Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Santa Claus
nikia 08:36 PM 11-16-2010
Wow I feel like I ask a lot of questions on this thing lol but its so nice to have thoughts of other providers. The same family I posted about earlier today is causing me more headaches. 4 year old dcg has two older siblings who r dropped off without notice continually. Today was the same only the older girl who is 9 tells my daughter who is 7 that santa claus is not real. I did not over hear this conversation but my daughter asks me later tonight if santa claus is real. I tell her of course he is honey. She says well so and so told me today he's not. I tell her he is and she is satisfied for now. At this point I'm pretty angry between that and the other issues with this family. I call dcm no answer so I leave a message basically stating what happened and that in this house we believe in santa please speak with your child and ask her to not do this again. Did I over react? I just can't imagine if other kids would have heard this the kids that r just learning about the magic of Christmas. Side note all of families do have their children believing in Santa.
marniewon 09:24 PM 11-16-2010
I don't think you over-reacted at all. Although I'm a Christian, and we celebrate Jesus' birth over everything else, a big part of the "magic" of Christmas when my kids were little was Santa! A 9 year old going around telling others (younger) that Santa isn't real is just being a brat! I was the oldest child, and even though a "brat" ruined my Christmas magic at an early age, I did everything in my power to keep my younger siblings believing for as long as I could. My kids were the same way. Because it's still fun, even as a child who knows the difference, to see the magic in their siblings.

I know you didn't ask for opinions regarding the no-notice drop-offs of the older siblings, but I'll give you mine anyway . You might want to add in your contract the cost of dropping off with no notice. I have in my contract that drop-ins will be billed at regular rate with notice, but if no notice is given, the rate is about $10/day higher - and is due that day. You deserve the notice to make sure you are prepared for SA's - meals, snacks, activities, etc. And in my opinion, it's just disrespectful for people to drop off kids with no warning. We get enough disrespect in this job - make your parents aware of it and charge accordingly (to help drive the point home).
Lucy 10:50 PM 11-16-2010
I do see your point, and would be disappointed about it just as you were. However, I feel like at school, there will always be that older child who will spill the beans about Santa, the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, etc. I'm sure you wouldn't call up all their parents and ask them not to do it. I'd just let it all play out organically. You can't put them in a bubble. I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever, but I'm just giving an outsider's perspective. Life happens for these kids, and in this case, it "happened" in your house.

Also, if she outright asked me about Santa I would've said "some people believe in him and some don't. That's their choice." That way it leaves her with the thought of "well, I still believe in Santa, and I'm sad for Sally that she doesn't."

I don't know... just some thoughts. It's late though - goodnight!
melskids 03:28 AM 11-17-2010
to be honest, ive caught my son almost spilling the beans a couple of times. although i stress all the time why he shouldnt, and he knows how mad i would be if he did, i think its an aweful big secret to expect a small child to keep. its got to be hard to be 6, 7, 8 years old and know something like that, and have the maturity to not tell. heck, even grown ups gossip, ya know? and in my experience, thats usually around the age kids find out anyway. at least from what i remember as a kid, and when my kids and their friends started finding out. JMO, of course.
legomom922 03:53 AM 11-17-2010
Well, I am also Christian, and we do not believe in santa claus or the easter bunny. I dont even call it easter, we call it resurrection day. Nor do I celebrate halloween. To me, the "magic" is Jesus birth and how he came to save the world. I would never have any type of a santa decoration up..in fact the pic of santa makes me sick...In my opnion, telling kids about santa is lying, and diminshes our saviours birth, and kids grow up not believing in Jesus, if you ask my kids, they will tell you there is no santa. Kids will tell other kids what they believe because that is how they were raised, and everyone has different beliefs, which they are entitled to. So before you go jumping down the parents throat, you should find out why they dont believe in santa.
nikia 04:30 AM 11-17-2010
I didnt come on here to debate the spirit of Christmas. I am catholic, my children know EXACTLY why we celebrate Christmas, that really wasnt my point. We chose to have them believe in Santa as do my other daycare families. I know that this the age were they start to question if he is real or not and I am not expecting to put them in a bubble, this happened at my house though and I feel I can say that a secret that parents want their children to believe in should not be spilled here. To me its the same as saying Da** it, or stupid and not wanting that said your home.

Anyways thanks for the thoughts but it wasnt meant to be a debate about who believes in Jesus, who is jewish, ect. I am sure if any of the other kids would have heard I would have had 4 angry calls about what little Sally and Billy heard at daycare.
daysofelijah 04:34 AM 11-17-2010
Yeah I wouldn't be too hard on the girl. I think it was fine that you asked the mom to tell her to not talk about it. But with your daughter being 7, it's probably time to realize it's going to be happening.

We don't believe in Santa here, but I tell my kids that some people like to pretend he's real so not to ruin it for the little kids. (My boys are 6 and 7.) I was the bad cousin who told my cousin that Santa isn't real and it cause a huge fight between my dad and his sister (my aunt). It is really hard for a kid to be expected to keep such a big secret as someone said previously. Do don't be too hard on her, and just remind her that some people believe and she needs to respect that.

I think maybe all the issues you have with this family might be hard to overcome though, and if you can afford it I would probably let them go.
nikia 04:41 AM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by daysofelijah:
I think maybe all the issues you have with this family might be hard to overcome though, and if you can afford it I would probably let them go.
I think that is pretty much the whole thing, I guess thinking about it, the santa thing was the last straw for me and all the stuff added on top of it. So that was the thing that took me over the edge. The girl is also 11 not nine, had her age wrong since I dont have paperwork on her and she isnt supposed to be here at all anyway. Asked her this morning and she is 11.
legomom922 04:57 AM 11-17-2010
It's not turning into a debate about who believes in Jesus, etc. It was just my opinion on the matter, that you cant expect everyone in your house to believe in what you believe. A belief and a secret are 2 different things, and even though it is your house, you have to be careful when your beliefs are different than someone elses, and beliefs are different than cuss words. I would just tell your child that people believe in different things and that has to be respected.
QualiTcare 04:58 AM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by Joyce:
I do see your point, and would be disappointed about it just as you were. However, I feel like at school, there will always be that older child who will spill the beans about Santa, the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, etc. I'm sure you wouldn't call up all their parents and ask them not to do it. I'd just let it all play out organically. You can't put them in a bubble. I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever, but I'm just giving an outsider's perspective. Life happens for these kids, and in this case, it "happened" in your house.

Also, if she outright asked me about Santa I would've said "some people believe in him and some don't. That's their choice." That way it leaves her with the thought of "well, I still believe in Santa, and I'm sad for Sally that she doesn't."

I don't know... just some thoughts. It's late though - goodnight!
i totally agree. my daughter believes in santa, but she's also skeptical bc she's too smart for her own good. i'm sure she's heard older kids say he isn't real also. isn't that one of the great debates of childhood?

honestly, if someone called to tell me my child said santa wasn't real i'd probably laugh and tell them to be sure and never let them talk about God then or sally would really be in for a surprise! and then i'd hang up
legomom922 05:13 AM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
honestly, if someone called to tell me my child said santa wasn't real i'd probably laugh and tell them to be sure and never let them talk about God then or sally would really be in for a surprise! and then i'd hang up

nikia 06:13 AM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by legomom922:
It's not turning into a debate about who believes in Jesus, etc. It was just my opinion on the matter, that you cant expect everyone in your house to believe in what you believe. A belief and a secret are 2 different things, and even though it is your house, you have to be careful when your beliefs are different than someone elses, and beliefs are different than cuss words. I would just tell your child that people believe in different things and that has to be respected.
I do not expect everyone to believe what I do, I do think that there should be a respect for what people do believe. I would not tell their child Santa is real or even God for that matter as that is not what they believe. I think that there should be respect and level of tolerance for other peoples beliefs. I dont think that any age is too young to learn respect for other people and thier beliefs. I asked the mom to talk to her child and explain that we believe a certain way and to respect that. It would be the same with anything God, Jesus, eat organic or not. The list goes on and on.
safechner 07:40 AM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by nikia:
Wow I feel like I ask a lot of questions on this thing lol but its so nice to have thoughts of other providers. The same family I posted about earlier today is causing me more headaches. 4 year old dcg has two older siblings who r dropped off without notice continually. Today was the same only the older girl who is 9 tells my daughter who is 7 that santa claus is not real. I did not over hear this conversation but my daughter asks me later tonight if santa claus is real. I tell her of course he is honey. She says well so and so told me today he's not. I tell her he is and she is satisfied for now. At this point I'm pretty angry between that and the other issues with this family. I call dcm no answer so I leave a message basically stating what happened and that in this house we believe in santa please speak with your child and ask her to not do this again. Did I over react? I just can't imagine if other kids would have heard this the kids that r just learning about the magic of Christmas. Side note all of families do have their children believing in Santa.
I have a 8 year old daughter who still believes in Santa Claus. A couple years ago, she told me that some of the kids told my daughter he is not real. What I told her well the reason is that, the kids don't believe in Santa Claus and he dont come in their houses to give the presents from him if they don't believe in. My daughter usually agreed with me. When I was 10 years old and I found out santa is not real when I saw my parents put the presents under the tree at midnight. However, I still do not lose my Christmas spirit.

Last year, my daughter was very excited to get more presents from Santa sooner. I had 3 years old dcg heard over my daughter and she told my daughter he is not real. I told dcg yes, he is real and she told me no he is not real. Later on, I found why they dont believe in Santa because of her parents are christian whatever. I talked to my daughter don't worry about them but it is up to her if she believes in Santa. Yes, she still do.
laundrymom 09:52 AM 11-17-2010
Here,.. in this house,.. Santa is real,... period. As real as the gray in my hair, the dishes in the sink, and the dirt on the mat out front. Here,... Santa ROCKS. Santa and other childhood beliefs are alive and well here. When you stop believing in the magic,.. you become the magic. Last year,... my daughter found out about the tooth fairy,... we were sitting as a family and she said something about putting her tooth under her pillow. Then she looked at me, my husband, my then 18 yr old son,.. and said,.. yes, I should go put it in there right??? and she looked at her big bubby with big crocodile tears,... and said,.. right bubby,....??? He said,.. Yes sweetie,.. go ahead,.. and she took about 3 steps,.. turned around and grabbed him,... crying,.. bubby,... its Mommy isnt it? well,.. he cried, she cried,.. and we all came clean,.. and reminded her that because of the babies she had to be part of the magic,... (the daycare families) then she sat down,... looked at me,.. and said,.. what about easter bunny? I just smiled at her,.... then she point blank said,.. Well I know Santa is real because You guys cant afford cool presents like his..... then Daddy took her in his arms,... hugged her,.. and tears began to fall down this big tough guys face,.. and she just weeped,... She became part of the magic at that moment. She knows,... Santa is the magic, until you dont believe, then you become the magic for others. It was hard on all of us when our baby became the magic. ItHere, if a daycare child had told the secret, I wouldnt have called the mom, I would have called the child, and asked WHAT ON EARTH WOULD MAKE HER DO SUCH A MEAN HATEFUL THING? then I would have told mom that either she discuss with the child how serious an issue it is,.. or she could find other care for her. I dont play with things like this. If she ever said something that inappropriate again,.. she could consider it grounds for termination. That is a respect thing. SHe chose not to respect the rules, people and things in my home,.. and that is a contractual thing. As far as the whole Christmas idea and Is there or isnt there? Here, Im a private, for profit, childcare in an openly christian home. If you don't want your child in a christian environment then you wouldnt have them here.
nikia 10:21 AM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Here,.. in this house,.. Santa is real,... period. As real as the gray in my hair, the dishes in the sink, and the dirt on the mat out front. Here,... Santa ROCKS. Santa and other childhood beliefs are alive and well here. When you stop believing in the magic,.. you become the magic. Last year,... my daughter found out about the tooth fairy,... we were sitting as a family and she said something about putting her tooth under her pillow. Then she looked at me, my husband, my then 18 yr old son,.. and said,.. yes, I should go put it in there right??? and she looked at her big bubby with big crocodile tears,... and said,.. right bubby,....??? He said,.. Yes sweetie,.. go ahead,.. and she took about 3 steps,.. turned around and grabbed him,... crying,.. bubby,... its Mommy isnt it? well,.. he cried, she cried,.. and we all came clean,.. and reminded her that because of the babies she had to be part of the magic,... (the daycare families) then she sat down,... looked at me,.. and said,.. what about easter bunny? I just smiled at her,.... then she point blank said,.. Well I know Santa is real because You guys cant afford cool presents like his..... then Daddy took her in his arms,... hugged her,.. and tears began to fall down this big tough guys face,.. and she just weeped,... She became part of the magic at that moment. She knows,... Santa is the magic, until you dont believe, then you become the magic for others. It was hard on all of us when our baby became the magic. ItHere, if a daycare child had told the secret, I wouldnt have called the mom, I would have called the child, and asked WHAT ON EARTH WOULD MAKE HER DO SUCH A MEAN HATEFUL THING? then I would have told mom that either she discuss with the child how serious an issue it is,.. or she could find other care for her. I dont play with things like this. If she ever said something that inappropriate again,.. she could consider it grounds for termination. That is a respect thing. SHe chose not to respect the rules, people and things in my home,.. and that is a contractual thing. As far as the whole Christmas idea and Is there or isnt there? Here, Im a private, for profit, childcare in an openly christian home. If you don't want your child in a christian environment then you wouldnt have them here.
I think you hit the nail on the head on how I feel. To me it is a respect thing as my post earlier said. I expect them to respect my property, my animals, my other daycare kids why not my beliefs? They dont have to agree but they do not have to disrespect what we believe in this home. And I would have felt awful if all the other kids heard it and went home crying to their moms and dads about something like being overheard at my home. My dd did bring it up again on the way to school and I told her that some people believe and some people dont, but we chose to believe. I told her some people dont believe in God (use should have seen her face on that one) but we chose to believe in him. I told her that we respect other peoples beliefs even if we dont think the same thing. She got it at 7 so I dont think its asking to much for the dcm to talk to her older daughter and do the same thing.

And laundrymom I teared up reading about your daughter and the toothfairy.
safechner 10:32 AM 11-17-2010
Thank you! Well said!
boysx5 11:00 AM 11-17-2010
my feelings all the way
legomom922 11:18 AM 11-17-2010
I would have called the child, and asked WHAT ON EARTH WOULD MAKE HER DO SUCH A MEAN HATEFUL THING? If she ever said something that inappropriate again,.. she could consider it grounds for termination. That is a respect thing. SHe chose not to respect the rules
Mean and hateful thing? What on earth makes you say that about a child?? And you say you are Christian? Christian of what religion?? Whom are you to judge her? Do you know what they believe? Do you have that in your contract? That you can never say anything about Santa Claus in your home? If not, I suggest you put in in there under the santa CLAUSE:

"No child shall ever say that Santa Claus is not real in MY home and if they are caught, it will be grounds for instant termination"

Are you for real?? How many clients do you really think you would have??

Do you honestly think a 7 yr old read and understood your contract and that by her bringing up the TRUTH about santa claus she purposely is disrespecting your rules?

I think you should term them and let them go find a "real" Christian daycare..

I don't understand how people who claim to be Christian, can act in such a un-chrsitian way.......Anyone can say they believe in God, but it's their actions that speak louder and tell the truth...
nikia 11:24 AM 11-17-2010
[quote=legomom922;58272]
I would have called the child, and asked WHAT ON EARTH WOULD MAKE HER DO SUCH A MEAN HATEFUL THING? If she ever said something that inappropriate again,.. she could consider it grounds for termination. That is a respect thing. SHe chose not to respect the rules/QUOTE]

Mean and hateful thing? What on earth makes you say that about a child?? And you say you are Christian? Christian of what religion?? Whom are you to judge her? Do you know what they believe? Do you have that in your contract? That you can never say anything about Santa Claus in your home? If not, I suggest you put in in there under the santa CLAUSE:

"No child shall ever say that Santa Claus is not real in MY home and if they are caught, it will be grounds for instant termination"

Do you honestly think a 7 yr old read and understood your contract and that by her bringing up the TRUTH about santa claus she purposely is disrespecting your rules?

I don't understand how people who claim to be Christian, can act in such a un-chrsitian way.......Anyone can say they believe in God, but it's their actions that speak louder and tell the truth...
ok the girl was 11 my daughter is 7. do you really think is wrong to ask the mom to ask her daughter to respect anothers beliefs?? Whether it be santa or God.
laundrymom 11:28 AM 11-17-2010
yes mean and hateful,.she was trying to hurt the little ones feelings by ratting out santa. . she was 11 not 7 and yes, it is disrespect. I do have that in my contract, and Im full with a waiting list that goes to march of 2012 so I guess yes. I will be pretty full. I gues Im not christian enough for you but I dont need to be. =-)
Lucy 11:37 AM 11-17-2010
Merry Christmas
Unregistered 11:45 AM 11-17-2010
My daughter has known that Santa isn't real since she was about 4. She figured it out on her own (it doesn't help when mom & dad use the same wrapping paper as Santa!). She asked us if Santa was real. We tried to change the subject so that we wouldn't have to address it. She said that she thought that Santa was pretend because we use the same wrapping paper as Santa. We asked her if she wanted the truth and she said yes. We told her the truth and we told her that she can never, ever tell any other kids that Santa's not real because it might make them sad. She never did tell anyone about Santa and still loves Christmas as much as she did before she knew.

As far as the christianity aspect goes, I really don't think that believing or not believing in Santa is a good indicator of how good of a christian a person is. I think that the love and compassion that a person shows to others is a much better way to demonstrate faith. Don't be a christian, be Christ-like. I have a hard time believing that Jesus would find Santa offensive, so why should anyone else?
SunflowerMama 12:23 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by Joyce:
Merry Christmas
I was thinking the same thing. Let's direct everyone back to our 'Thankful thread' and brighten up this day a bit.
QualiTcare 12:41 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My daughter has known that Santa isn't real since she was about 4. She figured it out on her own (it doesn't help when mom & dad use the same wrapping paper as Santa!). She asked us if Santa was real. We tried to change the subject so that we wouldn't have to address it. She said that she thought that Santa was pretend because we use the same wrapping paper as Santa. We asked her if she wanted the truth and she said yes. We told her the truth and we told her that she can never, ever tell any other kids that Santa's not real because it might make them sad. She never did tell anyone about Santa and still loves Christmas as much as she did before she knew.

As far as the christianity aspect goes, I really don't think that believing or not believing in Santa is a good indicator of how good of a christian a person is. I think that the love and compassion that a person shows to others is a much better way to demonstrate faith. Don't be a christian, be Christ-like. I have a hard time believing that Jesus would find Santa offensive, so why should anyone else?
my daughter was 4 when she started questioning santa also without any help from a tattle tale. i told her he's real just bc it's fun, but i know she's still skeptical. she only believes because i told her he's real. i was telling my friend about it when she started questioning and he said he's always told his children santa isn't real because he wants them to know that HE is the one who works hard to buy them the gifts they want - not some made up in a red suit get the credit makes sense.

that's funny about the wrapping paper. my daughter found her tooth from the tooth fairy in my purse bc my whole family thinks my purse is theirs too - she was digging for gum. she looked shocked and i said, "that's just the case. the tooth fairy got the tooth and left the case so i can use it again"

i grew up with siblings who were tweens when i was 5/6 and they told me santa wasn't real. i didn't believe them and it just made christmas more fun, actually. my younger siblings and i would sleep in the same bed and try to stay up all night and sneak down the steps to see what our parents were doing, etc. those are some of the best memories i have - santa hunting.
Abigail 04:54 PM 11-17-2010
I don't see a problem of calling the parents, but make sure you're not "steamed" when you call. I probably would have left a message to call you back or spoke to her in the morning at drop off. It's a matter of the older children being respectful of the younger children.

We have a section in our handbook that states what we celebrate including all holidays and birthdays and also welcome any other event teachings if someone was a different religion or background, etc. Once year (this is back in laboratory preschool) we have one parent who didn't want to celebrate birthdays (I think, don't quote me), so all we did was say Happy Birthday and called it good for that child. The other families who had birthdays would bring in cupcakes and we would just say who's birthday it was and how old they were to the class. The rest of the talk was more along the lines, "Do you want to come to my party"...etc. We worked around it anyways.

Most daycare providers do have a Holiday or Special Occassions area stating what they will celebrate. They also include that if they wish their child not participate in something that arrangements be made that they remain home that day. Besides, they can always find care elsewhere or with family if something was such a huge issue. Bringing this back to Santa though, maybe you can add something about fictional characters including the tooth fairy, santa clause, easter bunny, etc. You could even ask the parents to share how they handle things, but in the end it boils down to being respectful and letting the younger kids believe in "magic".

For all those stubborn people out there, have you watched any children's shows? I'm not going to be the one who says Barney and the Backyardigans characters are fake until they're ready to hear it. Not all kids are ready to "grow up" and become the magic at the same time. I would be heart broken if I didn't get to take pictures on Santa's lap when I was little and watch movies about Santa and Rudolph.
nikia 05:22 PM 11-17-2010
Wow I THOUGHT THIS FORUM WAS FOR ADVICE AND SUPPORT THAT WAS HARSH.
Lianne 06:36 AM 11-18-2010
Well, I am also Christian, and we do not believe in santa claus or the easter bunny. I dont even call it easter, we call it resurrection day. Nor do I celebrate halloween. To me, the "magic" is Jesus birth and how he came to save the world. I would never have any type of a santa decoration up..in fact the pic of santa makes me sick...In my opnion, telling kids about santa is lying, and diminshes our saviours birth, and kids grow up not believing in Jesus, if you ask my kids, they will tell you there is no santa. Kids will tell other kids what they believe because that is how they were raised, and everyone has different beliefs, which they are entitled to. So before you go jumping down the parents throat, you should find out why they dont believe in santa.
So, it's okay if your children tell my children there's no Santa Claus because you don't believe in him. So, I guess it won't be offensive to you when my children inform your children that there is no Jesus and that Jesus is a lie parents tell their children so they will behave. We don't believe in Jesus or anything related to him so, based on your Santa theory, it's okay for us to correctly inform your children about him.
MyAngels 06:51 AM 11-18-2010
When you stop believing in the magic,.. you become the magic.
This is a really nice way to think about it, thanks for sharing!
daysofelijah 07:42 AM 11-18-2010
Originally Posted by Lianne:
So, it's okay if your children tell my children there's no Santa Claus because you don't believe in him. So, I guess it won't be offensive to you when my children inform your children that there is no Jesus and that Jesus is a lie parents tell their children so they will behave. We don't believe in Jesus or anything related to him so, based on your Santa theory, it's okay for us to correctly inform your children about him.
Lianne, get real, I think there is a big difference between Santa and Jesus. I think you should be able to recognize that even if you choose not to believe in Christ.
legomom922 08:17 AM 11-18-2010
Originally Posted by :

What is harsh is that you said you would terminate a child for saying santa isn't real!! Now is that Christlike??
legomom922 08:20 AM 11-18-2010
So before you go jumping down the parents throat, you should find out why they dont believe in santa.
Obviously Lianne you MISSED what I had actually said!!

And by the way, your kids would never be telling my kids that Jesus is not real, because I only accept Christians into my daycare, not ATHIESTS!!
legomom922 08:22 AM 11-18-2010
Originally Posted by daysofelijah:
Lianne, get real, I think there is a big difference between Santa and Jesus.
I agree! here some reasons why there is a BIG difference!

Why Jesus is Better than Santa Claus

Santa lives at the North Pole...
JESUS is everywhere.

Santa rides in a sleigh...
JESUS rides on the wind and walks on the water.

Santa comes but once a year...
JESUS is an ever present help.

Santa fills your stockings with goodies...
JESUS supplies all your needs.

Santa comes down your chimney uninvited...
JESUS stands at your door and knocks, and then enters your heart when invited.

You have to wait in line to see Santa...
JESUS is as close as the mention of His name.

Santa lets you sit on his lap...
JESUS lets you rest in His arms.

Santa doesn't know your name, all he can say is "Hi little boy or girl, what's your name?"...
JESUS knew our name before we were born. Not only does He know our name, He knows our address too. He knows our history and future and He even knows how many hairs are on our heads.

Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly...
JESUS has a heart full of love.

All Santa can offer is HO HO HO...
JESUS offers health, help and hope.

Santa says "You better not cry"...
JESUS says "Cast all your cares on me for I care for you."

Santa's little helpers make toys...
JESUS makes new life, mends wounded hearts, repairs broken homes and builds mansions.

Santa may make you chuckle but...
JESUS gives you joy that is your strength.

While Santa puts gifts under your tree...
JESUS became our gift and died on a tree... the cross.

We need to put Christ back in CHRISTmas, Jesus is still the reason for the season.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).
Blackcat31 08:31 AM 11-18-2010
That is AWESOME! I am going to copy that! It goes along with one of my biggest peeve...when people say "X" in place of Christ in christmas! I believed in Santa as a child (and so did my children) but along with some of the magic and fun of Christmas, we still ALWAYS knew exactly why we were celebrating the day. In regards to the original post....I think it was a sad situation that the older girl told the younger one. I still would have mentioned it to parent but I also feel that once your kid gets to school... they are gonna hear all sorts of things so we gotta just take them one at a time and whatever we choose to say to them depends on each child. Good luck and I am sorry that happened to your child. The other girl, even though she is 11, is also just a child and I feel bad for her that her mom or dad didn't talk with her about that type of thing. I let my kids believe in Santa, but they also knew not to ruin it for others when they got old enough. My daughter learned about oral sex on the bus when she was 7 from an 8th grader who liked to tell dirty jokes he heard from his dad.....like I said, they are gonna hear ALL kinds of stuff.
nikia 09:39 AM 11-18-2010
QUOTE]

What is harsh is that you said you would terminate a child for saying santa isn't real!! Now is that Christlike??[/quote]

First I never said I would term the child, that was someone else's post not that it really matters who said, if that is they way they feel than so be it.

Second this SA is not even supposed to be here, she is a drop-off once and the parents have taken advantage of and I am taking care of that issue.

Third if my children believe in something then I EXPECT my daycare families to RESPECT that. They DO NOT have to AGREE or Believe the same thing but they dang well better respect it.

So this what make America great and lots of daycares prosper all different views, beliefs, etc. Why cant you Leggomom Respect other people's beliefs? Really that is the issue that they did not respect what my children believe and yes I feel thats an issue.

Maybe if everyone learned to respect people and what they believe things would be better in this world. Example all of the Homosexual kids who had commited suicide because they were bullied and made fun of because they led a different life, not that it has anything to do with Santa clause but it does have to do with people that DISRESPECT other people.
nikia 09:41 AM 11-18-2010

And by the way, your kids would never be telling my kids that Jesus is not real, because I only accept Christians into my daycare, not ATHIESTS!!
And that sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen if any one was turned away for their beliefs, at least in my state it is.
nikia 09:47 AM 11-18-2010
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That is AWESOME! I am going to copy that! It goes along with one of my biggest peeve...when people say "X" in place of Christ in christmas! I believed in Santa as a child (and so did my children) but along with some of the magic and fun of Christmas, we still ALWAYS knew exactly why we were celebrating the day. In regards to the original post....I think it was a sad situation that the older girl told the younger one. I still would have mentioned it to parent but I also feel that once your kid gets to school... they are gonna hear all sorts of things so we gotta just take them one at a time and whatever we choose to say to them depends on each child. Good luck and I am sorry that happened to your child. The other girl, even though she is 11, is also just a child and I feel bad for her that her mom or dad didn't talk with her about that type of thing. I let my kids believe in Santa, but they also knew not to ruin it for others when they got old enough. My daughter learned about oral sex on the bus when she was 7 from an 8th grader who liked to tell dirty jokes he heard from his dad.....like I said, they are gonna hear ALL kinds of stuff.

I know they will hear it at school, I know that soon enough she will have to "become the magic" as someone put for her younger sister and the little daycare kids. I was very nice to the mom and didnt blow up and I didnt say anything to the child, as I feel the same way that it is sad that her parents did not talk to her about such things. I just thing that parents need to teach thier children to respect other peoples beliefs and I dont think that any age is too young to teach respect in some way or another. Do we not tell a one year old " No Hit, Hitting hurts" That is how children learn. So when I tell my 7 year old some people dont believe but we do and we respect what other people believe and she gets it I do not think that is too much to ask of an eleven year old.

Anyway this post was not meant to make such harsh things come out next time I will ask the following : "DO YOU EXPECT YOUR DAYCARE FAMILIES AND THEIR CHILDREN TO RESPECT YOUR BELIEFS, NOT AGREE BUT RESPECT AND IF THEY DONT HOW DO YOU HANDLE THAT"

Thanks
Unregistered 10:14 AM 11-18-2010

This is the type of comment that lawsuits are made of!!! Why in the world would you even make a remark like that?

In any case, is that really the kind of message that you want to send to the children in your care? I don't care how you dress it, that is teaching intolerance.
QualiTcare 10:31 AM 11-18-2010
how could someone predict their child spilling the beans about santa? honestly, i don't think it's that big of a deal. yeah, i want my kids to believe in santa because it's fun. i also know that they are smart, they are skeptical, and telling that santa isn't real is what kids DO! kids told me santa wasn't real when i was young - my own siblings did. it didn't make me stop believing. it did make me try harder to catch him in action or bust my parents eating the cookies. heck, my siblings told me i was adopted. be thankful you're not having to convince her you're her mother.

you can't control what other people do. you teach your kids what you want them to know and believe and everyone isn't going to agree, but that's all you can do. you can't call everyone that ever tells your child something you don't want her to hear. you should be glad that your 7 year old believed as long as she has. if she's in school, i GUARANTEE this isn't the first time someone has said this to her. with christmas coming up, they probably talk about it all the time at school. the 9 year old turned 11 year old was probably just a scapegoat. she's heard it before and she's starting to wonder so instead of saying "mom, i don't think santa's real" it's "mom, suzy told me santa isn't real." it sounds more convincing that way. someone ELSE told me the truth! and someone older...she WANTS you to tell her suzy is lying, and you did. problem solved.

i just don't see what you expect from the parents. the "damage" has been done. the phone lines would blow up from overload if everyone called the parents of the child who told them santa wasnt real.
nikia 10:41 AM 11-18-2010
and my phone would be blowing up if the other kids had the statement in my home and yes I can control what my kids hear and say in MY home. And my child didnt make this kid the scapegoat she . So micheal let's close this thread as it has way over the point and is getting personal. . This is a horrible forum and I am out of here.
legomom922 10:44 AM 11-18-2010
And that sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen if any one was turned away for their beliefs, at least in my state it is.
No different than only accepting kids over 3 yrs old..isn't that discrimination againist age?? And ah anyone who didnt believe in Jesus would never call me anyway because I advertise this is a real Christian daycare where nobody would get terminated because they said santa wasn't real, because everyone in my DC KNOWS HE ISN"T REAL!

Hmm, isn't lying to your kids about santa a sin? I mean isn't there a commandment that says "Thou shall not lie"? No where in Gods word does it say "Thou shall not lie, except about santa claus" I don't think Jesus would be too happy knowing that kids believe in santa more than they do him!
QualiTcare 10:45 AM 11-18-2010
when did i say your child is a liar? where did that come from?

i said she wants you to tell her that the child saying santa isn't real was lying, and you did.
legomom922 11:00 AM 11-18-2010
I feel the same way that it is sad that her parents did not talk to her about such things. I just thing that parents need to teach thier children to respect other peoples beliefs and I dont think that any age is too young to teach respect in some way or another.. So when I tell my 7 year old some people dont believe but we do and we respect what other people believe and she gets it I do not think that is too much to ask of an eleven year old.
You think it is sad that her parents didn't tell her not to tell your kids that santa isn't real??? Was that in your contract?? Did you tell this Mom when you interviewed her YOUR FEELINGS on santa?? if not, you don't have a leg to stand on!!

You think that these parents don't teach respect to their kids because the big lie about santa has been exposed?? How can you expect your child to learn about lying and how lying is wrong when you have been lying to her for years??

It's not too much for your child to respect what others believe, but it is TOO much when you go and call the parents on it!!! You will be calling every parent in school then and in your neighborhood!
Unregistered 11:02 AM 11-18-2010
No different than only accepting kids over 3 yrs old..isn't that discrimination againist age?? And ah anyone who didnt believe in Jesus would never call me anyway because I advertise this is a real Christian daycare where nobody would get terminated because they said santa wasn't real, because everyone in my DC KNOWS HE ISN"T REAL!

Hmm, isn't lying to your kids about santa a sin? I mean isn't there a commandment that says "Thou shall not lie"? No where in Gods word does it say "Thou shall not lie, except about santa claus" I don't think Jesus would be too happy knowing that kids believe in santa more than they do him!
I'm pretty sure that Jesus wouldn't be mad over kids believing in the magic of Santa Claus.

Not accepting children who are past a certain age is absolutely different than not accepting a child because the family isn't a "real Christian" family. That's like comparing apples to cheeseburgers. They aren't even remotely alike.

If lying is a sin, then consider the scope of your own sinning. Consider the following verse because it addresses your attitude.

"For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Judging others is just as bad as lying.
legomom922 11:10 AM 11-18-2010
the 9 year old turned 11 year old was probably just a scapegoat. she's heard it before and she's starting to wonder so instead of saying "mom, i don't think santa's real" it's "mom, suzy told me santa isn't real." it sounds more convincing that way. someone ELSE told me the truth! and someone older...she WANTS you to tell her suzy is lying, and you did. problem solved.
Since when does the word " was probably" mean your child is lying? I don't see anything here that suggests a child was lying to their mother!

Furthermore, the lies just keep coming! first mom is lying to little suzie, and the 11 yr old is telling the truth, but now is labled a troublemaker and now mom is lying to little suzie somemore by saying that the 11 yr old is lying, so now little suzie is not going to like the 11 yr old anymore because she lies....geez...no wonder God said "Thou shall not lie" it just creates bigger problems!
nikia 11:12 AM 11-18-2010
when did i say your child is a liar? where did that come from?

i said she wants you to tell her that the child saying santa isn't real was lying, and you did.
I aplogize I read it wrong.
legomom922 11:21 AM 11-18-2010
[quote=Unregistered;58635]
Not accepting children who are past a certain age is absolutely different than not accepting a child because the family isn't a "real Christian" family./QUOTE]

Gee I think you need glasses, because I wrote I wouldn't take athiests...
DCMomOf3 11:22 AM 11-18-2010
Please. Stop. Please. Everyone needs to cool off. Believe in who and what you will, and not chastize others for their beliefs. I don't think anyone can change anyones perspective in a converstation like this, it's only going to make the tension worse.

Step back please and think. Is it worth it to continue this? I don't think it is.
QualiTcare 11:24 AM 11-18-2010
Since when does the word " was probably" mean your child is lying? I don't see anything here that suggests a child was lying to their mother!

Furthermore, the lies just keep coming! first mom is lying to little suzie, and the 11 yr old is telling the truth, but now is labled a troublemaker and now mom is lying to little suzie somemore by saying that the 11 yr old is lying, so now little suzie is not going to like the 11 yr old anymore because she lies....geez...no wonder God said "Thou shall not lie" it just creates bigger problems!
um, suzy was the 11 year old in my analogy. i think that's where the misunderstanding came from. it's all good now. lego, let's drop it.
Unregistered 11:30 AM 11-18-2010

This is where you compare age to religion. Yes, it's true that in another post you said that you wouldn't take atheists, but in this post you are comparing not taking a child based on age with not taking a child based on their family's religion.

You opened this can of worms. If you are going to have such strong opinions, you need to be ready to hear opposition.
nikia 11:30 AM 11-18-2010
Quali, maybe you can just remove this because it has above and beyond and people have been really hurt by this.. I also aplogize for miss reading your post.
legomom922 11:37 AM 11-18-2010
May I suggest that no one bring up controversial topics? You asked for opnions, and you got them, weather you agreed with them or not. You were offended by that child, and I am offended by santa claus, and others are offended by Jesus. You also can't expect to come on here thinking your beliefs are going to line up with everyone elses either!
nikia 11:39 AM 11-18-2010
May I suggest that no one bring up controversial topics? You asked for opnions, and you got them, weather you agreed with them or not. You were offended by that child, and I am offended by santa claus, and others are offended by Jesus. You also can't expect to come on here thinking your beliefs are going to line up with everyone elses either!
Okay I dont for the last time I just think everyone needs to respect other people's beliefs. So lets just drop this.
Unregistered 11:41 AM 11-18-2010
So...Nan was being too "persona" but this is OK????? How does that work? It seems to me that if you are going to be calling Nan out publically, then you should definitely have something to say to leggomom?!

Good grief!

3kidsmom

ps: I actually am a member, I just forgot my login information.
DCMomOf3 11:42 AM 11-18-2010
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
Please. Stop. Please. Everyone needs to cool off. Believe in who and what you will, and not chastize others for their beliefs. I don't think anyone can change anyones perspective in a converstation like this, it's only going to make the tension worse.

Step back please and think. Is it worth it to continue this? I don't think it is.
Where is a begging smiley when you need one?
QualiTcare 11:47 AM 11-18-2010
i said something to legomom. i told her to drop it. DCmom is another mod who has asked that it be dropped.

nikia created the thread and has now asked that it be dropped.

STOP.
Unregistered 11:55 AM 11-18-2010
I don't think anyone was offended by your feelings about Jesus; it was the mean spirited and judgemental way you presented yourself. I think you should take a moment to pray on it. I'm not being sarcastic, I really think you need to take a step back. Lots and lots of Christians share the Santa story with their children, it doesn't make you a better Christian because you don't.

I'm sure it is not your intent, however you are coming off as quite prideful.

"Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall."

3KidsMom
kendallina 12:13 PM 11-18-2010
nevermind....
kendallina 12:17 PM 11-18-2010
Ummm...yes, big time lawsuit. Not that I, as an atheist would put my daughter in a childcare where christianity was prominent, but if I wanted to, there could be a huge lawsuit for being turned away for our beliefs. Ok....i really need to leave this thread...sorry to OP, I just had to get that out.
Unregistered 12:31 PM 11-18-2010
So...Nan was being too "persona" but this is OK????? How does that work? It seems to me that if you are going to be calling Nan out publically, then you should definitely have something to say to leggomom?!

Good grief!

3kidsmom

ps: I actually am a member, I just forgot my login information.

I agree with you. Nan gets called out in a public forum for dispensing advice and Legomom gets to make some pretty inflammatory comments and just gets a vague "drop it". Way to be fair...
QualiTcare 12:42 PM 11-18-2010
first of all, i am not michael. what happens between him and another poster is their business only. furthermore, i'm pretty confident when i say that nan is a big girl and can speak for herself.

lego didnt just get a vague drop it. myself, DCmom, and the OP have asked and then said for this to stop.

if you feel so strongly about discussions here, why not become a registered member and contribute positively as well.

the OP has gotten all the feedback she needs or wants from this thread. if you want to debate religion, PM each other.
MN Mom 03:13 PM 11-18-2010
I may or may not be a Christian. That is for God to decide when the time comes.
That said, I believe the Bible is a wonderful historical reference and a great tool to use in life's lessons.

I found something that I think is pertinent to this discussion.

"Give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, they will pour into your lap. For whatever measure you deal out to others it will be dealt to you in return." (Luke 6:38)

Not only does this apply to the gifts of goodness, but also of the bad.

If you give judgment, you shall be judged;if you give spite, you shall receive spite;if you spread hate, hate you shall receive.

Just remember. If you give Respect...you shall receive it in return. I'm sure many hurt feelings were both gifted and received in this conversation. It makes me very sad to see this from such a wonderful group of ladies (and gents).
momofboys 04:47 PM 11-18-2010

And who are YOU to judge someone either?!?! It goes both ways. Christians aren't perfect. . . no one is!
Lianne 05:00 PM 11-18-2010
I agree! here some reasons why there is a BIG difference!

Why Jesus is Better than Santa Claus

Santa lives at the North Pole...
JESUS is everywhere.

Santa rides in a sleigh...
JESUS rides on the wind and walks on the water.

Santa comes but once a year...
JESUS is an ever present help.

Santa fills your stockings with goodies...
JESUS supplies all your needs.

Santa comes down your chimney uninvited...
JESUS stands at your door and knocks, and then enters your heart when invited.

You have to wait in line to see Santa...
JESUS is as close as the mention of His name.

Santa lets you sit on his lap...
JESUS lets you rest in His arms.

Santa doesn't know your name, all he can say is "Hi little boy or girl, what's your name?"...
JESUS knew our name before we were born. Not only does He know our name, He knows our address too. He knows our history and future and He even knows how many hairs are on our heads.

Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly...
JESUS has a heart full of love.

All Santa can offer is HO HO HO...
JESUS offers health, help and hope.

Santa says "You better not cry"...

Santa's little helpers make toys...
JESUS makes new life, mends wounded hearts, repairs broken homes and builds mansions.

Santa may make you chuckle but...
JESUS gives you joy that is your strength.

While Santa puts gifts under your tree...
JESUS became our gift and died on a tree... the cross.

We need to put Christ back in CHRISTmas, Jesus is still the reason for the season.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).
Ah, but Legomom, you can't have it both ways. You can't decide that it's okay for you (as in you, your family, etc.) to tell those who do believe in Santa that he's not real, he's a lie and just a story but then get offended when someone who feels that Jesus is not real, is a lie, and just a story tells your children their (dis)belief in Jesus

You believe:
"Santa lives at the North Pole...
JESUS is everywhere."

I believe:
That Jesus doesn't exist so he doesn't live anywhere

You believe:
"Santa rides in a sleigh...
JESUS rides on the wind and walks on the water."

I believe:
That it is impossible for someone to ride on the wind or walk on water

You believe:
"Santa comes but once a year...
JESUS is an ever present help."

I believe:
There is no such thing as Jesus

You believe:
"Santa fills your stockings with goodies...
JESUS supplies all your needs."

I believe:
That I (and family & friends) supply all of my needs

You believe:
"Santa comes down your chimney uninvited...
JESUS stands at your door and knocks, and then enters your heart when invited."

I believe:
That Santa IS invited into my house (he's coming to see my daycare kids on Dec 22nd, in fact) and that, since Jesus doesn't exist, he cannot knock at my door - real or proverbial - nor enter my heart.

You believe:
"You have to wait in line to see Santa...
JESUS is as close as the mention of His name."

I believe:
That no matter how long I wait I will never see, hear or feel Jesus

You believe:
"Santa lets you sit on his lap...
JESUS lets you rest in His arms."

I believe:
I rest in the arms of my family, friends and spouse

You believe:
"Santa doesn't know your name, all he can say is "Hi little boy or girl, what's your name?"...
JESUS knew our name before we were born. Not only does He know our name, He knows our address too. He knows our history and future and He even knows how many hairs are on our heads."

I believe:
That is not possible in any way

You believe:
"Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly...
JESUS has a heart full of love."

I believe:
The love I receive in my life comes from those I love around me.

You believe:
"All Santa can offer is HO HO HO...
JESUS offers health, help and hope."

I believe:
My doctor and I take care of my health, that I can rely on a number of real, in my face, people (including myself) for help...and hope, actually.

You believe:
"Santa says "You better not cry"...

I believe:
That I take care of myself and am pretty good at doing so.

You believe:
"Santa's little helpers make toys...
JESUS makes new life, mends wounded hearts, repairs broken homes and builds mansions."

I believe:
That an egg and a sperm make a new life, that time, doctors or therapists mend hearts, that there is no such thing as a broken home and that mansions are tacky

You believe:
"Santa may make you chuckle but...
JESUS gives you joy that is your strength."

I believe:
That people (real, live human people) I choose to surround myself with give me joy and strength

You believe:
"While Santa puts gifts under your tree...
JESUS became our gift and died on a tree... the cross."

I believe:
That never happened.

You believe:
"We need to put Christ back in CHRISTmas, Jesus is still the reason for the season."

I believe this is incorrect and that Christmas began in ancient Babylon as a pagan feast to celebrate the son of Isis (Goddess of Winter). In ancient Rome, Christmas was the celebration of the Winter Solstice. [In 350, Pope Julius I declared that Christ’s birth would be celebrated on December 25. There is little doubt that he was trying to make it as painless as possible for pagan Romans (who remained a majority at that time) to convert to Christianity. The new religion went down a bit easier, knowing that their feasts would not be taken away from them.

Christmas (Christ-Mass) as we know it today, most historians agree, began in Germany, though Catholics and Lutherans still disagree about which church celebrated it first. The earliest record of an evergreen being decorated in a Christian celebration was in 1521 in the Alsace region of Germany. A prominent Lutheran minister of the day cried blasphemy: “Better that they should look to the true tree of life, Christ.” -The following was taken from this article http://www.essortment.com/all/christmaspagan_rece.htm]

You believe that Santa is a fictional character in storybooks. You believe the Bible is the word of God and that Jesus lives.

I believe that Santa is a fictional character in a storybook. I believe that the Bible is a fictional storybook, there is no God and that Jesus is a fictional character in a storybook.

You are welcome to your beliefs, I don't begrudge you tem for one minute. However, I'm entitled to have my own beliefs as well, to raise my children how I wish, to run my daycare business how I wish whether that includes Santa or not. You and your family have the right to tell my children (or any children) that Santa is not real but those children also have the right to tell yours that Jesus is not real. My words of advice to all would be to look within your heart and decide what makes sense to you, what feels right to you and that will tell you what you believe in.

Oh, and you may choose to call me an athiest as an insult but I can be offended by being called a word that describes what I do (or don't in this case) believe.
Lianne 05:16 PM 11-18-2010
I responded to Legomom a few minutes ago. I had not read to the end of the thread or read the mods asking for the thread to be dropped. I thought a moment about editing out my response to Legomom out of respect for the mods' wishes but have decided to let my response stay as is. I don't believe I have been inflammatory, I have not been disrespectful. I do feel that I deserve a chance to respond even if it's hours later and after the thread got a bit heated. I have had a busy day and just now have had a chance to return to thie thread. It is not my intention to create further issues or stir up any trouble. I just wanted a chance to respond to a post directed to me.
DancingQueen 09:28 AM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by :
because I only accept Christians into my daycare,
STrange - consider Jesus accepts EVERYONE into his care. Doesn't seem very Jesus-like to me. But what do I know - I'm a buffet Catholic.

My family knows the rules "If you don't believe you don't recieve" so even my 16 year old fakes it for the joy and wonder of the rest of the family. My daycare kids are all too young to make a comment like that - if anything my 8 year old might bust out with it - but then Christmas would be ruined for him. I told him that every can believe what they choose to believe - but to ruin the magic for anyone else would be a horrible thing and would basically ruin the magic of Xmas for him. But I'm a mean mom so don't listen to me LOL
MommyMuffin 10:08 AM 11-19-2010
I would be upset with a dc kid if they told the younger ones about santa. I would mention this to the parents when they came what had happened without naming names...they may guess or ask their child though.

To the parent whose child told the others I would just let them know what happened. Thankfully I only have 3 yo and under I just dont think there is much that a parent can do after the fact. Even a well raised child may slip up sometimes..it is a big secret.

I would then continue as usual celebrating the holiday believing.
We are a christian family. We belive in Santa because it is a fun tradition and they find joy in it. It does not take away from the birth of Jesus in our home.

I am not advertised as having a christian curriculum because I do not want to discriminate. I do have in my contract that we celebrate chrisitan holidays so that the parents know what to expect.

I wish I could advertise as a christian child care but I dont want to miss out on have a variety of children to care for. Maybe in a year I will make the switch. Ok..sorry getting off topic...working with no adults all day can lead to typing pages and pages on your fav. forum!
Unregistered 10:19 AM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
I would be upset with a dc kid if they told the younger ones about santa. I would mention this to the parents when they came what had happened without naming names...they may guess or ask their child though.

To the parent whose child told the others I would just let them know what happened. Thankfully I only have 3 yo and under I just dont think there is much that a parent can do after the fact. Even a well raised child may slip up sometimes..it is a big secret.

We are a christian family. We belive in Santa because it is a fun tradition and they find joy in it. It does not take away from the birth of Jesus in our home.

I am not advertised as having a christian curriculum because I do not want to discriminate. I do have in my contract that we celebrate chrisitan holidays so that the parents know what to expect.

I wish I could advertise as a christian child care but I dont want to miss out on have a variety of children to care for. Maybe in a year I will make the switch. Ok..sorry getting off topic...working with no adults all day can lead to typing pages and pages on your fav. forum!
I actually have found a way to address that very issue. I don't want to exclude any kids because of having too narrow of a scope when it relates to religion, so instead, I cover pretty much every spiritual belief system and then myself and the dcks can learn about it all together. It's pretty fun and informative!
QualiTcare 10:27 AM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:

i agree. i don't go to church, but i allow my children to go with my aunt because i want them to be exposed to different beliefs and decide for themselves. well, my daughter goes, but my son said he didn't want to anymore so i don't make him. he said, "all they do at church is talk about God. God, God, God. Just God!" he's 4 - it was funny. anyhow, i would send them to a christian person's childcare in a heartbeat, but if it was advertised as "christian childcare" i would think they might be fanatical about it, u know?
QualiTcare 10:28 AM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by Lianne:
I responded to Legomom a few minutes ago. I had not read to the end of the thread or read the mods asking for the thread to be dropped. I thought a moment about editing out my response to Legomom out of respect for the mods' wishes but have decided to let my response stay as is. I don't believe I have been inflammatory, I have not been disrespectful. I do feel that I deserve a chance to respond even if it's hours later and after the thread got a bit heated. I have had a busy day and just now have had a chance to return to thie thread. It is not my intention to create further issues or stir up any trouble. I just wanted a chance to respond to a post directed to me.
it's cool, lianne. obviously the thread hasn't been dropped, but it seems peaceful....for now
legomom922 10:40 AM 11-19-2010
Mommy muffin,

It's not that I discriminate, however I want to have the liberty and the freedom to pray with the children before meal times, read them christian storybooks, do christian crafts (those that you would find at sunday school, which I also used to do). I want to be able to talk freely and teach about Jesus.

I also have learned from previous expieriences, that having a non christian child in a christian centered DC, does not work. I tried it once. They did not want me to teach the child to say grace at meal time, etc. Their reason for choosing me to begin with was that they wanted good morals and values taught to their child, and thought a christ centered DC would do just that. However they wanted the good morals & values taught without Christ being involved. It didn't work...So it taught me a lesson.

I advertise as being a Christian DC to attract the famlies that are looking for that type of environment. I now interview more in depth of what I do and what I expect and ask what do they expect from me. If they don't want Christ brought into their childs upbringing, now I tell them they would not be a good fit into my DC, same as anyone esle would would do if they felt the family was not fit for any other reason. In the past, my DC celebrates Jesus Birthday, and we even make a cake. Santa is never brought into my home, and the parents whom I have, have chosen me for a reason, and it works for me. Same with halloween. My DC parents know halloween is celebrated here. Instead we have a Fall Harvest Party. Thanksgiving is not about eating turkey in my house either. Instead kids are taught that Thanksgiving is a time we thank the Lord for all of his blessings upon us. Anyway, you get the idea.

If you choose to advertise your DC as a Christian Christ centered center, you will be blessed with the kids that God does choose to come to you. A parent whom does not believe in God, is not going to use your daycare anymore than they would take their child to a sunday school class, unless they are thinking of switching.

Good luck in whatever path you take.
Unregistered 11:21 AM 11-19-2010
Mommy muffin,

A parent whom does not believe in God, is not going to use your daycare anymore than they would take their child to a sunday school class, unless they are thinking of switching.

Good luck in whatever path you take.
My sister is a gay atheist and her kids go to private Catholic school...because it's a good school.

And yes, the nun's all know that they are gay and that the kids have differing views...one is an atheist and the other is agnostic. I guess hat's off to the nun's for being open minded!!!
Michael 11:27 AM 11-19-2010
My sister is a gay atheist and her kids go to private Catholic school...because it's a good school.

And yes, the nun's all know that they are gay and that the kids have differing views...one is an atheist and the other is agnostic. I guess hat's off to the nun's for being open minded!!!
Hats off to your sister too for putting her kids in a school that can also promote an opposing view.
legomom922 01:38 PM 11-19-2010
That really makes no sense to me, as why an athiest would want kids taught about something they don't believe in themselves, unless they dont want them to be like them??

I know I would NEVER send my christian child to an athiest school....I don't care how good the program is, the principals have to be are different.
QualiTcare 02:14 PM 11-19-2010
That really makes no sense to me, as why an athiest would want kids taught about something they don't believe in themselves, unless they dont want them to be like them??

I know I would NEVER send my christian child to an athiest school....I don't care how good the program is, the principals have to be are different.

legomom, some people want their children to be able to think and decide for themselves. i consider myself to be agnostic. you can call it atheist, whatever. it's basically, i don't believe, but i can't prove that there's no God nor do i care.

as i mentioned before, i still let my children go to church. my son stopped going because he doesn't want to go. he made the CHOICE to stop going at 4years old. his sister goes every sunday and loves it. every now and then he'll go with her. i don't see what's confusing about letting your kids choose what to (or not to) believe. i know that living in the bible belt, everyone's first question is, "where do you go to church?" and then "what's your name?" kids couldn't BELIEVE i didn't go to church when i was growing up. i wanted my kids to have that option. if they believe, fine...if they don't, fine...but i have no desire to impose my lack of belief on them so why wouldn't i (or anyone) let their children be exposed to something just because they don't believe it? they're going to have good morals and values regardless and that's all that really matters.
Unregistered 02:44 PM 11-19-2010
Hmmm...well, if you are truly interested I am happy to share a little about my sister and her family. I am quite proud of her and her family, so please forgive me if I brag a little.

First of all, she and her partner have been together for 20+ years. Thet are both lawyers and have built a successful lawfirm. I don't know anyone as willing as my sister is to drop what she is doing to help someone else. A few years ago she won the William E. Morris Pro Bono Service Award. They are very actively involved in working with the Navajo Rerservation and Legal Aid. Her children have been raised on a premise of volunteer service and gratitude. They are gracious, intelligent, and charasmatic children...well, teenagers now.

The point is this, they are some of the BEST people that I know. They don't do the right thing because they read it in book, or for heavenly rewards. They do what they do because it is the RIGHT thing.

So, whats up with the Catholic School? Do they not want their children to turn out like them? Successful, happy people with good hearts, wonderful friends, and a loving family. Uhh...no. They send their kids there because they are totally OK with the belief systems of others. She may not agree with you, but she'd be the first to fight for your chance to speak your truth.

They have told their children what they believe and offered their children the opportunity to make their own decisions in life, and provided them the education to make those decisions. Without a doubt they will find love and support regardless of what the ultimately decide to believe.

I wonder if you have provided your children those same opportunites?

By the by they attended a Quaker School when they were younger as well.
Unregistered 02:46 PM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by Michael:
Hats off to your sister too for putting her kids in a school that can also promote an opposing view.
Thank you!
legomom922 10:12 AM 11-20-2010
my son said he didn't want to anymore so i don't make him. he said, "all they do at church is talk about God. God, God, God. Just God!" he's 4 - it was funny. anyhow, i would send them to a christian person's childcare in a heartbeat, but if it was advertised as "christian childcare" i would think they might be fanatical about it, u know?
A 4 yr old is not old enough to make a mature decison, thats why parenst are suppose to teach children the way they should go. And of couse all they talk about God God God in church, what do you expect? God is suppose to be the center on ones life. And another thought, I don't know how many of you h ave had your child Baptizied, but if you do, you are making a commitment to that child to teach them all about the Lord and the faith you are baptizing them in, and you are doing that in front of God and all his people, the church.

Now what do you mean might be "fanatical"? A person living for Christ, will be passionate for Him and that's what is expected for us! My child care is a Christ centered childcare because Christ is first and formost in our home. It doesn't sound like you would want your kids in my daycare...but people living for Him would. So there is the difference.
Crystal 11:42 AM 11-20-2010
God is suppose to be the center on ones life.
THAT is YOUR opinion. And, I am sure that of many others here. But, who are you or any other "Christian" to tell those of us with differing beliefs that God is supposed to be the center of our lives, or any of the other things you have said are "mandatory" for EVERYONE? You say we HAVE to believe in your beliefs,or we are "wrong" but what about those here that you have "insulted" because you do not value their beliefs? Respect....It goes both ways.....don't expect to recieve the respect of others being accepting of your right to believe in what you believe, if you are not willing to return the same.
SandeeAR 02:00 PM 11-20-2010
Originally Posted by Crystal:
THAT is YOUR opinion. And, I am sure that of many others here. But, who are you or any other "Christian" to tell those of us with differing beliefs that God is supposed to be the center of our lives, or any of the other things you have said are "mandatory" for EVERYONE?

To answer your question, for those of us that are Christian.......It is God's Commandment to us to tell the world about him.
Crystal 02:04 PM 11-20-2010
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
To answer your question, for those of that are Christian.......It is God's Commandment to us to tell the world about him.
I get that. BUT, do you tell us that we HAVE to believe that? That we are immoral or have less important values than a "Christian"? I imagine that YOU wouldn't, but that IS what legomom has been doing throughout this thread.

Thank you though, I appreciate your reply
Unregistered 03:09 PM 11-20-2010
You asked me a question and I've answered...I see that you have replied to others but made no comment to me...why is that?
legomom922 05:02 PM 11-20-2010
Originally Posted by Crystal:
THAT is YOUR opinion. And, I am sure that of many others here. But, who are you or any other "Christian" to tell those of us with differing beliefs that God is supposed to be the center of our lives, or any of the other things you have said are "mandatory" for EVERYONE? You say we HAVE to believe in your beliefs,or we are "wrong" but what about those here that you have "insulted" because you do not value their beliefs? Respect....It goes both ways.....don't expect to recieve the respect of others being accepting of your right to believe in what you believe, if you are not willing to return the same.
Just for the record, I did not write the commandants, or the bible.

Also, it is not MY "opinon" that God is supposed to be the center of everyones life. He did..........

I also have not said anything is "mandatory" You won't find those words written by me anywhere on this thread.

I am not saying you have to believe in Him. God tells you to believe in Him. So if you disagree, take it up with Him.

Respect and value are 2 different things. I respect everyone right to believe what ever they want, however I only value what is truth. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
legomom922 05:05 PM 11-20-2010
You asked me a question and I've answered...I see that you have replied to others but made no comment to me...why is that?
gee, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to leave anyone out. I only have so many hours in a day. Who are you? I will answer you tomorrow, after church. I have to go to bed early as my husband is on the worship team.
nikia 05:38 PM 11-20-2010
Sooo anyway since I started this thread and it had nothing to do with what is being talked about now I thought I would let you all know how it went and what happend so whether you care or not here it is.

I did talk to the mom and asked her to just let the daughter know that all the young kids here believe in Santa Clause and asked that she please not ruin what they believe in. The mom was very sorry and totally understood why I asked her to talk to her daughter. There was no debate on religion or anything else. It was strickly an adult conversation about what we believe and what they believe and that we will all respect each others beliefs.

I think it is great to learn all different religions and also why people do not have a religion. If we all learn different ideas it would make us grow as people, and by learn I do not mean shoving things down people's throats. The point being we should respect each other has human beings no matter what color we are, what beliefs we have.

To the woman with the sister and her partner who send her children to a school that teaches them something other than what the parents believe in, hats off to them. I think it is great that they are so tolerant and let their children learn many different ways of the world and how people can believe different things but still be wonderful people.

Legomom, it is great that you believe so strongly in your religion and that you preach about God, it is what the bible says to do. I think it would be more effective without the personal attacks like telling someone to terminate a child so they can go to a "real" christian daycare all because we believe in Santa Clause.

Saint Nicholas He had a reputation for secret gift-giving, such as putting coins in the shoes of those who left them out for him, and thus became the model for Santa Claus, whose English name comes from the Dutch Sinterklaas. His reputation evolved among the faithful, as is common for early Christian saints.[4] In 1087, his relics were furtively translated to Bari, in southeastern Italy; for this reason, he is also known as Nikolaos of Bari

I personally dont think this is a bad thing to carry on in the minds of children, to my children Santa is a man who gives children of the world things they want and need, whether that be food, clothes or toys. That is my choice to share with my children as it is your to not and that should be celebrated, we shouldnt be made to feel less christian because of that. There was a true Saint and that is where Santa came from. My children know that Jesus is the reason we celebrate Christmas, they also know about St. Nick and Santa Claus. I dont feel it takes away from them knowing Jesus.
QualiTcare 05:42 PM 11-20-2010
A 4 yr old is not old enough to make a mature decison, thats why parenst are suppose to teach children the way they should go. And of couse all they talk about God God God in church, what do you expect? God is suppose to be the center on ones life. And another thought, I don't know how many of you h ave had your child Baptizied, but if you do, you are making a commitment to that child to teach them all about the Lord and the faith you are baptizing them in, and you are doing that in front of God and all his people, the church.

Now what do you mean might be "fanatical"? A person living for Christ, will be passionate for Him and that's what is expected for us! My child care is a Christ centered childcare because Christ is first and formost in our home. It doesn't sound like you would want your kids in my daycare...but people living for Him would. So there is the difference.
umm, i already said i'm not a christian and obviously don't go to church. so, if you are implying by teaching them the way they should go = teach them my beliefs (or lack of belief) then they would've never gone to church at all. surely a christian wouldn't recommend that. instead, i let them both go and asked (and still ask) every saturday, "do you want to go to church tomorrow?" my daughter is six and has only missed a handful of times - she loves going. my son was going regulary and then started saying "no" when i asked if he wanted to go. if he doesn't want to go, there's a REASON. yes, he said they talk about God, God, God - just God. that is FUNNY - i don't care if you're a priest - he's 4 and it's cute BECAUSE yes, that's what they DO at church. kind of like saying all they do at school is teach - teach teach teach. funny - nothing more.

People (and kids are people) are different and make different choices. two children raised in the same home, going to the same church - one loves going, one doesn't want to. there's no way i would MAKE him go when i don't even go. you have to be pretty open minded to let your children learn about something you don't believe in and make their own decisions, and that's contol a lot of people can't let go of. i'm not into the luck of the draw theory on religion - "whichever religion you were born into is the right one and you have to believe it," nor am i going to deprive them of the opportunity and choice to learn about God and decide for themselves in a society where it's the norm to do so.

in my experience non believers are much more tolerant and even accepting of other's beliefs. my children will be able to make a choice based on experience and freedom of choice rather than force. i consider that a gift although it should be a right.

fanatical (fəˈnætɪk ə l)

— adj
surpassing what is normal or accepted in enthusiasm for or belief in something; excessively or unusually dedicated or devoted

that explains what i meant by fanatical.
Unregistered 08:11 PM 11-20-2010
gee, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to leave anyone out. I only have so many hours in a day. Who are you? I will answer you tomorrow, after church. I have to go to bed early as my husband is on the worship team.
I'm sorry if you took my question as rude, it wasn't my intention. You asked ME a question and I replied to it, so I guess I figured you knew who I was.

I understand getting up early for church...my husband insists on the 8:30 service, although I'd much prefer the 10:30. That's OK though, the 8:30 is always less crowded and we have Sunday School after...confirmation on Wednesday nights and my husband is on the youth committee.

You see, we are not so different. I realize you feel attacked and that is not my attention. My only goal, and I believe the goal of the others as well, is not to attack but to feel understood. Many of us are Christians, some of us are probably Jewish, or Buddists, or agnostics...but whatever our belief system is, it will always make people feel defensive when they are told that how they pray, or what they believe, isn't as "good" as what someone else believes.

The only thing I was asking of you was this. Rather than making assumptions about other people's walk with God, stick to your own. All you needed to say was, "We feel closer to God when we don't participate in the non-religious aspects of Christmas (Easter, whatever). For us, it is a distraction from what we believe to be the true reason for the season." It is possible to share your feelings in a respectful and honest way, and much less likely to hurt others.

3kidsmom
marniewon 09:10 PM 11-20-2010

I've sat back and sat on my hands, to keep from responding to this thread. I can't keep quiet any longer. I am not religious. I am a born again, baptized in the spirit, Christian. I do not do religion, I do relationship. I have a close relationship with my loving Father. My loving God determines what I do and He alone corrects me when I stray. He has never told me it's a sin to teach my kids about Santa. He only cares (in my case anyway) that I teach my children about Him. If you feel convicted to NOT do santa, that's YOUR convictions, not everyone else's.

You said yourself that God stands at our (heart) door and knocks, and will only come in when invited. Are you better than God? We were made in His image, and if he will not force Himself on us, then who are you to do that? You are making all christians look bad by your attitude and your judgemental ways. Who are you to judge anyone else? There may be people on this forum who are searching for happiness and peace, through God, but YOU are pushing them away with your attitude!!!! Why would anyone who reads this thread want to do anything that would be anything like you? We are to be witnesses of Christ, not shove it down their throats or belittle anyone who don't believe the way we do. God is loving and patient - why do you feel like you can be anything different?

BTW - if you want to make sure everyone is "religiously correct" you might want to check your facts. According to the bible, parents do not "have their children" baptized. Baptism happens (according to the gospel of John) after a person becomes a believer. It is their decision to become a believer, and then their decision to become baptized. If you are talking about a child's dedication to the church, that's something different (not biblical, but where parents dedicate their child(ren) to God in front of friends/family/church family).

Now, you've been asked by fellow christians, non-believers, both mods, Michael AND the op to please stop! So....PLEASE STOP!!! I'm going to issue you a challenge. Pray to your God about what you are doing and really listen to His answer. Ask Him if you should continue in this tangent that you are determined to go on. If you are praying to the same God that I am - I'm pretty sure that you will hear that you are NOT furthering the kingdom of God - but probably driving people away from Him.

I can appreciate your enthusiasm, but make sure you are not driving people away by judging, but rather showing others the love God has for you in your words and actions.
QualiTcare 12:20 AM 11-21-2010
3kidsmom and marnie, i agree with both of you.

sure, my aunt and her family (in laws) tried to get me to go to church before and did their "duty" of spreading the word. however, i made it very clear to them that it was not going to happen and i did not intend on spending every family gathering being recruited. we now have a WONDERFUL relationship. they pray before every meal and i bow my head and close my eyes because i have RESPECT for what others believe in. my children go to church with them (not my son so much anymore) and i WILL go if they are having a program or a homecoming and everyone there is super nice to me as i am to them. i bow my head and give my tithes which i also have strong opinions about and i go on. they all know how i feel, but to an outsider, you'd never be able to tell there's any difference. i speak to the pastor at events and at their home on occassion and he's nothing but nice. i do think they respect the fact that i allow my children to go with them even though i have different beliefs and they respect me being blunt about not wanting to be "bothered."

i called my uncle (by marriage) to ask him for a ride to school for my daughter last week because my husband took the car without my knowledge bc his truck was messed up. he was at work, but his mother was here within minutes and it was EARLY! i LOVE her. she'd do anything to help us out, and she knows i'd do the same. that's all that matters in the end is how you treat people. in fact, i don't think i even know anyone who doesn't believe in God other than my husband and I have many friends who don't even know what I believe. I've had a few friends who have found out over the years and they were shocked, but it didn't change our friendship because by the time they realized it, we were already friends and they knew me as a person and not by what church i attended or didn't attend.

ironically, my husband said the other day that maybe we should start going to church which is a little scary to me as someone who doesn't have any intention on doing so (imagine your christian husband dropping the bomb that he's converting to islam). i don't know how that will play out at the moment, but i know if he does decide to go, it will definitely NOT be because people shoved it down his throat, but because people backed off, respected him, and treated us like we treat them. if you want people to join you in any group, there has to be some kind of common ground. if God isn't it, it has to be the way you treat each other.

badmouthing someone who doesn't believe in God or not associating yourself with them is never, ever going to get them to "come around." however, if you are nice and treat people who have different beliefs with respect, then they will come to you IF and when they change their mind. for example, if my husband really does decide to go to church, where do you think he'll go? he'll go to the church my children go to and are treated wonderfully, and where people treat us with respect and have been nothing but nice. he wouldn't go to one where people are going to say, "oh, they are just now coming? weren't they atheists or agnostics? their children aren't baptized?" etc. nope...he'd go to a place where people not only know, but respect how he felt even if they didn't agree. they'd consider it a BLESSING.

you are limiting yourself and depriving yourself from knowing a lot of great people, and people who you might be able to influence if that's your desire with the all or none attitude. just sayin'.
kidkair 05:57 AM 11-21-2010
Sooo anyway since I started this thread and it had nothing to do with what is being talked about now I thought I would let you all know how it went and what happend so whether you care or not here it is.

I did talk to the mom and asked her to just let the daughter know that all the young kids here believe in Santa Clause and asked that she please not ruin what they believe in. The mom was very sorry and totally understood why I asked her to talk to her daughter. There was no debate on religion or anything else. It was strickly an adult conversation about what we believe and what they believe and that we will all respect each others beliefs.
Thanks for the update. Even if everyone else ignored it I appreciate it. I'm so glad that you and your client were able to behave more civil than some of the women on this thread. Blessed Be.
SandeeAR 03:02 PM 11-21-2010
Originally Posted by marniewon:
i've sat back and sat on my hands, to keep from responding to this thread. I can't keep quiet any longer. I am not religious. I am a born again, baptized in the spirit, christian. I do not do religion, i do relationship. I have a close relationship with my loving father. My loving god determines what i do and he alone corrects me when i stray. He has never told me it's a sin to teach my kids about santa. He only cares (in my case anyway) that i teach my children about him. If you feel convicted to not do santa, that's your convictions, not everyone else's.

You said yourself that god stands at our (heart) door and knocks, and will only come in when invited. Are you better than god? We were made in his image, and if he will not force himself on us, then who are you to do that? You are making all christians look bad by your attitude and your judgemental ways. Who are you to judge anyone else? There may be people on this forum who are searching for happiness and peace, through god, but you are pushing them away with your attitude!!!! Why would anyone who reads this thread want to do anything that would be anything like you? We are to be witnesses of christ, not shove it down their throats or belittle anyone who don't believe the way we do. God is loving and patient - why do you feel like you can be anything different?

Btw - if you want to make sure everyone is "religiously correct" you might want to check your facts. According to the bible, parents do not "have their children" baptized. Baptism happens (according to the gospel of john) after a person becomes a believer. It is their decision to become a believer, and then their decision to become baptized. If you are talking about a child's dedication to the church, that's something different (not biblical, but where parents dedicate their child(ren) to god in front of friends/family/church family).

Now, you've been asked by fellow christians, non-believers, both mods, michael and the op to please stop! So....please stop!!! I'm going to issue you a challenge. Pray to your god about what you are doing and really listen to his answer. Ask him if you should continue in this tangent that you are determined to go on. If you are praying to the same god that i am - i'm pretty sure that you will hear that you are not furthering the kingdom of god - but probably driving people away from him.

I can appreciate your enthusiasm, but make sure you are not driving people away by judging, but rather showing others the love god has for you in your words and actions.
amen!!!!!!
SandeeAR 03:04 PM 11-21-2010
Originally Posted by kidkair:
Thanks for the update. Even if everyone else ignored it I appreciate it. I'm so glad that you and your client were able to behave more civil than some of the women on this thread. Blessed Be.

Glad it all worked out well for you.

Sorry Nikia, your part of the quote didn't come thru. I hit something wrong. My reply was to you.
BentleysBands 05:30 AM 11-22-2010

I think it is great to learn all different religions and also why people do not have a religion. If we all learn different ideas it would make us grow as people, and by learn I do not mean shoving things down people's throats. The point being we should respect each other has human beings no matter what color we are, what beliefs we have.

To the woman with the sister and her partner who send her children to a school that teaches them something other than what the parents believe in, hats off to them. I think it is great that they are so tolerant and let their children learn many different ways of the world and how people can believe different things but still be wonderful people.

Legomom, it is great that you believe so strongly in your religion and that you preach about God, it is what the bible says to do. I think it would be more effective without the personal attacks like telling someone to terminate a child so they can go to a "real" christian daycare all because we believe in Santa Clause.

Saint Nicholas He had a reputation for secret gift-giving, such as putting coins in the shoes of those who left them out for him, and thus became the model for Santa Claus, whose English name comes from the Dutch Sinterklaas. His reputation evolved among the faithful, as is common for early Christian saints.[4] In 1087, his relics were furtively translated to Bari, in southeastern Italy; for this reason, he is also known as Nikolaos of Bari

I personally dont think this is a bad thing to carry on in the minds of children, to my children Santa is a man who gives children of the world things they want and need, whether that be food, clothes or toys. That is my choice to share with my children as it is your to not and that should be celebrated, we shouldnt be made to feel less christian because of that. There was a true Saint and that is where Santa came from. My children know that Jesus is the reason we celebrate Christmas, they also know about St. Nick and Santa Claus. I dont feel it takes away from them knowing Jesus.
so glad it worked out for you!! i was curious to see what happened and glad it went so well.
Luna 10:37 AM 11-22-2010
It goes to show a little communication can go a long way!
Tags:christmas, santa claus, santa not
Reply Up