Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Excited/Not Excited for School to Start
Excited 28 75.68%
Not Excited 9 24.32%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Excited/Not Excited for school to start
Country Kids 08:47 AM 08-16-2012
Just wondering how many of you are Excited/Not Excited for school to start.

I really miss my kids when they aren't here and hate when schools starts back up. I love having them home.

I think also, I hate the business school brings-ssssssooooooo much homework everynight, sports schedules, just the rushness of the day to get everything done!
Springdaze 08:51 AM 08-16-2012
I am excited because I have 2 school age kids that are leaving! I will miss my own and Im kinda nervous because I was urged to keep my son back and didnt. I will only have 2 kids, if the ones mom gets hired permanentely so I need some more!!!!!!
JenNJ 08:57 AM 08-16-2012
My oldest is starting first grade this year. I am going to miss seeing his face around here each day.
MsMe 09:02 AM 08-16-2012
NEVER BEEN MORE EXCITED EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have any kids of my own...so it just means that my 6 LOUD 5yr olds will bw going to kindergaten!!!!! Part of me thought i woul dbe sad I have had them all since birth or 1 yr....but not after the last few weeks............they are too big for daycare and READY for Kindergarten.
daycarediva 10:32 AM 08-16-2012
I'm excited! I will miss my own kids very much, and dcb but not so much dcg and I am VERY anxious for my other dcg to age out. 12 is a PITB! My own daughter is 13 and is my helper, the 12 yo needs more watching then the 2yos. Crazy!
Annalee 10:35 AM 08-16-2012
Although my sons keep me hopping in the summer especially with me having a home child care, I really, really wish I had the discipline, courage to home-school. I do see the positive of social-interaction at public school and our school is a little country school anyway. However, I miss them so much!
AmyLeigh 11:23 AM 08-16-2012
I'm having mixed emotions today, the first day of school. On one hand the dcb's were driving me nuts with the constant fighting, but on the other, I'm kind of missing them. I didn't realize how I would feel until one dcm texted me a picture of the boys this morning.
As for my own, I homeschool, and we won't be starting until September. These next 2 weeks are for me to get organized.
AfterSchoolMom 12:37 PM 08-16-2012
Not excited AT ALL. The beginning of this school year will be a bit chaotic for our family. The baby is due only a few days beforehand, we'll have out of town family staying over, my oldest is starting middle school and will need to get up an hour earlier than last year, and with the start of the school year starts all of the after school activities as well. Added to that, I won't have kids at first, so won't have income for a month or two.

I'm excited to have the baby, but I love the summer - so laid back and relaxed!
sharlan 01:21 PM 08-16-2012
I still have too many things I want to do with the kids. I ran out of summer before I ran out of things I wanted to do.

All of my outings will come to an abrupt halt on Monday. No more beach, no more Raging Waters, no more aquariums, no more movies. no more whale watching, no more Disneyland. We didn't make it to Legoland, Cabrillo Marine Museum, Museum of Natual History, the Children's Museums, camping (yes I take the kids camping once during the summer).
AmyLeigh 04:02 PM 08-16-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I still have too many things I want to do with the kids. I ran out of summer before I ran out of things I wanted to do.

All of my outings will come to an abrupt halt on Monday. No more beach, no more Raging Waters, no more aquariums, no more movies. no more whale watching, no more Disneyland. We didn't make it to Legoland, Cabrillo Marine Museum, Museum of Natual History, the Children's Museums, camping (yes I take the kids camping once during the summer).
I want to go to your daycare, Sharlan! I'd apply as an assistant, but the 5 hour one way commute might get old. Lol.
Country Kids 04:05 PM 08-16-2012
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
Not excited AT ALL. The beginning of this school year will be a bit chaotic for our family. The baby is due only a few days beforehand, we'll have out of town family staying over, my oldest is starting middle school and will need to get up an hour earlier than last year, and with the start of the school year starts all of the after school activities as well. Added to that, I won't have kids at first, so won't have income for a month or two.

I'm excited to have the baby, but I love the summer - so laid back and relaxed!
I get what you mean about a new baby. My last one was born on a Sat. I was up Friday through Monday with very little sleep. I had to make sure I didn't get into to deep of a sleep on Monday because I still had to get my daughter up Monday and off to school. Then I still had the other 3 to be up and alert for.
sharlan 05:22 PM 08-16-2012
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
I want to go to your daycare, Sharlan! I'd apply as an assistant, but the 5 hour one way commute might get old. Lol.
So far this summer, we made 5 trips to the beach, 1 to Disneyland, 7 to Raging Waters, 7 movies, 4 to Aquarium of the Pacific, barbecue at Irvine Park (where we rode the train, ponies, and water trikes), 2 to different zoos, 1 whale watching trip, 6 or 7 restaurants for lunch. I LOVE SUMMER OUTINGS!
Sugar Magnolia 06:52 PM 08-16-2012
My oldest son will be a senior in high school. That makes me feel old. My youngest is starting 3rd grade. We didn't do much this summer. Feeling guilty. Haven't gone shopping, just work work work.
jojosmommy 08:19 PM 08-16-2012
I am excited. My dcg will be going to K and mom is still paying the FT rate!!! And my DS will be going to pre k two evenings a week which means 1 eve I will go to prek with him and play together and the other I will be teaching a class while he goes to school.
My3cents 12:00 PM 08-21-2012
need a bitter sweet button.

I am caught in the middle

I didn't poll
boysx5 04:55 PM 08-21-2012
I'm very excited I will only have four daycare kids and after having my five sons plus 7 or 8 daycare kids I need a break. My oldest will be a senior this year and makes me feel old. Time does go fast
Tags:back to school, poll
Reply Up