50 AM 05-02-2018
Told each parent at pick up on Friday that every child needs sunscreen now that we will be outside more. No one brings sunscreen on Monday. Send a reminder text to each parent that every one needs sunscreen. Again, everyone shows up without sunscreen on Tuesday so I let every one know at pick up they need sunscreen or they won’t be accepted on Wednesday. First child shows up with a trial size tube of sunscreen ����*♀️�� REALLY!!! That’s gonna last about a day.

Do parents not care about their kids burning? I have sunscreen to use but I don’t want to use my personal stash on all my daycare kids.
amberrose3dg 06:15 AM 05-02-2018
Told each parent at pick up on Friday that every child needs sunscreen now that we will be outside more. No one brings sunscreen on Monday. Send a reminder text to each parent that every one needs sunscreen. Again, everyone shows up without sunscreen on Tuesday so I let every one know at pick up they need sunscreen or they won’t be accepted on Wednesday. First child shows up with a trial size tube of sunscreen ����*♀️�� REALLY!!! That’s gonna last about a day.

Do parents not care about their kids burning? I have sunscreen to use but I don’t want to use my personal stash on all my daycare kids.
No because it will be your fault if they burn after all.
sharlan 06:25 AM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
No because it will be your fault if they burn after all.
I understand. I go through 8 - 10 cans of sunscreen during the summer. I charge each parent for one can and buy it myself.
Cat Herder 06:28 AM 05-02-2018

It was one of the biggest frustrations I dealt with. That and mosquito spray. Then when they did bring it they brought the most ineffective, smelly and eye irritating stuff they could find. It felt like a passive aggressive challenge.

I found it easier to simply buy what works best (Neutrogena and Deep Woods) and is easiest for me to apply then write it off of my taxes. I supply everything now and come out ahead at tax time. Easy solution
Blackcat31 06:30 AM 05-02-2018

This is one of those things where you either HAVE to use your own or not accept them into care.

If you take them out without sunscreen and they get sunburn, it will be your fault as far as liability goes and since we are all bound by that unwritten liability we unfortunately have to choose an option.

I hate that parents put us in that position in the first place.

I require parents to apply the first application PRIOR to drop off and I require them to bring a FULL bottle or tube of sunscreen by xx date and if they don't I automatically charge them a fee (BIG) and buy some myself.

I refuse to take the fall because of a lazy parent.
Ac114 06:32 AM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I understand. I go through 8 - 10 cans of sunscreen during the summer. I charge each parent for one can and buy it myself.
That’s a good idea. Sunscreen can be expensive but it’s essential. I use the nuetrogena stick for face, neck and ears and spray for the body.
Play Care 10:59 AM 05-02-2018
My almost 2 yo dcg has never been the best napper. She was in isolation, lol, until recently. She always wakes way before everyone else and starts chatting, singing, etc. I've tried the firm "shh! Friends are sleeping!" But then it's back and forth for the next 45 minutes. I hate my open floor plan at nap time.
Jiminycrickets 01:07 PM 05-03-2018
No, DCM, you cannot have your birthday party at my house on Saturday evening because "there is so much to keep the kids busy here."
Cat Herder 01:17 PM 05-03-2018
Originally Posted by Jiminycrickets:
No, DCM, you cannot have your birthday party at my house on Saturday evening because "there is so much to keep the kids busy here."
Wow

And I thought a recent request for my WI-FY password was out of bounds.
Jiminycrickets 03:15 PM 05-03-2018
I said that doesn't work for me and suggested she find a park with a nice playground and she was like, "But the city parks don't allow alcohol."
Josiegirl 03:25 PM 05-03-2018
I said that doesn't work for me and suggested she find a park with a nice playground and she was like, "But the city parks don't allow alcohol."
Oh boy. Just the kind of kid birthday party you want to be host to at your dc.

It's a wonder we don't all suffer from whiplash after reading about all the parents out there. So glad mine are mostly normal.
SquirrellyMama 03:30 PM 05-03-2018
This could be a side business venture, charge $100/hour

Kelly
Jiminycrickets 03:52 PM 05-03-2018
Originally Posted by SquirrellyMama:
This could be a side business venture, charge $100/hour

Kelly
Pretty sure the state licensor would be like . Though my husband would probably approve.
Second Home 06:27 AM 05-04-2018

amberrose3dg 05:43 AM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by Second Home:
My flight home was delayed. I just got home and I have some pissed off parents.
Blackcat31 06:14 AM 05-07-2018
My flight home was delayed. I just got home and I have some pissed off parents.
Well, why didn't you fly that plane faster?

Sorry your parents are so inconsiderate.
Snowmom 06:20 AM 05-07-2018

That is the most bizarre (daycare related) bonehead thing I've ever heard someone do/say.

We should have an award for those. The equivalent of an Oscar.
"The loaded diaper" award.

You win that!
Unregistered 07:58 AM 05-07-2018
DCM got a new job with different hours. Her two kids usually are the last to show up in the morning - lucky if they are here by 9am. Today she says, my new hours are earlier, so I'll have to bring them around 6:45am instead. Me: I open at 7. Her: Well, it's only 15 minutes, so.... Me:......I open at 7am. Her: ..... um.....
I'm not opening 15 minutes early for you. Nope. Figure it out.
amberrose3dg 01:40 PM 05-07-2018
Well, why didn't you fly that plane faster?

Sorry your parents are so inconsiderate.
Right! I spent hours at the airport and was exhausted. I enjoyed my day off resting and unpacking. I'm sad to admit I don't feel guilty.
Unregistered 12:17 PM 05-09-2018
First daycare mom knocks on door 2 minutes before opening with kid in jammies and wet diaper. She sends apology text 20 minutes later. DCM2 brings dcb hour earlier than usual in jammies and wet diapers declaring only to your house would I bring him like this. At pick up, both mom's laughing about the unpreparedness of their kids for the day, declare, " Only to your house would we bring them this way!" I realize that they meant it as a compliment because they feel so comfortable but I was starting to take it as lack of respect. I walked into the house and shut the door.
Blackcat31 12:38 PM 05-09-2018
First daycare mom knocks on door 2 minutes before opening with kid in jammies and wet diaper. She sends apology text 20 minutes later. DCM2 brings dcb hour earlier than usual in jammies and wet diapers declaring only to your house would I bring him like this. At pick up, both mom's laughing about the unpreparedness of their kids for the day, declare, " Only to your house would we bring them this way!" I realize that they meant it as a compliment because they feel so comfortable but I was starting to take it as lack of respect. I walked into the house and shut the door.
It may have been meant as a compliment (which I don't see/understand at all) but it's still HIGHLY disrespectful.

I say alot of things with a smile or with a positive tone but that doesn't change the message.

In your case, these DCM's are basically saying "We know you'll take care of our parent responsibilities for us"

If they really did respect you, they wouldn't dream of pushing that kind of thing off onto you....

Actions speak MUCH louder than words.
Unregistered 01:42 PM 05-09-2018
You're right, Blackcat.

I think I may have unintentionally started it when I told them I used to put my son to be wearing clothes he could wear to preschool the next day. At the time, I was going through chemotherapy. To save a battle, I would put him in sweat pants and a sweat shirt but I would always have him pottied, fed and ready for the day, never in his jammies.
Unregistered 01:44 PM 05-09-2018
You're right, Blackcat.

I think I may have unintentionally started it when I told them I used to put my son to be wearing clothes he could wear to preschool the next day. At the time, I was going through chemotherapy. To save a battle, I would put him in sweat pants and a sweat shirt but I would always have him pottied, fed and ready for the day, never in his jammies.
be= bed
Blackcat31 01:48 PM 05-09-2018
You're right, Blackcat.

I'm sorry these parents are so rude towards you.

The difference was you were being efficient due to your circumstances not creating more work for someone else by your actions.

Again, I am sorry they are so "comfortable" they can risk your services.
amberrose3dg 03:41 AM 05-10-2018
It may have been meant as a compliment (which I don't see/understand at all) but it's still HIGHLY disrespectful.

I say alot of things with a smile or with a positive tone but that doesn't change the message.

In your case, these DCM's are basically saying "We know you'll take care of our parent responsibilities for us"

If they really did respect you, they wouldn't dream of pushing that kind of thing off onto you....

Actions speak MUCH louder than words.
I am with blackcat on this one! I would of turned away. They clearly aren't in some life or death hurry if they are EARLY for your drop off time.I would of straight told them no. Sorry some parents have no manors or respect.
BumbleBee 10:46 AM 05-10-2018
ADHD/ODD kid was supposed to be picked up 16 minutes ago. My current activity is trying to keep him quiet enough to not wake every body up.
Pestle 11:45 AM 05-10-2018
"HWHYYYYYUH"

"Please pick up the train cars so nobody trips over them."
"WHY"
"So nobody trips."
"WHYYYY"
"Tripping hurts."
"WHYYYYUH"
"Because our feet have nerves in them, which send pain signals to our brain to notify us when we've sustained tissue damage."
"HWHYYYYUH"
"Because without that input, we'd do much more damage to our bodies unawares."
"HWHYYYYUH"
"Because humans are impulsive, clumsy creatures who carrom through life."
"HWHYYYYUH"
"Well, the Calvinists chalk it up to a predestination to self-destructiveness for those non-elect who are condemned by God to Hell, but the Catholics use the gentler concept of concupiscence, the skewed moral compass within all of us that leads us to do just the dumbest possible thing at the worst possible moment. The Orthodox, in a reversal of the Augustinian interpretation of Genesis and Paul, emphasize death as the origin of human misbehavior instead of as the righteous punishment for human misbehavior. In a world ruled by fear of death and of loss and of not getting our share of limited resources, they say, the human impulse is to harm others and even ourselves in a misguided rush to guarantee our own survival and pleasure. In such a case as this, we might run across the playroom to wrestle a toy away from another child, and in the process slip on a train car, fall, and get hurt."
"HWHYYYYUH"
"Because it's MY FLOOR and I don't want a train car on MY FLOOR."
"Oh okay."
Josiegirl 02:25 PM 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by Pestle:
"HWHYYYYYUH"

"Please pick up the train cars so nobody trips over them."
"WHY"
"So nobody trips."
"WHYYYY"
"Tripping hurts."
"WHYYYYUH"
"Because our feet have nerves in them, which send pain signals to our brain to notify us when we've sustained tissue damage."
"HWHYYYYUH"
"Because without that input, we'd do much more damage to our bodies unawares."
"HWHYYYYUH"
"Because humans are impulsive, clumsy creatures who carrom through life."
"HWHYYYYUH"
"Well, the Calvinists chalk it up to a predestination to self-destructiveness for those non-elect who are condemned by God to Hell, but the Catholics use the gentler concept of concupiscence, the skewed moral compass within all of us that leads us to do just the dumbest possible thing at the worst possible moment. The Orthodox, in a reversal of the Augustinian interpretation of Genesis and Paul, emphasize death as the origin of human misbehavior instead of as the righteous punishment for human misbehavior. In a world ruled by fear of death and of loss and of not getting our share of limited resources, they say, the human impulse is to harm others and even ourselves in a misguided rush to guarantee our own survival and pleasure. In such a case as this, we might run across the playroom to wrestle a toy away from another child, and in the process slip on a train car, fall, and get hurt."
"HWHYYYYUH"
"Because it's MY FLOOR and I don't want a train car on MY FLOOR."
"Oh okay."
LOLOLOL Love it!

And this is why I always say 'because I said so.' I don't give a fig that the expects say we shouldn't say that.
Pestle 06:13 PM 05-10-2018
LOLOLOL Love it!

And this is why I always say 'because I said so.' I don't give a fig that the expects say we shouldn't say that.
Oh, I usually use "BECAUSE Miss Pestle said to" and she goes "Oh okay," but sometimes it's fun to follow these things all the way back to the Big Bang.
CeriBear 04:23 AM 05-11-2018
DCG 3 and her dirty looks drive me up the wall. Anytime you ask her to do something or ask her to stop doing something she immediately gives you attitude with a dirty look.
I have a 4yo boy who does the same thing. When I ask him to do something he doesn’t want to do like pick up his toys or make up his cot he stares at me with this angry face. He’s taken to growling at me as well.
Unregistered 05:38 AM 05-11-2018
On top of it all, DCM2 check bounced. The hammer is about to fall.
amberrose3dg 05:40 AM 05-11-2018
On top of it all, DCM2 check bounced. The hammer is about to fall.
I'd be ready to give her the boot.
amberrose3dg 03:53 AM 05-14-2018
I'd be ready to give her the boot.
When your assistant calls off on a Friday and a Monday with a 24 hour stomach bug. Now her kid has it. Tomorrow it will be her other kid im sure.
Play Care 09:35 AM 05-14-2018
4 yo DCB is working my last nerve. If the other kids stop playing with him (because he's being bossy or whiny) he looks to me to entertain him. When I won't (because I am not about to rescue him from himself, lol) then it's
"I'm sooooo bored!" and "it's so boring here!"

Dude, I've been doing this for 500 years now, I don't care if you are bored. GO PLAY TOYS!
Miss A 02:29 PM 05-14-2018
I have trained 2.5yo DCB to put on his own shoes. He knows how to, and can do it completely independently. Except on Mondays.

He is currently sitting on the sidewalk between the door and the play ground with no shoes and no hoodie on. And he has been for the last 20 minutes. If he keeps it up at this rate his Mom will be here for pick-up before he even gets to play with his friends.
Jamie 03:32 AM 05-15-2018
DCBaby won't play. Screams and cries everytime I move more than three feet away.Jeg
DCG runs away when I call her, screams bloody murder when I go get her.
DCB1 ignores me.
DCB2 hates everything I suggest, even lunch, to the point of screaming his most annoying "Hear me! Give me attention!!"-scream.

When DCB3 almost fell asleep at the lunch table, I knew exactly how he felt!

Thank God this morning is over!!!
Lil_Diddle 06:06 AM 05-16-2018
Our line of work would be so much better if it were all about the kids. Most of the time these parents are my biggest stressors. I feel like I need to remind them that I am here to work with them and that I don’t work for them. I also need to remind them that they were fully aware of rules before they signed up. Of course they want everything that advantages them, but heaven forbid if I should give several months notice that I want a weeks vacation. Well that’s absurd. Or oh, you decided to keep your kid home so you don’t feel the need to pay. I’m not sure if it’s just end of the year burnout but I think I’m feeling just fine for the moment. Of course these parents have no problem coming to me with their “can I pay.....?” Or their reasonings why they are late again. But if I have human needs, forget it I’m just a service provider that is inconveniencing them.
Blackcat31 06:40 AM 05-16-2018
Originally Posted by Lil_Diddle:
Our line of work would be so much better if it were all about the kids. Most of the time these parents are my biggest stressors. I feel like I need to remind them that I am here to work with them and that I don’t work for them. I also need to remind them that they were fully aware of rules before they signed up. Of course they want everything that advantages them, but heaven forbid if I should give several months notice that I want a weeks vacation. Well that’s absurd. Or oh, you decided to keep your kid home so you don’t feel the need to pay. I’m not sure if it’s just end of the year burnout but I think I’m feeling just fine for the moment. Of course these parents have no problem coming to me with their “can I pay.....?” Or their reasonings why they are late again. But if I have human needs, forget it I’m just a service provider that is inconveniencing them.

.....because I know exactly what you mean.
Pestle 07:55 AM 05-16-2018
Except on Mondays.
All of the children have Alzheimer's and Parkinson's on Mondays. They can't remember what to do, and when they can remember, they don't have the motor skills to do it.
amberrose3dg 09:10 AM 05-16-2018
Originally Posted by Lil_Diddle:
That is exactly correct.Today parents know they pay me for my holidays. Do we pay for memorial day? Like really Only if you want daycare Tuesday.
Lil_Diddle 10:27 AM 05-16-2018
That is exactly correct.Today parents know they pay me for my holidays. Do we pay for memorial day? Like really Only if you want daycare Tuesday.
Yes, I really love hearing that from families that have been with me awhile.
Play Care 10:42 AM 05-16-2018
My one 2 yo dcg is drop in while mom is on MAT leave. I LOVE this family, But holy heck today was TERRIBLE. Tantrum after tantrum, crying, whining, etc. If another child came near her it was "No no no" and "MINE!" Ugh. She either needs to come more, or come less. I can't decide!
NiNi.R. 12:58 PM 05-16-2018
Re-enrollment contracts go out. DCM picks latest departure time which means $5.00 more a week than she was paying before. When payment becomes due DCM acts shocked it's an extra $10 and has to give me some cash because she already had the check filled out and didn't realize it would be more.

She hasn't talked to me since. Like walks in, takes her child's hand, walks out. Same in the morning. Walks in, lets go of her child's hand, walks out. I politely say bye as the door is being shut. Whatev....have your fit! She knows the rules...it's been the same for the last 6 years.

It wasn't until today when she did it in the presence of another parent that it rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe because the witness (for lack of better words) got all wide eyed and looked at me. I just shrugged my shoulders and said...must have been a crazy morning.
Ac114 05:49 PM 05-16-2018
Originally Posted by NiNi.R.:
Re-enrollment contracts go out. DCM picks latest departure time which means $5.00 more a week than she was paying before. When payment becomes due DCM acts shocked it's an extra $10 and has to give me some cash because she already had the check filled out and didn't realize it would be more.

She hasn't talked to me since. Like walks in, takes her child's hand, walks out. Same in the morning. Walks in, lets go of her child's hand, walks out. I politely say bye as the door is being shut. Whatev....have your fit! She knows the rules...it's been the same for the last 6 years.

It wasn't until today when she did it in the presence of another parent that it rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe because the witness (for lack of better words) got all wide eyed and looked at me. I just shrugged my shoulders and said...must have been a crazy morning.
😱😱 I would term immediately. No one will disrespect me like that in my own home and in front of other parents, just wow!
Lil_Diddle 04:55 AM 05-17-2018
Originally Posted by NiNi.R.:

Omg I have a DCM acting the same way. She sent me their two weeks notice via a text the other day. We’ve always gotten along, had friendly banter, our school age daughters go to school together and are friends. Their reason for leaving was that basically I take too much time off. (I have been going for teachers kids the last few years but I’ve also been open every no school day with the exception of the ones listed in the handbook when she enrolled two years ago. I had only her kids on snow days and never complained, and at Christmas I asked for a week off in August. Any other time I take off I find a sub. Twice I’ve found a sub just for her kids, because teachers kids pay for the day anyways so I wasn’t losing money. So I don’t get the complaint, but whatever.... in the end it works because now I don’t have to deal with as many subs or snow days) anyways in her text she was all nice, and I hope this doesn’t affect our daughter’s relationship etc....I replied, I’m sad to see them go, of course I understand the benefit of a center for your family, of course our kids can still be friends. Anyways ever since it seems she is doing all she can to leave on a negative note. Basically just tosses her son in the door in the morning and won’t make contact. With the exception of how she came in one morning and argued about how she shouldn’t have to pay the remainder of the balance due after taking her deposit into account. With this attitude, I’m counting down the days, sadly I will miss her kids. Not to mention that I wasn’t prepared for the loss of income for the summer. My goal was for in two years to be all teachers kids and have summers off.... I was waiting on two families to age out. Now I only have one family needing summer childcare.
gumdrops 07:03 AM 05-17-2018
22 mo has been crying/screaming for 20 min because I won't let her tear down the preschoolers block tower. DCB3 told me his feelings hurt because she keeps screaming, as he's covering his ears. Thank goodness she's only here for half day today!
Miss A 12:27 PM 05-17-2018
Come on Parents, get it together! When dressing your child for the day, please consider the weather before making your clothing selection! I understand that the mornings are a bit cool when you leave the house, but fleece sweat pants on an 80° day is not appropriate. If you the adult don't want to wear sweat pants outside, please don't send your child in them to run and play outside.
amberrose3dg 04:30 AM 05-18-2018
Come on Parents, get it together! When dressing your child for the day, please consider the weather before making your clothing selection! I understand that the mornings are a bit cool when you leave the house, but fleece sweat pants on an 80° day is not appropriate. If you the adult don't want to wear sweat pants outside, please don't send your child in them to run and play outside.
I had to fire my assistant for calling off yet again. She had nerve to question me and get attitude which made me not feel guilty one bit.
Play Care 05:27 AM 05-18-2018
In a similar vein, we live in upstate NY. This time of year can be wild, one day 80, the next in the 50's. Please don't allow your child to wear shorts and t's on those days just because "it was 80 yesterday!"
hwichlaz 10:04 AM 05-18-2018
When you smell a poopy diaper, see evidence that there was poop in the diaper, and can't find the actual turd...fml

After playing the worlds grossest party game....going on a turd hunt....it was found under a pnp.
amberrose3dg 10:17 AM 05-18-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
When you smell a poopy diaper, see evidence that there was poop in the diaper, and can't find the actual turd...fml

After playing the worlds grossest party game....going on a turd hunt....it was found under a pnp.
Gross
MelissaP 04:39 PM 05-18-2018
Totally made a super cute footprint art today with a 3 month old baby. Handed it to mom at pick up and all that she said was "okay". Well f******** you toooo! She hardly ever response to the photos that I send her throughout the day. And they are not paying my full current tuition rate. Mind you, momma drives a big truck and daddy drives a little race care looking honda thing, so there's money there. A@@hats. They will be termed by the end of the summer, I just needed to fill the spot and I just need this one family to sign and this family is GONE! SEE YA!

Rant Finished.
MelissaP 04:42 PM 05-18-2018
Originally Posted by Play Care:
In a similar vein, we live in upstate NY. This time of year can be wild, one day 80, the next in the 50's. Please don't allow your child to wear shorts and t's on those days just because "it was 80 yesterday!"
Yep.. my favorite is long sleeved onsie and no pants or socks or anything. Seriously, your kid needs pants/shorts/ and a short sleeved shirt. It's warm out but not half naked warm.

Same kid as previous post.
Pestle 09:32 PM 05-18-2018
Last week I had to send two minor injury reports to parents within one minute, because they happened at opposite ends of the room and I’m not Stretch Armstrong. And this is why I have approximately 30 linear feet of baby gates in my daycare.
ChelseaB 08:43 AM 05-21-2018
Potty training is hell. Parents who believe their child is ready and bring them to daycare in underpants after 1 week of training at home (supposedly accident free — guess what, other parent already outed you, admitting she did have accidents last week) are the devil.

Believe it or not, no, I don’t want them to fail. But I’m also not scraping poop out of underwear because your child has shown zero initiative to use the potty here. Yes, they have access. No, I don’t want to hear excuses. No, it’s not negotiable. You signed that contract. If they can use the potty, they can do it wearing a pull up, too, without the mess.
Play Care 11:07 AM 05-21-2018
4 1/2 year old boy who thinks he shouldn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do.

A 2 yo who hardly napped.

Same family and I'm not keeping them past this summer.
gumdrops 07:46 AM 05-22-2018
It has been a day full of tattling. After numerous reminders, they are now "reminding" their friends what they are doing wrong VERY loudly, multiple times in a row, while looking at me. I guess it's not technically tattling
gumdrops 07:50 AM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by gumdrops:
It has been a day full of tattling. After numerous reminders, they are now "reminding" their friends what they are doing wrong VERY loudly, multiple times in a row, while looking at me. I guess it's not technically tattling
And when I do correct someone, everyone else has to come look at who's "getting in trouble" and why. They all want to one-up each other. The joys of school-agers!
Ac114 04:50 PM 05-22-2018
DCM at pickup: we’d like to do away with afternoon naps because DCG (just turned 3) is staying up too late in the evenings and we need time to relax.

🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, nap is non negotiable. Usually nap time is when I have a second to breath while I’m watching your child for 9 hours a day and when your child goes home, I have my own to deal with.

No thanks!
amberrose3dg 03:54 AM 05-23-2018
DCM at pickup: we’d like to do away with afternoon naps because DCG (just turned 3) is staying up too late in the evenings and we need time to relax.

🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, nap is non negotiable. Usually nap time is when I have a second to breath while I’m watching your child for 9 hours a day and when your child goes home, I have my own to deal with.

No thanks!
They can look for alternate arrangements
hwichlaz 02:42 PM 05-24-2018
Just a vent, because this child only has three weeks left here...she’s a teachers kid and starting kindy in the fall....

Despite playing games to practice, among other things including bribes, this child cannot whisper. In fact, she can’t be quiet. Part of it is on purpose, but I really believe she can’t figure out whispering.

This means she has to lay quietly during rest time or her friends can’t sleep. So I have her lay down in another room-ish (open floor plan) because she flops around, sighs loudly, moans etc. I’ve tried a box of quiet toy, and a stack of books as well....nope. If she’s allowed an alternative activity it’s flat out beyond her to remember it’s not talking time. She’ll practically shout my name when she decides she’s bored. So....she has to rest. Until this month, she actually napped 4 out of 5 days, so it mostly worked out. But now she’s flipped that.

Sigh....just 3 more weeks 😬

She’s a totally awesome kid. Other than a serious case of the “look at me look at me’s” and the inability to do anything quietly....I’m going to miss her like crazy.
Miss A 07:07 AM 05-29-2018
I am on hour 26 of a migraine from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks. The sensitivity to light and smell is going to be the death of me today.

One DCM coughed until she puked in my entryway. Then says "opps" as she shrugs her shoulders, and leaves me a floor to sanitize.

Another DCM brings payment to drop-off that was due on Friday, and despite having a notice of adjusted rate due to Memorial Day she still shorted me.

I just want to fast forward through this day and start fresh tomorrow.
amberrose3dg 07:47 AM 05-29-2018
I am on hour 26 of a migraine from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks. The sensitivity to light and smell is going to be the death of me today.

One DCM coughed until she puked in my entryway. Then says "opps" as she shrugs her shoulders, and leaves me a floor to sanitize.

Another DCM brings payment to drop-off that was due on Friday, and despite having a notice of adjusted rate due to Memorial Day she still shorted me.

I just want to fast forward through this day and start fresh tomorrow.
Oh my goodness. I think i would of handed her the bucket to clean that up! And parent that shorted you I hope you said something!!
Ac114 11:28 AM 05-29-2018
School agers!!!! What was I thinking?? Enough said.
Febby 11:42 AM 05-29-2018
I was going to get a required training class done today during nap time since I only have two kids for nap since the rest are at school/Head Start. Guess what website is currently down? Yup, my training website.
LysesKids 03:25 PM 05-30-2018
I set this Meet & greet for 6pm tonight. 5:30 I get a text asking for 6:30... sure, gives me time to vacuum & take out trash. Now she texts me (like just now) saying she is running behind & it will be another 25 minutes; Damn, I just want to lock up & cook dinner... as is, it will now be closer to 8pm before I can get something in the oven. Would it be bad of me to have a quick glass of wine and some cheese crackers while waiting?
Ac114 05:28 PM 05-30-2018
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I set this Meet & greet for 6pm tonight. 5:30 I get a text asking for 6:30... sure, gives me time to vacuum & take out trash. Now she texts me (like just now) saying she is running behind & it will be another 25 minutes; Damn, I just want to lock up & cook dinner... as is, it will now be closer to 8pm before I can get something in the oven. Would it be bad of me to have a quick glass of wine and some cheese crackers while waiting?
Nope! I’d cancel and last minute too. My evening time is very important to me.
Josiegirl 02:18 AM 05-31-2018
Nope! I’d cancel and last minute too. My evening time is very important to me.
I was thinking the same thing. I just feel that someone who is already making me jump through hoops to meet with them, isn't going to work out as a good client anyways. How did it work out in the end??
LysesKids 04:01 AM 05-31-2018
I was thinking the same thing. I just feel that someone who is already making me jump through hoops to meet with them, isn't going to work out as a good client anyways. How did it work out in the end??
Ended up showing just before 7pm and wanting Drop-in 2 days a week for the summer only (little would have aged out by August anyway). I did have a glass of wine while cooking dinner @ 8:15pm after they left... it was stressful because for someone who read my website before coming, mom questioned me on policies that are non negotiable (like no fragrance, wanting to send snacks, asking me to potty train a 22 month old when she hadn't even started etc); step dad was on board with my schedule and rules, mom no, grandma loved me lol. I need $$ but not that bad.
amberrose3dg 04:02 AM 05-31-2018
Ugh I had someone like 40 minutes late to interview. She has been late picking up her kid almost every day! I had to tell them if it continued they are out of here. I am already staying open 15 minutes longer than I'd like to. Do not push it!!
LysesKids 05:13 AM 05-31-2018
Ugh I had someone like 40 minutes late to interview. She has been late picking up her kid almost every day! I had to tell them if it continued they are out of here. I am already staying open 15 minutes longer than I'd like to. Do not push it!!
Oh, I let the family know upfront that I wasn't getting to eat dinner until they left and that I was none to happy about it - I was "hangry" by the time it was all said and done @ 8:15, but I held my temper
amberrose3dg 09:22 AM 05-31-2018
Oh, I let the family know upfront that I wasn't getting to eat dinner until they left and that I was none to happy about it - I was "hangry" by the time it was all said and done @ 8:15, but I held my temper
Late is something us providers do not like! It gets on my nerves more than anything!!
Mad_Pistachio 02:47 PM 05-31-2018
we have two brothers in DC, a 3yo and a 5yo. the 3yo has dislocated his wrist and was in a cast for a couple of weeks. today, he was dropped off later than usual (the 5yo was already there) because DCM took him to take the cast off.
the 5yo said, "I want to break my arm, too, so I can be with Mommy!"
that wouldn't be as bad if he didn't try to hurt himself a few times during the rest of the day. like, tripping and slipping intentionally (he's not clumsy).
how bad should it be that a 5yo wants to harm himself just to be with Mom?..
amberrose3dg 03:06 AM 06-01-2018
Originally Posted by Mad_Pistachio:
we have two brothers in DC, a 3yo and a 5yo. the 3yo has dislocated his wrist and was in a cast for a couple of weeks. today, he was dropped off later than usual (the 5yo was already there) because DCM took him to take the cast off.
the 5yo said, "I want to break my arm, too, so I can be with Mommy!"
that wouldn't be as bad if he didn't try to hurt himself a few times during the rest of the day. like, tripping and slipping intentionally (he's not clumsy).
how bad should it be that a 5yo wants to harm himself just to be with Mom?..
Oh my that is so sad
ChelseaB 06:49 AM 06-01-2018
It seems that when it rains, it pours! Already received 3 bits of bad news this morning (hopefully, it’s a case of “bad news comes in 3”, and I don’t receive anymore lol).

1 — I just received the 2 week notice for DCG 1.5. Great family, private pay, and the baby is wonderful. I was her first DC, and now I believe I was merely the back up who had infant space until their preferred DC had s spot for her. Oh well, it happens. Part of the job. DCD was very reassuring that I was amazing and they love it here, they simply desired a different environment (I’m in the city — they are a bit more “organic”, and this new location is on a farm with gardens, animals, etc). I’ll miss her.

2 — Potential enrollee asked me to hold a FT space for this Monday, 2 weeks ago (there was an arrangement where another location in my area is closing today actually, and she listed me as a relocation DC for her clients). I was doing my best to accommodate everyone that I could, and she seemed dedicated to the space. Just received notice this morning that she wished to keep her with her other group of friends, who were all going elsewhere. Luckily, I had someone else needing the spot who will most likely take it.

3 — I watch my nephew based on my brother’s joint custody arrangement (and I would never recommend it — he receives so much special, I’ve had to put him in his place too often yet still get the short end of the deal). I more or less just wanted to help, but it’s turned into a pretty large financial loss since he takes a FT space, and I don’t ask him to pay for the time nephew doesn’t come. Now, his payment for this week will be delayed until next week due to a banking issue. 🤦🏼*♀️🤦🏼*♀️🤦🏼*♀️

For my sanity, I hope that’s it today! Blah!
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55  ... Last
Reply Up