Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Have a Screecher?
lovemykidstoo 07:21 AM 05-15-2018
I have a 3 yr old dcb that when mom or dad comes, he instantly runs and does the highest pitched screech I've ever heard. Literally pierces my brain. He does it inside my house and then he goes outside running around while mom is talking and does it at the top of his lungs. I am sure my neighbors just love it. I absolutely hate it and I tell him myself to stop doing that, you're making my brain bleed and she just laughs. He's over 3 now, so right when she pulls in I tell him not to do that too and he does it anyway. Drives me out of my mind. He thinks it is funny. Once she gets him buckled in, he looks at me and screeches again.
amberrose3dg 07:32 AM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I have a 3 yr old dcb that when mom or dad comes, he instantly runs and does the highest pitched screech I've ever heard. Literally pierces my brain. He does it inside my house and then he goes outside running around while mom is talking and does it at the top of his lungs. I am sure my neighbors just love it. I absolutely hate it and I tell him myself to stop doing that, you're making my brain bleed and she just laughs. He's over 3 now, so right when she pulls in I tell him not to do that too and he does it anyway. Drives me out of my mind. He thinks it is funny. Once she gets him buckled in, he looks at me and screeches again.
Ugh I have girls that scream high pitched like that. I also have a kid who sneezes in my face every chance he gets. I am dead serious when I tell you whenever I have to bend down to his level he sneezes right in my face.
Cat Herder 07:37 AM 05-15-2018
I have had one before. They moved.

storybookending 07:50 AM 05-15-2018
My niece (2.5) has recently started this although it is random and short screeches and only about 3-4 times a day. Usually just when she gets really excited about something. Still drives me nuts. My older girls are all obsessed with dolls lately.. they don’t touch any other toys unless what they are using can be used with their babies in some way shape or form. I just tell her “shh that hurts your babies ears” or “baby is sleeping” and she stops
sharlan 08:11 AM 05-15-2018
Yes, I have one that has the highest, loudest ear drum rupturing screech ever.

Drives me crazy. I so want to tape her little mouth. No , I would never do it.

I sit her on the sofa every single time she does it. Slowly, it's getting better.
lovemykidstoo 08:26 AM 05-15-2018
The thing is, he pretty much does it when his mom or dad are here. He tries it every once in awhile when he's here with me but I stop it right away and he doesn't do it again. When his parents are here it's non stop and they talk forever. I yell at him in front of the parent too to no avail. They say nothing!
Pestle 08:44 AM 05-15-2018
I have one who's undersized, which gives her a screech like a piccolo. I came on here in a daze a few weeks ago when she'd first discovered this wonderful new sound. Now she reserves it for special occasions. like when she remembers she can do it, and sets off one of the much bigger toddlers. Happy SHRIEKS.
Unregistered 10:28 AM 05-15-2018
I have 2 girls, siblings ages 2.5 and 4. As soon as their mother comes they turn into monsters. Screaming, being obnoxious. I CAN'T STAND IT. Mom does nothing to stop bad behavior. I am counting down the days until this family is done for good. I termed them to save my sanity. It has been a long 3 years. 16 days and counting. YAYYYY
rosieteddy 10:57 AM 05-15-2018
I would tell parents the behavior is unexceptable.I would tell them starting tomorrow that they are to text or call when they are here.I would have child ready to leave and tell parents no long conversations take your child immediately to car.I would walk away.I would tell child that was new rule no screaming at all.If he starts when mom is there ask them to take him to the car.I did bribe my DCK'S if they greeted their parents nicely (hi mom-dad how was your day)and got in car and buckled they got a sticker from me.It only took a couple of no sticker days.They were like little angels.At that age he knows better. I also would do time out during the day every time he screamed Noone needs that good luck.
e.j. 11:11 AM 05-15-2018
I think I have his clone. I thought once dck headed off to school in September, I'd have some peace and quiet. Unfortunately, younger sibling has recently picked up the same habit. Could be another very loooooong 3 years!
Ac114 12:18 PM 05-15-2018
YES!!!! I have 2.5 DCB who literally screeches at everything. When he’s happ, mad, parents pick up, you look at him wrong, touch something he wants, it’s literallg never ending and all day long. I considering terming every other week because of it. It wakes up the babies every single time too. I’ve tried hushing, talking to him about it, sitting him down to no avail. Parents thinnks it’s cute and say oh you can hear him a mile away.
BrynleeJean 01:24 PM 05-15-2018
honestly if the child wasn't doing it because they were upset, like crying, and they didnt spot when i asked them to, and they should be able to at the age of three, then id have them sit with me reluctantly enduring the sound until they decided that playing was better than not listening to their teacher.

in young ages I'm not harsh on listening because of the age but as they get into preschool I'm very serious about it because idk I've been in several center based lock down or fire evacuation situation where i had to have children that minded me in order to get a ratio of 15 plus children out the door in a timely and safe manner or just quiet and still for any length of time. i don't keep children that won't mind for the safety of them and others in care.
Play Care 10:47 AM 05-16-2018
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
I would tell parents the behavior is unexceptable.I would tell them starting tomorrow that they are to text or call when they are here.I would have child ready to leave and tell parents no long conversations take your child immediately to car.I would walk away.I would tell child that was new rule no screaming at all.If he starts when mom is there ask them to take him to the car.I did bribe my DCK'S if they greeted their parents nicely (hi mom-dad how was your day)and got in car and buckled they got a sticker from me.It only took a couple of no sticker days.They were like little angels.At that age he knows better. I also would do time out during the day every time he screamed Noone needs that good luck.
This!
I opened this thread thinking it would be about an infant/young toddler (my current issue ). At 3 I would be cutting that crap out. He's old enough to be told to knock it off. And his parents need to be told that it's not cute/appropriate. Maybe they have no idea???
lovemykidstoo 11:09 AM 05-16-2018
Originally Posted by Play Care:
This!
I opened this thread thinking it would be about an infant/young toddler (my current issue ). At 3 I would be cutting that crap out. He's old enough to be told to knock it off. And his parents need to be told that it's not cute/appropriate. Maybe they have no idea???
Oh they fully know because 98% of the time he does it, they're here. Yesterday the mom came to pick him up and he jumped in the front seat while I was looking at their new baby in the car. He then proceeded to do his screech and even beeped the horn. I told him to stop several times. She just goes hahaha. duh!!! So I told him this morning how that was not to happen again and I told him if it did, then tomorrow i would remember and first thing he's sitting in time out. If mom isn't going to do anything, then I will. He looks right at me and does it and mom says nothing. You would think that after I say things multiple times that she would correct him. It is beyond annoying. Alot of times he's running all over the place doing the screeching while mom talks to me, other parents etc. I have said multiple times that my neighbors don't like that.
Play Care 11:12 AM 05-16-2018
Yikes! That would make me want to term. I am clear that they are NOT to bother my neighbors in any way, shape, or form. And that mom doesn't seem to care/stop it just smacks of blatant disrespect.
Tags:screeching
Reply Up