Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Probably Ticked Off My Neighbor
lovemykidstoo 09:58 AM 04-20-2018
So I have all 6 kids out this morning. I have 2 in the stroller. One is 8 months and 1 is 12 months. The 8 month old starts kinda whining. Which is nothing new lol. My nieghbor had stopped to talk to me for a minute and she says, Oh I'm gonna take him out and hold him for a minute and starts to unbuckle his straps. Suddenly "oh no you don't" came right out of my mouth lol. She stopped dead in her tracks. Then I"m like oh crap haha! I said, if you take him out and put him back in, he will be worse. She is kinda a little bit of a stuffy person, so I probably irritated her but geez.
Ac114 10:01 AM 04-20-2018
Lol well you can’t go around picking up babies that don’t belong to you.
Play Care 10:04 AM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
So I have all 6 kids out this morning. I have 2 in the stroller. One is 8 months and 1 is 12 months. The 8 month old starts kinda whining. Which is nothing new lol. My nieghbor had stopped to talk to me for a minute and she says, Oh I'm gonna take him out and hold him for a minute and starts to unbuckle his straps. Suddenly "oh no you don't" came right out of my mouth lol. She stopped dead in her tracks. Then I"m like oh crap haha! I said, if you take him out and put him back in, he will be worse. She is kinda a little bit of a stuffy person, so I probably irritated her but geez.
Yeah, I wouldn't even care. I find it tiresome when people who don't know the child assume they know what the child needs. I get it, whining is irritating and hard to listen to, but let's not teach them that whining is how they get what they want.
amberrose3dg 10:04 AM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by Ac114:
Lol well you can’t go around picking up babies that don’t belong to you.

And not to mention yes they are much worse when you do this. That is most likely why he was whining in the first place.
lovemykidstoo 10:12 AM 04-20-2018
I only feel bad because she's like one of "those" neighbors that is "upper crust" like if you know what I mean. I just knew that he would throw a tizzy if she held him for a minute and then put him back.
daycarediva 10:18 AM 04-20-2018
Who is rude enough to just pick up a stranger's child. As in, it's not even YOUR child she is asking to hold.

I just....idk. People!
Ariana 10:31 AM 04-20-2018
What the heck?! This neighbour needs to be put in her place so good for you.
Unregistered 11:00 AM 04-20-2018
She should have asked first.
Unregistered 11:13 AM 04-20-2018
Reminds me of when my husband was laid off and he started interfering with the daycare. One day while we were outside, he came into the yard to take one of the kids to the park across the street to hit the ball around. Umm, no. I physically got between him and the child. My daycare child, my responsibility. My business, my decisions. Period.
lovemykidstoo 11:17 AM 04-20-2018
The kids are all sleeping, so I went to my mailbox and saw her. I said, sorry, didn't mean to be snippy but when you pull him out when he's crabby it will be worse when you put him back. She apologized and said she shouldn't have just tried to do that that she should have asked. So that was good she realized. I don't think she meant anything by it, but I think since we're in the biz, we get it. Good thing is she won't try it again lol
Pestle 11:54 AM 04-20-2018
"Oh no you don't" is an awesome knee-jerk response in this situation. You don't see her stepping in and interfering when there's a school group out on a field trip, do you?

Oh, I hope you don't. That would be bad.
Josiegirl 02:37 PM 04-20-2018
And what would happen liability wise if she happened to drop the kid or something? Just curious...
MomBoss 07:41 AM 04-23-2018
In my state, you cant pick up an infant unless youve had AHT training. So i would just say that to someone who tried picking up a baby that wasnt theirs.
Unregistered 04:55 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
The kids are all sleeping, so I went to my mailbox and saw her. I said, sorry, didn't mean to be snippy but when you pull him out when he's crabby it will be worse when you put him back. She apologized and said she shouldn't have just tried to do that that she should have asked. So that was good she realized. I don't think she meant anything by it, but I think since we're in the biz, we get it. Good thing is she won't try it again lol
She was trying to help/do something nice. What do you think she might have possibly "meant by it"?
Pestle 07:58 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
She was trying to help/do something nice. What do you think she might have possibly "meant by it"?
We mean that she didn't MEAN to interfere with the child that was entrusted to the care of a skilled professional child care provider. We mean that it didn't occur to her that the parent of this child is not present and she should definitely not be taking this child out of their safety restraint and performing a little impromptu parenting of her own.
lovemykidstoo 04:23 AM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by Pestle:
We mean that she didn't MEAN to interfere with the child that was entrusted to the care of a skilled professional child care provider. We mean that it didn't occur to her that the parent of this child is not present and she should definitely not be taking this child out of their safety restraint and performing a little impromptu parenting of her own.
Exactly, thank you Pestle!
Tags:neighbor issue
Reply Up