Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Am Thinking Of Starting A Daycare. I Been Looking Around The Daycare Forum..
TGPII 04:51 PM 07-20-2014
I am thinking of starting a daycare. I been looking around the daycare forum but I am confused in what is the first step in starting a daycare? It can not be a home daycare because I do not own my home. I looked into franchising but they want way to much. Buying and existing daycare would be my preference however I been looking online without much help. Anyone know the best place or way to find daycare for sale?

I am willing to relocate for the right career position. I have experience in daycare I have done every job in a daycare center at some point. I do appreciate your incites and help. How did you know were to start when opening a daycare. What government agency did you contact first and why? I currently live in the suburbs of Chicago, IL. I have worked in daycares in the suburbs and the city. Currently I am the director of a daycare in the city.
Michael 05:17 PM 07-20-2014
Here is a helpful thread: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31166
Blackcat31 05:29 PM 07-20-2014
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72177
sahm1225 04:38 AM 07-21-2014
In illinois you are able to do a home daycare Eden if you dingoes the home. You just need landlord approval
Naptime yet? 05:10 AM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
In illinois you are able to do a home daycare Eden if you dingoes the home. You just need landlord approval
I love autocorrect !
Sugar Magnolia 10:03 AM 07-21-2014
I pm'ed you several days ago about this.

If you want to start a center, I recommended exploring buying a residential home that could be eligible for zoning change. Or commercial leases. If you have your heart set on buying an existing daycare, try a local business broker. I would not want the baggage of an existing center that is failing or floundering though.
Sugar Magnolia 10:37 AM 07-21-2014
I just googled daycare for sale Illinois and got a result for Loopnet that listed several for sale.
sahm1225 11:57 AM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by Naptime yet?:
I love autocorrect !
Oh no!!!! Oops.

I meant even if you don't own the home
LysesKids 12:19 PM 07-21-2014
I know for a fact you can do childcare out of a rental... heck I did it as my job in a Hud townhouse with their approval in Galena IL - I even took vouchers. Pretty sure you can do it in Chicagoland too
Tags:start a day care
Reply Up