Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Regular Turnover at Daycare
MitchP 05:13 PM 06-07-2012
The full time daycare our son attends -- a Tutor Time -- seems to experience what my wife and I consider to be "regular turnover". It seems that every four months or so some key personnel like the director, assistant director, or by chance one of our favorite teachers is leaving for other opportunities.

Is it normal for a preschool/daycare to experience so much turnover? It doesn't seem as if people are coming and going in so short a time, it just seems as if there's a limit--like no more than 2 years--to how long they'll stay.

We've heard rumors about this one or that one parting on less than good terms but from our point of view they are just rumors and we know one person that was fired definitely lacked customer service skills (even though we liked her as an infant teacher); and I don't know of any business anywhere where everybody is happy.

Our son is very happy and we're very happy with the results we're getting from the no-small-amount of money we're spending monthly.

We just would appreciate peoples' thoughts on our perception of the "regular turnover".

Thanks!

-Mitch
Tags:turnover
Up