Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Do Parents Spoil Their Children Then Hire Us To 'Fix' Them?
permanentvacation 11:31 AM 01-05-2012
Lately, it seems that all the calls/new kids I've gotten has been from parents saying something to this effect... "Hi, my child is 3 and we have sent her to grandma's to be babysat her entire life. Grandmom has always given her everything she wants. For example, if she only wants ice cream for lunch AND dinner, that's what Grandmom gives her. However, now we are noticing that having her go to Grandmom's and allowing her to get everything she wants is not good for her. So, we want her to go to daycare now. You offer a structured environment and have rules that she will have to follow, right?"

I'm thinking, 'OMG!!! Why don't they just say - "we raised her all wrong, and now she's driving us nuts! Can you fix her?"
mismatchedsocks 11:34 AM 01-05-2012
I hear ya! I have two kids who come here to just learn some structure and rules. Mom or dad is at home during day. I dont mind much, EXCEPT as soon as mom or dad picks up they used to get wild. There is no structure at home, and "have no idea how I do it"
Blackcat31 12:17 PM 01-05-2012
It is a grandparent right to spoil their grandchild.

However, in order to keep my own sanity, I NEVER take children over the age of 1 yr who have had a grandparent as their primary source of child care for reasons you are well aware of.
cheerfuldom 01:07 PM 01-05-2012
well at least they are trying to find some structure instead of letting the wild behavior get worse and worse. I have no problem givinf these kids a shot because some of them really are just nice kids that need structure. It is hard to break habits when they wait for three years though
Heidi 07:08 PM 01-05-2012
lol...I was reading your headline and want to add:

And then send them to Parochial school to fix them .....more???...
Reply Up