Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does It Really Take 2 Weeks To Know?
LeslieG 12:45 PM 05-01-2018
Started a new dck who is almost 3 years old and has never been in daycare before or around other kids for that matter. Boy is he a lot of work!! He also has a speech delay, which doesn't help.

We are on day 2 and my sister (and daycare partner) already feel like it's not going to work out. Does it really take 2 weeks to know??
Blackcat31 01:06 PM 05-01-2018
Originally Posted by LeslieG:
Started a new dck who is almost 3 years old and has never been in daycare before or around other kids for that matter. Boy is he a lot of work!! He also has a speech delay, which doesn't help.

We are on day 2 and my sister (and daycare partner) already feel like it's not going to work out. Does it really take 2 weeks to know??
Depends on alot of things.

I think it really depends on whether or not you can manage the issues or if you feel things could change at all.

I've extended my trial period for kids I felt just needed a bit more time and shortened my trial period for situations I simply knew weren't going to work out.
Ariana 02:05 PM 05-01-2018
I almost always give it a full 6 weeks and mainly I do that IF I see some improvement over those weeks and feel the parents can help me.

I termed one child in a little less than 2 weeks because she was hell on wheels and I knew there was no way we could curb the behavior as it got progressively worse instead of better.

So in some ways you know sooner than 2 weeks and sometimes it takes a little longer BUT when you know, you know. Sounds like your assistant is there but you aren’t yet.
alyssahenderson 10:34 PM 05-01-2018
It actually depends a lot of things. But for me I usually extend my trial period for kids if needed.
Play Care 03:07 AM 05-02-2018
I usually know within a couple of days.
jenboo 05:47 AM 05-02-2018
I've had kids to a total 180 three weeks in out of no where.
Gemma 09:57 AM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by LeslieG:

I've had that kid!
For me, whether I keep the child or not depends on the family! I'm willing to put in the extra work only if I see that the parents are fully cooperating with me, not at home (don't care to even discuss what goes on at home, I already have the idea) but from the minute they pull in my driveway, till the minute they leave at the end of each day, it's my way or no way!
Tags:2 weeks, trial period
Reply Up